Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapko wrote: View Post
    If that includes ONLY GS, Cavs & SA (OK & Sac) then yes. If we add Hou, Boston, Charlotte, NY, Memphis, Clippers...Then I'd say we are good.
    You don't add Boston, and you certainly don't add Charlotte and new York. Those are middle of the packers
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
      I've historically been a big fan of JV's game and emerging offensive repertoire. But he was very frustrating last night. On the boards and defensively. It looks like he's trying to get the boards but doesn't seem tonne the determination to just get the damn board. He looked like a lumbering buffoon out there last night. One of the reasons I think e gets a bad whistle. Has the body language of a lanky 17 year old.

Very frustrating. Also frustrating is that the raps seems to have gotten in to the bad habit of hero ball at times. Their offence has looked very good for much of the year. But they go on a great run, then revert. Can work against Portland without Lillard not against GS. Better get consistent if want to do anything other than go out in the conference finals in 4 or 5.
      JV has been doing 2 things way too much lately.
      1) he makes the first stop just being massive and standing there with his arms straight up, but then after that stop he keeps his arms straight up and lumbers around, in the meantime theres a loose ball or somebody is going around "giant obstacle" with ease like he's almost done with the play. No idea what that's about
      2- his offensive rebounding these days seems to consist of tip, tap, tip tap tip on the putback instead of grabbing it with force and Controlling it. More often than not it seems to not work. I could understand this method against big superior rebounders, but he was doing it against draymond green. Great for padding rebounding stats, terrible for making efficient put backs

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Seems to be a lot of negativity here after this one. I didn't see so much to be upset about. The Warriors are insanely good, and barring Casey spotting them 15 points in 4 minutes with that starting lineup, this one is even closer than it turned out to be. The Warriors came out like a barn on fire, and I thought there was very little the Raps could have done defensively to change that, but it was made worse by some defensive breakdowns and some terribly run offence, year long symptoms of our incorrect starting lineup.

I thought it was a good fight by the team to get back in it at various points. They took advantage when the GSW stars were sitting and made their run, and fought well at the end with the small ball lineup, which failed for the only reason it ever seems to fail - they couldn't box out to save their lives. Had a hard time scoring against GSW switching everything too.

It's one game of 82, against the most ridiculous team ever assembled, and the Raps don't have to worry about these guys again unless they get to the Finals.
        Agreed.
        BTW, Who shoots 75%? During an all star 3 pt shooting, that would be enough. Some shots they made were just ridiculous.
        And as you indicated, we still made it a game. Little more rebounding & ????Who knows?

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
          I've historically been a big fan of JV's game and emerging offensive repertoire. But he was very frustrating last night. On the boards and defensively. It looks like he's trying to get the boards but doesn't seem tonne the determination to just get the damn board. He looked like a lumbering buffoon out there last night. One of the reasons I think e gets a bad whistle. Has the body language of a lanky 17 year old.

Very frustrating. Also frustrating is that the raps seems to have gotten in to the bad habit of hero ball at times. Their offence has looked very good for much of the year. But they go on a great run, then revert. Can work against Portland without Lillard not against GS. Better get consistent if want to do anything other than go out in the conference finals in 4 or 5.
          ian fucking clark has the same amount of rebounds as our starting center last night. thats just a little sad.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            You don't add Boston, and you certainly don't add Charlotte and new York. Those are middle of the packers
            Why not Bos & Charlotte (Nos 3 & 4 in East)? All those teams are playoff teams. A lot of "BBall experts" picked Bos to finish ahead of us.
            We can add OKC & Utah (Nos 5 & 6 in the West).
            Heck, take out Cavs & Sac & we only lost 4 games to other 15 playoff teams.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              JV has been doing 2 things way too much lately.
              1) he makes the first stop just being massive and standing there with his arms straight up, but then after that stop he keeps his arms straight up and lumbers around, in the meantime theres a loose ball or somebody is going around "giant obstacle" with ease like he's almost done with the play. No idea what that's about
              2- his offensive rebounding these days seems to consist of tip, tap, tip tap tip on the putback instead of grabbing it with force and Controlling it. More often than not it seems to not work. I could understand this method against big superior rebounders, but he was doing it against draymond green. Great for padding rebounding stats, terrible for making efficient put backs
              Agreed that both. Like he's doing the bare minimum. Where is the beast mode JV we saw against Indiana. Hopefully it's just health.

I really like JV. But given commitment to DD who has improved yet again in fairness, and what I sincerely hope will be a further (pay him whatever he wants) commitment to Kyle, JV could be the odd man out with how we want to play. I happen to think he, particularly given a very reasonable contract, has a lot of value in the league. It might be the only way we can materially add to the team's ability to challenge by adding a player that more suits our guard dominant offence. We have small incremental improvements, like DD improvement, Ross, health maybe, added depth, but is it enough?

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                ian fucking clark has the same amount of rebounds as our starting center last night. thats just a little sad.
                The Warriors didn't miss a whole lot last night. JV grabbed a third of all available defensive rebounds, well above his average rate. He only grabbed 10% of available offensive boards, you'd like more like 15%, but not exactly a terrible rebounding performance.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

For what? Every Raptors fan has always been on board for that, it's just a matter of what is considered an acceptable return.
                  Looking at other rosters, JV straight up wouldn't have much value around the league.

Comment

The Warriors didn't miss a whole lot last night. JV grabbed a third of all available defensive rebounds, well above his average rate. He only grabbed 10% of available offensive boards, you'd like more like 15%, but not exactly a terrible rebounding performance.
                    JV was pretty horrible in every facet of the game last night there's no way around it. Granted so was cojo, and as far as shot making, patterson. These 3 are obviously key to us beating better teams

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Did you say DD was better defensively back in '14?
                      Are you looking at drpm? He's better there, true. It's a wash of bad generally and that's a problem to pair jv in heavy mins.

Comment

• I thought jv was injured?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                          Are you looking at drpm? He's better there, true. It's a wash of bad generally and that's a problem to pair jv in heavy mins.
                          I'm not looking at any stats... Casey said they had to hide DeRozan until this season. He still got a long way to go to fix his shortcomings, but he's much much better than 2014 DeMar. That gap between his defence and offence is closing.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            I thought jv was injured?
                            Yup. Just look at his hair. A freaking concussion.

Comment

• You actually can play a center against Golden State they just need to be relentless on both ends with the things that their size gives them an advantage in. Also need the mobility to be able to guard/help against their small-ball lineups. Steven Adams kind of set a blueprint for that in the WCF and also Tristan Thompson to an extent the past couple years but he's not really a true center.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                I'm not looking at any stats... Casey said they had to hide DeRozan until this season. He still got a long way to go to fix his shortcomings, but he's much much better than 2014 DeMar. That gap between his defence and offence is closing.
                                Actually the gap could be larger because of how much better is offence is from then.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X