Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    Good point. I'm not mad we lost because this team is so ridiculously good it's almost unfair. I just wish we would stop getting down by 20 against elite teams. But as you said, and you are right, the starting lineup is normally the culprit for that. I can't wait until Jared comes back just so it means no more Pascal. That's literally the only reason why I'm not panicking about this terrible starting lineup. Unfortunately we will probably see a lot of Pascal tonight with Carroll most likely not playing, meaning we have no one who can play the four other than Pascal and Patterson.
    It's a little more than the starting lineup. GSW shot 57% and 61% from 3pt range. That isn't Pascal Siakam's fault cause he played 4 minutes. Yes, he should not be starting but the idea that but for the start this game was close is nonsense. GSW pushed the lead anytime they felt the need to and Toronto couldn't stop them. Patterson should be starting but he isn't the panacea against the Lebrons/Warriors against which teams he's been completely unproductive this season other than one okay game.

Without a third star, Raps need their complimentary players to be productive against elite teams and none of Joseph, Patterson, Carroll or JV answered the bell last night. Kudos to Ross, though, who is now actually showing up in important games for the first time in his career. That bodes well for the playoffs....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      It's a little more than the starting lineup. GSW shot 57% and 61% from 3pt range. That isn't Pascal Siakam's fault cause he played 4 minutes. Yes, he should not be starting but the idea that but for the start this game was close is nonsense. GSW pushed the lead anytime they felt the need to and Toronto couldn't stop them. Patterson should be starting but he isn't the panacea against the Lebrons/Warriors against which teams he's been completely unproductive this season other than one okay game.

Without a third star, Raps need their complimentary players to be productive against elite teams and none of Joseph, Patterson, Carroll or JV answered the bell last night. Kudos to Ross, though, who is now actually showing up in important games for the first time in his career. That bodes well for the playoffs....
      Ross was absolutely fantastic. Everybody sees the made 3s, but I'm talking about the body language, the defense, the hustle..it absolutely bodes well because he is the type of player that can win a game or 2 in the playoffs when Derozan is smothered or slumping. He's still maddeningly inconsistent but that's what you get from an 11 million dollar reserve in todays game, but when he's on, he's game changing good.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• So I'm guessing every raptors fan is on board to trade JV?
        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
          So I'm guessing every raptors fan is on board to trade JV?
          I'm on board to trade anybody taller than 6 feet if it means improving. That's right, Lowry and Van Vleet are untouchable
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

i'd trade anyone on this team if i thought it would make us better in the long term.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I'm on board to trade anybody taller than 6 feet if it means improving. That's right, Lowry and Van Vleet are untouchable
              This actually made me laugh because I thought Van Vleet was over 6.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Ross was absolutely fantastic. Everybody sees the made 3s, but I'm talking about the body language, the defense, the hustle..it absolutely bodes well because he is the type of player that can win a game or 2 in the playoffs when Derozan is smothered or slumping. He's still maddeningly inconsistent but that's what you get from an 11 million dollar reserve in todays game, but when he's on, he's game changing good.
                I loved Ross in this game, perhaps the best Raptor on both ends of the court. Active, engaged, intensity - then the shots start falling. Really couldn't ask for more from him.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• When the Warriors are on, they are unstoppable. They pull defenders out to the perimeter on every possession in multiple directions and then beat you with simple cuts to the hoop and good passes. They got sloppy with their passes at times and that helped make the game more respectable but I don't think this one was ever in doubt. Watching the off ball gravity on our possessions vs theirs and it's night and day. They can collapse on us in ways that we cannot. Durant's defence looks more engaged this year now that he doesn't need to create so much on offence.

I cannot see a way to beat that team 4 times in a seven game series.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Send Sean Avery out to pester steph and kd into 5 minute majors for fighting.... Oh right wrong sport.

Comment

For what? Every Raptors fan has always been on board for that, it's just a matter of what is considered an acceptable return.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                        It's hard to discern any use for jv in these games
                        I've historically been a big fan of JV's game and emerging offensive repertoire. But he was very frustrating last night. On the boards and defensively. It looks like he's trying to get the boards but doesn't seem tonne the determination to just get the damn board. He looked like a lumbering buffoon out there last night. One of the reasons I think e gets a bad whistle. Has the body language of a lanky 17 year old.

Very frustrating. Also frustrating is that the raps seems to have gotten in to the bad habit of hero ball at times. Their offence has looked very good for much of the year. But they go on a great run, then revert. Can work against Portland without Lillard not against GS. Better get consistent if want to do anything other than go out in the conference finals in 4 or 5.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                          Because it doesn't make sense to base your offense around the low post when spread pick and roll is a much better form of offense. As evidenced by the three teams that spam it the most: us, golden state and the rockets having the top offences. The only time it makes sense to give centres crazy high usage is with cousins and towns who can also take guys off the dribble, shoot pull up jumpers and knockdown threes.
                          These things tend to go in cycles. Guard league. Big man league. I will say the rules regarding flagrants and having little people more inclined to sky in to the lane has adjusted things. And perhaps the focus on analytics and 3 point shooting. But I'd be willing to place a long term bet that the league will be considered a big man league again in the future.

Comment

• Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                              These things tend to go in cycles. Guard league. Big man league. I will say the rules regarding flagrants and having little people more inclined to sky in to the lane has adjusted things. And perhaps the focus on analytics and 3 point shooting. But I'd be willing to place a long term bet that the league will be considered a big man league again in the future.
                              I agree. 5 position is undergoing a revolution. It's only a matter of time until we'll see more KAT-type, Porzingis players in the league.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                                No we don't. We're one of the best road teams. We suck against elite teams.
                                If that includes ONLY GS, Cavs & SA (OK & Sac) then yes. If we add Hou, Boston, Charlotte, NY, Memphis, Clippers...Then I'd say we are good.

Comment

Working...
                                X