No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doesn't matter how historic your offense is. Your not going to out score CAVS and GSW. Your also not going to stop them with JV anchoring your D. 5 games against last years finals contenders. Masai has some decisions to make.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Rarely criticize Casey but this Siakim starting shit has got to stop. Not blaming only Siakim for the cold starts, the starters as a group just seem disjointed more often than not when he plays, Start Patterson and play more small ball, which will give the added benefit of getting Norm some extra minutes.
      don't worry. casey will start patterson in the middle of the playoffs again.

but yeah, the siakim start that looked decent just weeks before has turned into utter trash.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
        wait a minute, but didnt people want MORE JV in the 4th quarter for the past several years?
        Hahaha yup! But I was never one of those because I know we don't use him to punish the other team so why they hell would be play him to just get torched. If Casey actually used him THEN I would have been down for that but it was never the case.
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
          Been saying I think we should try to groom Powell into Joseph's role. You might take a hit in offensive efficiency but he'd basically always share a backcourt with Lowry or Demar anyway so it's not like he has sole responsibilities as a playmaker. Defensively he'd be much better than Joseph
          I dont think you would take a hit offensively. Powell can shoot and draw fouls infinitely better than cojo.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
            I would consider it if we could get a third team involved and get another asset. Maybe Plumlee & Noel to the raps, JV to the blazers & Crabbe to the 76ers.
            Blazers aren't giving up Plumlee and Crabbe for JV.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

don't worry. casey will start patterson in the middle of the playoffs again.

but yeah, the siakim start that looked decent just weeks before has turned into utter trash.
              Yea because teams have figured him out. Which is no shock to anyone. I hope when Jared comes back we start Patterson and have Jared come offf the bench
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

wait a minute, but didnt people want MORE JV in the 4th quarter for the past several years?
                Sure people might want it but against certain teams it makes no sense. He's a defensive liability when teams go small or have bigs that can stretch the floor. Even when they don't he's not useful as a hedger which is a problem when defending pick and rolls initiated by elite shooters like curry and kd in the centre of the floor. You can't fucking ice that. That's why someone like tt is huge for Cleveland btw.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I dont think you would take a hit offensively. Powell can shoot and draw fouls infinitely better than cojo.
                  I said might. I've proposed Powell as pg in his thread but it was met with tons of opposition.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Blazers aren't giving up Plumlee and Crabbe for JV.
                    Hopefully they really like Lithuanian players after Sabonis.

But I don't think its out of the question Plumlee is already 26 and is not going to get much better and that crabbe contract looks pretty terrible for a backup wing. They are also struggling and may be desperate plus JV still has All-star potential if he's on a team with a system that fits him which ours clearly isn't.

Comment

Sure people might want it but against certain teams it makes no sense. He's a defensive liability when teams go small or have bigs that can stretch the floor. Even when they don't he's not useful as a hedger which is a problem when defending pick and rolls initiated by elite shooters like curry and kd in the centre of the floor. You can't fucking ice that. That's why someone like tt is huge for Cleveland btw.
                      So very true. Patterson at the five has looked good when teams go really small or have elite shooters. We might have to use that more. Cause Bebe isn't good at hedging and stuff either. Better than JV but still not good enough.

Comment

Just like people wanted Casey fired.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

yes im well aware of JV's faults. its just funny that all of a sudden, the narrative of playing more JV in the 4th has literally vanished within the first 25 games of this season, when it was the running critique against casey for the past several seasons.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                            Hopefully they really like Lithuanian players after Sabonis.

But I don't think its out of the question Plumlee is already 26 and is not going to get much better and that crabbe contract looks pretty terrible for a backup wing. They are also struggling and may be desperate plus JV still has All-star potential if he's on a team with a system that fits him which ours clearly isn't.
                            Both plums and nerls are due money next yr. Neither great at pf. Philly fans not crazy about Crabbe contract and want a pick. Blazers really need defense. If Philly took Crabbe then they'd just send noel to blazers anyway.

Comment

yes im well aware of JV's faults. its just funny that all of a sudden, the narrative of playing more JV in the 4th has literally vanished within the first 25 games of this season, when it was the running critique against casey for the past several seasons.
                              Because JV has looked worse for some reason. Maybe it's the injury or the haircut.. I dunno. But when people were complaining, he was putting up 15 & 10 in ridiculously limited minutes.

Oh and everyone else has taken a big leap forward. So there's that

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                Both plums and nerls are due money next yr. Neither great at pf. Philly fans not crazy about Crabbe contract and want a pick. Blazers really need defense. If Philly took Crabbe then they'd just send noel to blazers anyway.
                                Ya the blazers would probably say no to that trade but I would really like to trade for Noel if we do decide to trade JV. Always liked Noel and I think he would be the perfect 5 for this team and could develop into a defensive star.

Comment

Working...
                                X