X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Yeah it's pretty bad lol

Comment

• So I assume that the "If only we could have kept Biyombo and got rid of JV" talk will disappear?

Strange that there are no "special" posts tonight.
      Last edited by Puffer; Sun Dec 18, 2016, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          So I assume that the "If only we could have kept Biyombo and got rid of JV" talk will disappear?

What? Biz had 8pts, 12rebs and 3 blocks. Strange timing for this post. Is it because Orlando lost? That's not because of Biz it's because they suck.

Comment

• Great win everybody.

We are deep as fuck.

Also special thanks to 007 for his service.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
              What? Biz had 8pts, 12rebs and 3 blocks. Strange timing for this post. Is it because Orlando lost? That's not because of Biz it's because they suck.
              I think what he's trying to say is that the presence of Biz isn't going to magically make us a good defensive team. Like it hasn't for Orlando.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                So I assume that the "If only we could have kept Biyombo and got rid of JV" talk will disappear?

They'll be back as soon as Jonas has a bad game.
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                  Biz could do nothing to stop JV. I missed the 1st quarter. Is that when Biz was able to dominate JV? Cause for 3 quarters I saw Biz as a non factor. And JV dominating. Did J V even play in the fourth? I think he was sitting beside DeMar for most of it.

Comment

• Tim Duncan's jersey retirement ceremony live.. http://www.nba.com/live1

Damn.

Comment

• Magic are just terrible offensively. They have Payton and Biz in the lineup which gives them no spacing whatsoever. (and a big reason why Biz can't be a reliable starter)

I'm surprised they were able to score 30 points in a Q
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• It's getting funny to listen to away announcers go on about how the Raptors' defence always looks so much better to start the second half than the first the last few games, since it is a hilariously obvious reason. Pat has been starting second halves. It's not magic or voodoo, it's just the Raptors' actual starting PF getting starters minutes.

On that note, thought Siakam looked great beside Nogueira tonight. Nice to get some run for Van Vleet, though I thought they'd give those minutes, at least beside Lowry, to Powell. Held his own though. Nice showing.

Lowry amazing, DD great once again, yada yada yada... JV was very, very good in this one. Once he got Pat beside him he got unleashed inside, all over the boards with room to operate in there and scored basically at will in the post. That's one other effect of having Siakam beside him - paint gets clogged and we see him settling (stupidly) for a lot of contested jumpers. Clear the paint and he gets aggressive, which is nice (we see a similar, though less obvious effect with DD and Pat as well).

Orlando is pretty bad, but even good teams don't smash bad teams every night. So this was a very good win. Nice to get back on track right away after that silly Hawks game.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Glad tross is getting redemption for missing that windmill. shaq cant put him on shaqtin now.. at least without showing him hitting 2 more after
                          I should say, he could very easily be on shaqtin for this latest dunk haha. Because it very clearly a double dribble.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            glad casey played FVV. he totally deserves it
                            he changed the game, not drastically, but he made an example to our team of not letting scrubby PGs getting easy lanes to the bucket

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              If you ever wondered what it looks like when a team quits... watch the Magic tonight...
                              Vogel was absolutely fuming

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                                I think what he's trying to say is that the presence of Biz isn't going to magically make us a good defensive team. Like it hasn't for Orlando.
                                Nobody said it's going to magically make us a good defensive team, and it wasn't even Biz specifically people have been advocating for but someone who can play the same type of role defensively and has similar attributes. That WOULD make us better defensively. Saying that just because Orlando isn't good defensively (however they are better than us on defense btw) isn't some sort of proof that type of player wouldn't help us.

Puffer wrote: View Post
                                Biz could do nothing to stop JV. I missed the 1st quarter. Is that when Biz was able to dominate JV? Cause for 3 quarters I saw Biz as a non factor. And JV dominating. Did J V even play in the fourth? I think he was sitting beside DeMar for most of it.
                                We're not looking for a post defender (and Biz isn't bad there anyway). We need help in rim protection and pick and roll defense. Those are what matter nowadays with almost every single top offense running some variation of spread pick and roll. Which elite post up player is there to worry about in the playoffs? None. The best one in the east is on our team, it's not something that you need great defense against.

Comment

Working...
                                X