Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    you didn't do the special counting, thats why.
    Hahaha

You guys are incredible. Both of you guys together don't know how to sort.....He's 85th. Count again! This time try sorting

Comment

• I'm looking at FG% allowed at the rim and you guys are looking at points saved per 36......like i said before

"JV is below average for FG% allowed at the rim and average for points saved per 36"

So maybe you guys misunderstood the stats i was referring to, but I already said this in my post above lol

Comment

• He's so happy. I dunno whether to crush his spirits and tell him he's looking at the wrong goddamn column

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
          Hahaha

You guys are incredible. Both of you guys together don't know how to sort.....He's 85th. Count again! This time try sorting
          what are you sorting by? because FG% alone won't really be that useful considering how many guys are in that list who play few minutes or have few contests.

Comment

what are you sorting by? because FG% alone won't really be that useful considering how many guys are in that list who play few minutes or have few contests.
            FG% allowed at the rim......

Comment

• Jonas: 0.24 PS/36 ..... (52.2%)
              tDotted wrote: View Post
              Dwight Howard: -0.66 PS/36..... (50.1% at rim)
              Andre Drummond: -0.10 PS/36..... (52.4% at rim)
              Tyson Chandler: -0.76..... (52.6% at rim)
              Crap big men right here.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                He's so happy. I dunno whether to crush his spirits and tell him he's looking at the wrong goddamn column
                I'm not looking at the wrong column.....In this case we were both right. Lucky you!

Comment

Jonas: 0.24 PS/36 ..... (52.2%)

Crap big men right here.
                  Deflections....

Marc Gasol (46.6%) -0.15 PS/36

Wouldn't this be more comparable (similar foot speed)?
                  Last edited by special1; Sun Dec 18, 2016, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                    Deflections....

Marc Gasol (46.6%) -0.15 PS/36

Wouldn't this be more comparable (similar foot speed)?
                    All of the C's are comparable

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      The reason I asked was when Ross was really struggling a year or 2 ago and a few people were blaming Casey for Ross's issues, I jokingly posted that Casey was sapping and impurifying Ross's precious bodily fluids.

Nobody seemed to get the reference. And yeah, the movie is great.
                      Barry Lyndon is my favourite Kubrick movie. Haven't seen Dr. Strangelove in about 20 years.......

My poor memory seems to recall that Orlando is always a tough place to play for Toronto. Although, I imagine Raps will be pissed off after Friday. I'd expect a routine win.....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        Barry Lyndon is my favourite Kubrick movie. Haven't seen Dr. Strangelove in about 20 years.......

My poor memory seems to recall that Orlando is always a tough place to play for Toronto. Although, I imagine Raps will be pissed off after Friday. I'd expect a routine win.....
                        #tbt

Comment

He's so happy. I dunno whether to crush his spirits and tell him he's looking at the wrong goddamn column
                          Here's a review that talks about the nylon calculus data. Please include links. We don't have the data for this yr but like you said its probably "brutal".

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cbsspo...roid-rogers-ca

How they were last season: Jonas Valanciunas was not a very good rim protector this past season. We saw a big dip in his effectiveness from the previous season when he was allowing just 46.5 percent at the rim, and the Raptors were way more effective defensively when Bismack Biyombo was on the floor and protecting the paint. He ended up missing a bunch of games due to a thumb injury, and it's likely that lack of time on the court led to conditioning issues that left him a step slower defensively. Two seasons ago, he was saving 1.5 points per 36 minutes. Last season, he didn't even get to a quarter of a point. Was it an outlier or was it the beginning of a defensive decline for the 24-year old?
                          How they project for this season: I'm expecting a bounce back season for Valanciunas defensively. I've said this with a few guys, but it rings true with every single one. As long as he's healthy, we've seen him be a much more effective rim protector than what he was last season. The Raptors also don't have a great backup option to bring in to right the defense now that Biyombo is in Orlando. So they greatly need Valanciunas to be a defensive monster. Dwane Casey is great at devising a scheme to make it happen; he just needs his big man on the floor consistently.

Comment

the LA clippers, the 2nd best defensive team in the NBA by DRTG, are allowing a better % at the rim than we are. Anyone want to argue that they need a new defensive center?

The real difference they allow 8 fewer rim FGA per game than us. At a percentage of around 50%, that's 8 points per game.

Last season, we allowed 29.8 attempts/game at the rim, this season 34. We went from 14th best (middle of the pack) to second worst. Our percentage allowed at the rim has slipped by 1.6%. We are giving up 18.2 FGM/game at the rim. So, if we could get our attempts back down to 29.8, we'd be giving up 15.94 FGM/game at the rim, compared to 15.5 last year, for a difference of about 1 point per game.

It's about number of attempts. always has been. the best defensive teams will keep guys out of the paint, and that starts on the perimeter. We have terrible perimeter defenders -> we give up rim FGA.
                            Is this per NBA.com OPP shooting <5ft?

Comment

• 51st or 85th, etc is not solid imo. It's borderline avg to poor. I wouldnt anchor a defense around that if I wanted to be a real contender.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                51st or 85th, etc is not solid imo. It's borderline avg to poor. I wouldnt anchor a defense around that if I wanted to be a real contender.
                                Obviously it's not solid! But try pointing this out to a JV fan club member and they tell you we need to fix our all-star guards first. They just need to try harder they say. JV is doing just fine...gotta think twice before I say anything about JV around here. Then I say it anyways. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X