Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Honestly, DD and KL didn't look that tired imo. Other guys were late on everything, grabbing their shorts, JV was out of gas early (5 mins in) in 1st quarter.

DD and KL, they looked okay.
    At least for the first half or so a lot of jump shots were short. Often a sign of tired legs.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
      At least for the first half or so a lot of jump shots were short. Often a sign of tired legs.
      Shit like this always happen when you arrive at hotel at 3 something in the morning and got to play the game in a few hours. No excuses. And still, KL & DD didn't look gassed to me. Different story w/ JV though. Dude needs to do some work on exercise bike. Build endurance.

Comment

• Second night of a b2b on the west coast after playing the Warriors the first night? That's rough under any circumstances. Don't read too much into it, a few of these games will happen this year.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
          Can't just trade him because you need to get actual value.

He's a 6th man type centre in the modern game unless he gets to an elite level effort and iq wise defensively like the other similarly unalthletic centres like old Duncan and Marc gasol. The reality is that catering to him on either end is going to hurt us not help us.
          Those are elite players. This whole 6th man narrative... taken as fact now. I'm worried if we don't trade JV we'll end up in playoff series where Demar is matched up against a great defender and our offence grinds to a hault, because our guard oriented offence doesn't work against some quality opposition, and then we wish we would have developed JV a little in the post to have developed some post passers and some understanding how to feed the post and to have another option. We expect JV to just be instant offence when nothing else works. And the post passing often is terribke. And if not for JV, we don't get past Indiana, where Demar was absolutely dominated and Lowry wasn't his usual self.

Comment

• I remember when people were saying demar is better suited as a 6th man, he'll never be a star, he doesn't work in this system, etc. Now he's on the nba top 10 mvp ladder. The way we throw our own players under the bus after a rough few weeks is pathetic.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I remember when people were saying demar is better suited as a 6th man, he'll never be a star, he doesn't work in this system, etc. Now he's on the nba top 10 mvp ladder. The way we throw our own players under the bus after a rough few weeks is pathetic.
              Demar is also a statistical anomaly. You'd be hard pressed to find many players that got starters minutes almost right away who improve drastically in like their 5th season then take another leap in the 8th.

Comment

• We don't have to play defense in the playoffs? Awesome!

Comment

I remember when people were saying demar is better suited as a 6th man, he'll never be a star, he doesn't work in this system, etc. Now he's on the nba top 10 mvp ladder. The way we throw our own players under the bus after a rough few weeks is pathetic.
                  That's why I never thrown our own under the bus. Bargs is exception. I still can't forget that interview w/ the NBA.COM when he said he's just too lazy to rebound the ball.

Comment

That's why I never thrown our own under the bus. Bargs is exception. I still can't forget that interview w/ the NBA.COM when he said he's just too lazy to rebound the ball.
                    I wanted to strangle Bargs after he said that.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

People? I think you're talking about McHappy and OldSkool. Two of the biggest DeRozan hater in this board.

I still remember OldSkool saying the Raptors should trade DeRozan for a mid 1st round pick. And give Bruno some regular playing time(this was 2 years ago). LOL.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

I admit I was one of those people who said Demar would do well in a sixth man role. I didn't say he won't be a star, just that his game (volume scorer, average defense) would do well as sixth man.

...Boy did he prove me wrong

Comment

• I just don't understand some of you. DeRozan hater, JV hater. We should be "one team". Fuck DD, fuck JV if we can't win, you know what I mean? It's about the Raptors, about Toronto Raptors. Honestly, I don't give a fuck about any of these players. I'm not 8 year kid anymore. It's about winning. If Masai thinks we can improve this team via trade. Let's do this.

Comment

I just don't understand some of you. DeRozan hater, JV hater. We should be "one team". Fuck DD, fuck JV if we can't win, you know what I mean? It's about the Raptors, about Toronto Raptors. Honestly, I don't give a fuck about any of these players. I'm not 8 year kid anymore. It's about winning. If Masai thinks we can improve this team via trade. Let's do this.
                            This, all day.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I just don't understand some of you. DeRozan hater, JV hater. We should be "one team". Fuck DD, fuck JV if we can't win, you know what I mean? It's about the Raptors, about Toronto Raptors. Honestly, I don't give a fuck about any of these players. I'm not 8 year kid anymore. It's about winning. If Masai thinks we can improve this team via trade. Let's do this.
                              United against Bargnani!!

I would trade anyone if it made the team better but some people are just determined to trade a guy out of spite. I honestly haven't seen a single trade proposal that sends JV out and makes our team better.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                United against Bargnani!!

I would trade anyone if it made the team better but some people are just determined to trade a guy out of spite. I honestly haven't seen a single trade proposal that sends JV out and makes our team better.
                                Bargnani should be known as a curse word on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X