Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Their interior D numbers are actually pretty good. Opp FG% inside 6ft is 3rd best in the league. Admittedly a good part of that is scheme dropping their bigs back.

Only team in the league allowing over 40% outside 15 ft. Seems when their porous perimeter D gets beat there is a lot of open space with the bigs down low. So yeah, a guy like DD should get a lot of uncontested jumpers.
    FG% doesn't account for their high fouling rate: 3rd highest in the league.

By points per possession defended, they're 4th worst at defending the roll man in the pick and roll, and 9th worst defending post ups. They also allow the 11th most points in the paint and the 2nd most non-restricted-area field goals.

But yes their perimeter D also sucks.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      FG% doesn't account for their high fouling rate: 3rd highest in the league.

By points per possession defended, they're 4th worst at defending the roll man in the pick and roll, and 9th worst defending post ups. They also allow the 11th most points in the paint and the 2nd most non-restricted-area field goals.

But yes their perimeter D also sucks.
      Nice points, but making defense work in team where nearly every player is physically over-matched or bad defender is doomed. Lillard and McCollum are as one-dimensional players at their positions as you can find in the league, best wing defender (Aminu) injured for more than half of the games this year (probable for tonight), and your rim protectors are Mason Plumlee, Ed Davis and Meyers Leonard, hardly surprising they also appear in Noel trade rumors.

Still we shouldn't turn it into Atlanta game and forget about defense, as they can score, also we have in recent history bad mid-season game in Moda Center.

Comment

• Toronto @ Portland Bill Kennedy (#55) Mark Ayotte (#56) JT Orr (#72)

Like Bill.... not sure who the other two mice are..
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Lillard won't play tonight

Comment

• just waiting around and i notice hawks are getting completely blown out by the lowly timberwolves. hilarious!!!

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
              just waiting around and i notice hawks are getting completely blown out by the lowly timberwolves. hilarious!!!
              Might temper the humour a bit- the Timberpuppies have a history of blowing leads in the 2nd half, although blowing a 24 point lead in the fourth would be a challenge

Comment

• damn. line went from -7.5 raps to -8.5 just the last few minutes

Comment

• 2 terrible calls to start the game, no surprise.

Comment

• Nobody guards siakim at all. Play Patterson over him wtf

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Anytime Pascal is on the court his man leaves him and doubles demar. Why is Casey making is even harder for DD to score

Comment

• It's almost as if it was Christmas yesterday
                        OG is our king

Comment

• this is a pretty poor start...
                          ball handling is pretty suspect right now...

and that air ball by aminu was a miss by 6 feet ... and devlin said it came up short.... no shit matt..

matt and leo busy plugging leos kid... then they will plug a free lunch spot.... and then continue on talking about something other than the game in front of them....
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Dec 26, 2016, 11:25 PM.
                          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                          - TGO

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
                            It's almost as if it was Christmas yesterday
                            Yeah too much eggnog

Comment

• McCollum getting to many open shots.

Comment

• Missing open shot after open shot lol