Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    Lillard sitting there probably thinking "I can win us this game"
    They wouldn't be playing that kind of D with him in the game

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      Yea, but he can't rebound for shit.
      Now that I agreed with. JV is a much much much better rebounder
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Toooooo muuuuchhhh tuurkeyyyyyyy

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Toooooo muuuuchhhh tuurkeyyyyyyy
          And Eggnog

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
            to be fair, hes been killing it in my fantasy league
            ok so back to plumlee. finished with 13 points, 15 rebounds, 4 assists. the guy is averaging 4.3 assists this season.

hes a pretty average defender (in terms of rim protection, last year he allowed 52.9% fg at the rim. in comparison, JV allowed 52.2%. barely any difference) but is WAY BETTER at playmaking than JV will ever be.

plumlee finishes really well at the rim (actually better than JV at 0-3 feet) and has much better court vision than JV does. plumlees slightly older, but also has less NBA experience than JV does, entering the league a year after JV.

rebounding? JV has the slight advantage this season, but both are career-wise rebounding around 10-11 per 36.

call me fucking crazy but i think i'd rather have mason plumlee than JV right now.
            Last edited by iblastoff; Tue Dec 27, 2016, 02:50 AM.

Comment

ok so back to plumlee. finished with 13 points, 15 rebounds, 4 assists. the guy is averaging 4.3 assists this season.

hes a pretty average defender (in terms of rim protection, last year he allowed 52.9% fg at the rim. in comparison, JV allowed 52.2%. barely any difference) but is WAY BETTER at playmaking than JV will ever be.

plumlee finishes really well at the rim (actually better than JV at 0-3 feet) and has much better court vision than JV does. plumlees slightly older, but also has less NBA experience than JV does, entering the league a year after JV.

rebounding? JV has the slight advantage this season, but both are career-wise rebounding around 10-11 per 36.

call me fucking crazy but i think i'd rather have mason plumlee than JV right now.
              You're crazy.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Road win after Christmas? I'll take it. The Siakam starting lineup seems to be on its last legs. Really like the Norm + PP with the starters closing lineup, they killed it when they were out there, though they went away from it (sitting JV for BeBe for some reason, presumably defence, though you wouldn't know it from the layups and open jumpers POR got at the end) to actually close the game and almost crapped the game away.

Fun dunk by Ross.

I'll take it. Two road wins out of two. Can't complain, no matter the PG competition.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You're a little crazy... I don't know if this is a totally fair comparison.

Let's break it down a little more.

Plumlee gets 58% more frontcourt touches, 3 times as many elbow touches, and 53% more passes received.

The Blazers make a conscious effort to run the ball through Plumlee out of the high post. Before he came to the Blazers, on Brooklyn, Plumlee's assist % was 7.4% over two years (and has jumped to 23.8% this year). JV as a skinny rookie was 5.0% and has fallen to 4.3%.

Yes Plumlee has better court vision, but that tripling in his assist rate is the product of a conscious effort to use him.

And you can't take into account a progression in Plumlee's passing over his career without acknowledging the same progression in JV's rebounding. JV went from 14.9% TRB% to 20.2% this year, which is significantly better than Plumlee's 14.5%. Of the 43 players with 200 rebounds this season, Jonas is 8th and Plumlee is 27th in TRB%.

Finishing in the pick and roll, Jonas is 80th percentile as the roll man, Plumlee is 28th.
                  Post-ups, Jonas is 80th percentile, Plumlee is 8th percentile.

They're both pretty bad in terms of DRPM, but the difference is negligible.

Jonas is a full two years younger... Plumlee had the benefit of four seasons at Duke.

I know there's a lot of discontent over Jonas these days but I really think it's more about situation and the build of our team than anything else. He's a better player than Plumlee.

Comment

Comment

• Jv isn't really that much better than plumlee overall. He is way better than him at certain things though, rebounding and post and pick and roll scoring being the main ones

Comment

• Many Blazers fans dislike plumlee and want to give him away. Defense is the main reason iirc.

I'm old school and this is not popular to say but if Ross hurt himself trying a 360 then I'd bench him next game anyway. It's 2 points and health down the stretch counts. If the floor is wet or he landed on the defenders foot, etc could have been more serious. I know the fans love it but the coach and the team is about winning. That's a different version of bad Ross to me and I'd rather Powell play as Mr serious if that's the case.

Comment

• I only saw parts of the game on my phone.

How did vonleh and Crabbe look? Thx

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            I only saw parts of the game on my phone.

Who?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              I only saw parts of the game on my phone.

Vonleh got pretty nice game, active on boards, but still that trade for Batum turned out awful for Portalnd, only one more year and Vonleh will probably be out of the league.

Crabbe played most minutes on Blazers team, but was non-factor.

Raptors won, but somehow got negative net rating in this game. Any explanation? Maybe bkref ratings are correct one after all.

Comment

• That was a pretty hard game to watch.. those games after Xmas always hurt the eyeballs. Hope Ross is fine, but if he hurt his wrist on that dunk that's just beyond stupid.

8-2 in their last 10. This team is crazy good.

Comment

Working...
                                X