Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    10 rebounds in 19 minutes. Nogueira and Siakam grabbed 6 TOTAL in 44 minutes on the floor.

He's the best big on this team, just drop this fit bullshit.
    If you don't count 2pat as a big, which I'd argue is fair he's the best big. That's also largely unimportant as the competition isn't exactly stiff. Two rookies and a Raw centre who is basically a rookie in experience

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Was Poeltl dressed? Surprised he didn't get a few minutes. Either way.. this was a bad loss, and as I predicted it was going to be a bad shooting night. If the Raptors didn't hit their free throws, Phoenix would have ran away with this one.

Oh well.. on to the next..
      Yeah I was surprised he didn't get burn especially with Patterson leaving. We lacked energy out there to make up for the bad shooting. Poeltl would have been able to bring that at least. Poeltl and Powell should have both gotten big minutes after Patterson went down. P&P Energy Factory

One possession early in the game convinced me we weren't going to have a good game. Demar gets trapped on the baseline and turns it over, the Suns attack with JV, Ross and Patterson back. They get the stop and the long rebound goes to the Suns because Demar and Kyle were the last two players (on either team) to get back down the court. If you don't have enough energy to try then you aren't going to be successful. The team needed the leaders to show them how to fight through the fatigue and they didn't.

You can blame it on the schedule but I put this down as a leadership loss.

But once again, JV looks like the scapegoat to many. Please rewatch the playoffs before advocating selling off the talented big.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Jonas four or five great games in the playoffs are becoming the same legend as 13 game bargs

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
          Jonas four or five great games in the playoffs are becoming the same legend as 13 game bargs
          Not remotely. He legit carried this team when they needed it the most.

If this team flamed out in the first round again, think Masai brings everyone back again?
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• LeBron had 8 TOs last night

Comment

• Hopefully myles turner stays a rookie forever, Whiteside has broken ankles, Cavs bring back mozgov as a starter, horford tears his boob again, Dwight retires, kemba runs backwards, jv vs Drummond gm 1 shows up and not JV vs henson shooting fadeaways against a stick. Haven't seen Noah or rolo matchups yet.

Comment

• Well they lost a game to a pretty shitty club last night... it happens.
                Lots of talk on the JV front but the biggest outcome of this game is that Ppat is dinged up more than anyone might have guessed.
                If he goes down for an extended period of time ( 2 or more weeks) this is going to be really really tough to overcome while he recovers from whatever is ailing him. Right now reports indicate a knee problem.
                Should get some indicators of what it is.. if anything.. today.... like that about the NBA.... as opposed to the NHL who would say something along the lines that Jimmy Hoffa is indefinite or day to day
                Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Dec 30, 2016, 11:01 AM.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  Well they lost a game to a pretty shitty club last night... it happens.
                  Lots of talk on the JV front but the biggest outcome of this game is that Ppat is dinged up more than anyone might have guessed.
                  If he goes down for an extended period of time ( 2 or more weeks) this is going to be really really tough to overcome while he recovers from whatever is ailing him. Right now reports indicate a knee problem.
                  Should get some indicators of what it is.. if anything.. today.... like that about the NBA.... as opposed to the NHL who would say something along the lines that Jimmy Hoffa is indefinite or day to day
                  The JV stuff is getting beyond ridiculous but, as I posted in another thread, Raptorsland always needs a guy to pile on and right now it's JV.

Game was awful. Didn't have it. Thought Joseph played alright but everyone else was brutal. Tough stretch after Christmas, though. Getting out of this trip 3-3 would be okay.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    The JV stuff is getting beyond ridiculous but, as I posted in another thread, Raptorsland always needs a guy to pile on and right now it's JV.

Game was awful. Didn't have it. Thought Joseph played alright but everyone else was brutal. Tough stretch after Christmas, though. Getting out of this trip 3-3 would be okay.
                    That's something I've noticed as well but it really is getting ridiculous.
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      Hopefully myles turner stays a rookie forever, Whiteside has broken ankles, Cavs bring back mozgov as a starter, horford tears his boob again, Dwight retires, kemba runs backwards, jv vs Drummond gm 1 shows up and not JV vs henson shooting fadeaways against a stick. Haven't seen Noah or rolo matchups yet.
                      You need to get yo head checked

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                        Jonas four or five great games in the playoffs are becoming the same legend as 13 game bargs
                        Not really JV actually played well for a couple months leading up to the playoffs last year. But keep talking that bullshit

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Not really JV actually played well for a couple months leading up to the playoffs last year. But keep talking that bullshit

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                          Even if you limit it to just the Playoffs; JV was down right dominate every game he played until the injury in Miami so it wasn't even just a 4/5 game situation. And keep in mind; we don't even make it that far if not for him. He was THAT good. If showing up when it mattered most doesn't matter then I really don't know what to say. I get wanting to diminish something but this is just crazy.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                            Hey "big boi"..... you're clearly an emotional guy so I'll let your "Mourinho fan" comment pass this time.... But you talk about beauty so much I think you should get into those pageants. You'll really enjoy it... not this grind it out hard nosed basketball stuff....
                            Ya, I was emotional last night for sure. So you enjoyed that 'grind it out hard nose basketball stuff' last night? What was hard nosed about it? Or do you mean bone headed? You enjoyed how they ground out a loss, playing horrible basketball? To be clear, horribly inefficient in addition to being horrible to watch.

You are raising a false dicotemy. Golden State and Cleveland and San Antonio manage to play attractive, effective and efficient basketball focused on good ball movement, while also being hard nosed.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                              No doubt in my mind.

And he'd do it on 50% from the field. And 80% from the freethrow line

#underutilized
                              Agreed. But I've come to terms that he won't reach his potential in this team, with this coach. We're commited to Demar and DC, that ship has saled. I just hope we can get good value for JV.

What has definitely hurt him is injuries. Just as he seems to be becoming dominant and confident, he gets injured again.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                FWIW I don't think JV is on the block...
                                He has to control what he can.. which is to amp up his focus and intensity and bring that each and every night. He just has to come out with more energy that he has shown lately.

Its a thankless role he has right now... setting screens and rebounding. But such is his lot in life until he starts kicking ass hard under the boards, puts up more points off of offensive rebounds and gets better position down low earlier in the possession.

He can do it.. .but he has to do it with more frequency and ummph than he has been so far this year.
                                That's all fair. Thankless is right, for years, but he has some responsibility to get himself in to the best shape possible and to hopefully get his mind right again.

Comment

Working...
                                X