No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both Kyle and Demar played well. Kyle is definitely more valuable to this team and I think that shouldn't even be up for debate anymore. We see it every game when he goes to the bench. When Demar goes to the bench it's no where as bad. Sometimes it's better, less so this season though. But let's not make this a Kyle vs Demar thing. They both played well and both had a couple boneheaded plays. And that's what still keeps us a notch below Cleveland. They made a comeback too on the Christmas Day game but they were able to pull it out because they play smarter and play better defense. We still play stupidly down the stretch against elite teams
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I've been saying it going on two years now, that this would happen. I'm just worried something like this will hurt his stock. I really dont see a long term future between the Raptors and JV.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      I'm becoming more worried that we're going to be stuck with him like the Bucks are with Monroe. More and more teams are realizing you don't need a C that can create in the post as much as you need one that can defend the post AND perimeter.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        Well if you ignore Curry beating him head to head and winning a ring, sure.
        They didn't face off the year the Warriors won and beating them last year doesn't matter when you blow 3-1 lead in the NBA FINALS. Way more tragic than blowing a 3-1 in the western conference finals

Comment

• Jv isn't playing for the wrong team. Can someone tell me which top team in the league runs an low post offense, low mobility, mediocre defence big at centre in crunch time?

JV makes more sense as a 6th man like what kanter does for okc.

Comment

• Atothe wrote: View Post
            They didn't face off the year the Warriors won and beating them last year doesn't matter when you blow 3-1 lead in the NBA FINALS. Way more tragic than blowing a 3-1 in the western conference finals
            Nonetheless, one guy is a champion AND won the head to head match up...

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
              I'm becoming more worried that we're going to be stuck with him like the Bucks are with Monroe. More and more teams are realizing you don't need a C that can create in the post as much as you need one that can defend the post AND perimeter.
              Because it doesn't make sense to base your offense around the low post when spread pick and roll is a much better form of offense. As evidenced by the three teams that spam it the most: us, golden state and the rockets having the top offences. The only time it makes sense to give centres crazy high usage is with cousins and towns who can also take guys off the dribble, shoot pull up jumpers and knockdown threes.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                Because it doesn't make sense to base your offense around the low post when spread pick and roll is a much better form of offense. As evidenced by the three teams that spam it the most: us, golden state and the rockets having the top offences. The only time it makes sense to give centres crazy high usage is with cousins and towns who can also take guys off the dribble, shoot pull up jumpers and knockdown threes.
                Agreed, I would add Embiid and possibly AD to that if you consider him a big man too (I know some say that's only the C)

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                  As long as Lowry and DeRozen are on the team, no 5s will get the ball. Jonas is really playing for the wrong team. Getting a smart & athletic 5 would fit our team at this current era for the Raps
                  mason plumlee

Comment

• David lee was a similar player to Jonas and Kerr phased him almost completely out of the Warriors rotation.

Comment

• LOL

DeRozan didn't blow anything. That game was over in the 1st. DeRozan was good(29-5-6), Lowry was better(27-6-11). They didn't get any help from the "others" besides Ross. JV was shit, Carroll was shit, Joseph was shit.

I don't really talk about JV anymore. He is what he is. But my god Joseph and Carroll. Joseph has turned into a poor man's Lou Williams. Dude is absolutely brutal to watch. Carroll is even worse. No defence, no offence. 3rd highest paid player on the team.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jv is not the problem any more than siakam patterson being our 4s, or carroll getting major minutes. We just need a 3rd star that can D up at one of those 3 positions.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                          Jv isn't playing for the wrong team. Can someone tell me which top team in the league runs an low post offense, low mobility, mediocre defence big at centre in crunch time?

JV makes more sense as a 6th man like what kanter does for okc.
                          wait a minute, but didnt people want MORE JV in the 4th quarter for the past several years?

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            mason plumlee
                            I would consider it if we could get a third team involved and get another asset. Maybe Plumlee & Noel to the raps, JV to the blazers & Crabbe to the 76ers.

Comment

• Rarely criticize Casey but this Siakim starting shit has got to stop. Not blaming only Siakim for the cold starts, the starters as a group just seem disjointed more often than not when he plays, Start Patterson and play more small ball, which will give the added benefit of getting Norm some extra minutes.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                LOL

DeRozan didn't blow anything. That game was over in the 1st. DeRozan was good(29-5-6), Lowry was better(27-6-11). They didn't get any help from the "others" besides Ross. JV was shit, Carroll was shit, Joseph was shit.

I don't really talk about JV anymore. He is what he is. But my god Joseph and Carroll. Joseph has turned into a poor man's Lou Williams. Dude is absolutely brutal to watch. Carroll is even worse. No defence, no offence. 3rd highest paid player on the team.
                                Been saying I think we should try to groom Powell into Joseph's role. You might take a hit in offensive efficiency but he'd basically always share a backcourt with Lowry or Demar anyway so it's not like he has sole responsibilities as a playmaker. Defensively he'd be much better than Joseph

Comment

Working...
                                X