Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    This is a looooooong road trip. Resting Lowry and DeRozan is the right thing to do in this game. They have absolutely no chance of winning this game.
    DD and KL will rest the 4th when we're up by 30.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Meh.

Sometimes the Spurs rest their top guys even against top teams. Who can forget them resting their big guns on a nationally televised game against the Miami Lebrons?

Not saying the Raps should, but you don't win anything in December. If they were going to take such an approach, this wouldn't be a bad game to do it.
      Not comparable. As KeonClark points out, there's a significant difference between a three or four time championship team playing games with the schedule and the current Raps. You sit Lowry and Demar (or even one of them) it's a message from management to every player that ownership, management and the coaching staff don't believe their players are good enough to beat GSW. I can't imagine a worse message to send to your team heading into a big game with 2/3 of the season left.

It would be different if it's March/April and Toronto is playing out the string and trying to get guys some rest heading into the playoffs (they did it last year in SA) but the circumstances here are way different and, recall, they already beat SAS last year prior to running out the bench in Texas, so they had nothing to prove at that point.

Comment

• This would be a huge W

Comment

• Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Merry Christmas to us!
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Merry Christmas to us!
              Mate, Christmas is still far away. 362 days to go.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                Mate, Christmas is still far away. 362 days to go.

Comment

• line is set -9.5 for GSW. might be a good bet on raps, seeing as raptors have yet to lose a single game in double digits. hmmm!!

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    There's an app that will let you know when we have a winnable game so you can resume being interested. It's called Bandwag, just look for the little white flag.
                    Except i don't watch Warriors game. If you're interested in watching blowout games then go ahead.

Thanks for the info btw.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• This is a long road trip. I don't want to hear any complaints when the Raps and their top players play like a tired team tomorrow vs the Suns(a very winnable game). Or the game against the Lakers, Spurs, Jazz...

The right thing to do is rest their top players tonight. And it's not like their the first team to rest their top players against the Warriors.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Not that I support the idea, but it's far from lunacy; http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...s-vs-warriors/

Comment

• I'm taking Raptors +8.5 spread.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            I'm taking Raptors +8.5 spread.
                            Roc you're my spirit animal

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                              Not that I support the idea, but it's far from lunacy; http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...s-vs-warriors/
                              Phoenix is on a b2b too..I don't think it really increases or decreases your chance by sitting guys. And even if they did go 0 and 2, so what? Theyve built up a nice cusion both in season and in road trip thatd itd be tolerable. At least they'll know what to work on instead of having useless game film from golden state of kyle and demar sitting in nice clothes.

Plus, a lot of.people are home from work this week and can stay up late..team Canada junior hockey has an off day..no nfl..this a great chance to bring your best and continue growing basketball up here

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                This is a long road trip. I don't want to hear any complaints when the Raps and their top players play like a tired team tomorrow vs the Suns(a very winnable game). Or the game against the Lakers, Spurs, Jazz...

The right thing to do is rest their top players tonight. And it's not like their the first team to rest their top players against the Warriors.
                                What? You rest the top players against shit teams like the Suns or Lakers, not against the tough opponents.

Comment

Working...
                                X