Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    Hey coach.... bottom line is that he played less minutes than either of those guys.

That's just sad. Don't kill the messenger. Unlike you, I'm not going to ignore reality.
    Siakam starts over Pat, Scola started all of last season, Salmons played way too many minutes, everyone knows Casey doesn't make the right choices.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      oh, is that all? you do realize you're describing essentially an elite C right?
      Not really, I'm describing an athletic C that understands defence. An elite C would be someone like KAT, Gasol or Embiid that can not only defend but damn near do everything offensively. But good try with the condescending crap.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        Yeah coach made an idiotic decision. What's new? Chandler was murdering Siakam/Bebe on the glass when the Raps were trying to make a run and Casey decides to sit JV. What's JV supposed to do about that? The "reality" is he should've been on the floor.. and wasn't.
        he's supposed to sit harder obviously.

anyways it doesn't really matter because i'm sure we would have just jacked up the same bad shots on offence anyways, leading to runouts, so in that regard it's probably better that siakam played anyway since he might have a chance to get back.

Comment

• "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            Not really, I'm describing an athletic C that understands defence. An elite C would be someone like KAT, Gasol or Embiid that can not only defend but damn near do everything offensively. But good try with the condescending crap.
            Maybe you should try watching other teams. KAT is horrendous on defense

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Time to say Bye Bye to JV people ...

Comment

KAT is not a good defender. Gasol cannot defend the perimeter and isn't a great rebounder.

A center that is a great interior and perimeter defender while still rebounding at a high rate and not being a total liability on offence? that's elite in my book.

Comment

A big man that defends in the post/the perimeter, rebounds, and is athletic enough to be catching alleyoops is elite.. that's not an everyday average Joe center lol. Only one is maybe DeAndre? Dwight before the back injuries? Seriously, that's a hard combination to have on the defensive end.

KHD wrote: View Post
                  he's supposed to sit harder obviously.

anyways it doesn't really matter because i'm sure we would have just jacked up the same bad shots on offence anyways, leading to runouts, so in that regard it's probably better that siakam played anyway since he might have a chance to get back.
                  Siakam really hurts the offense though. Negative on both sides really.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                    Time to say Bye Bye to JV people ...
                    Good, he needs a fresh start. Hate to see talent wasted away like that.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Maybe you should try watching other teams. KAT is horrendous on defense

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                      Ok omit his name then, if you like...he's still elite offensively and I'm sure not a single person would consider him anything less than an elite big man. The point is KHD tried to exaggerate things by saying I was asking for an "elite C"....when actuality a player like Biz would very easily fit the bill of an "athletic C that can guard perimeter and post" and he is far from being an "elite C"....so the attitude was just uncalled for.

Comment

• Didn't see this earlier, but Bebe has one rebound.

ONE REBOUND IN 21 MINS! We better get a good rebounder back with the JV trade.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

A big man that defends in the post/the perimeter, rebounds, and is athletic enough to be catching alleyoops is elite.. that's not an everyday average Joe center lol. Only one is maybe DeAndre? Dwight before the back injuries? Seriously, that's a hard combination to have on the defensive end.
                          I didn't say he has to jump out the building and posterize guys lol being athletic and catch (not fly down on someone's head etc) Biz can do those things...

Do you consider Biz an elite C??? I don't....heck throw Noel into that too if you like.
                          Last edited by JamesNaismith; Fri Dec 30, 2016, 01:06 AM.

Comment

I didn't say he has to jump out the building and posterize guys lol being athletic and catch (not fly down on someone's head etc) Biz can do those things...

Do you consider Biz an elite C??? I don't....heck throw Noel into that too if you like.
                            Biz switched on to LeBron successfully in one or two games and people think he can defend out there consistently? Lawd

Noel is not a strong post defender from what I've heard.

Comment

Biz can do those things...

Do you consider Biz an elite C??? I don't.
                              biyombo doesn't actually defend the post that well due to a lack of size, and his perimeter defence is hugely overstated. I mean, no center is actually defending on the perimeter very well, that's just not what they're there for. his help defence is top notch though.

on offence, yeah he's athletic enough to catch lobs but he's got stone hands and is so poor offensively that the whole team offence falls apart when you start him.

so, no, he's not an elite center.

Comment

Biz switched on to LeBron successfully in one or two games and people think he can defend out there consistently? Lawd

Noel is not a strong post defender from what I've heard.
                                Oh he couldn't stop a bum like LeBron...there's a good arguement to prove he can't defend perimeter lol

Comment

Working...
                                X