No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm amazed by this discussion. Like, obviously he had a bad couple minutes. but there was only 1 turnover that i'd call egregious. We have seen much worse sequences from him and everyone else on the team.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
      They aren't knee jerk reactions to JV. These are long standing issues that he's had and will continue to have in the modern league dominated by spread pick and roll and bigmen who can stretch the floor.

It's wrong to assume that people with a negative opinion of JV's defense/defensive capabilities haven't thought things through and are just reacting on a whim to what's happening from game to game.
      Really? He had a pretty solid game then had a rough stretch in the 4th with some turnovers and there are literally posts about "trade JV". Are you seriously saying that people have had long standing issues with JV having too many turnovers? Because I didn't see a single post referencing his defensive mobility as the issue in this game.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        Up until the stretch in the fourth where JV went brain dead for 4 or 5 straight possessions, I thought he was more like the JV we expect to see from last year and the start of the season. As someone mentioned, something's not right with him. He was been a big plus factor for the last couple of years, and the league didn't suddenly change in the last 3 months.

I hope Bebe's play has shut up all the suggestions that it would be okay to trade JV because his back up has the speed and mobility to play as a modern center. The lack of defense from this game can pretty comfortably be laid at Siakim's, Carroll's and Beebe's door. If JV goes out in a trade, you better be getting a 4 and a 5 back.
        Have people really suggested trading JV without bringing back a 5? I know I've said that if we trade JV we absolutely need a defensive 5 coming in to replace him if he's being moved to upgrade the 4. Would be crazy to expect Bebe to handle 30mpg at center.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Pretty awesome on Lowry's part, but it also says something about the Raptor franchise history, and not in a good way.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Really? He had a pretty solid game then had a rough stretch in the 4th with some turnovers and there are literally posts about "trade JV". Are you seriously saying that people have had long standing issues with JV having too many turnovers? Because I didn't see a single post referencing his defensive mobility as the issue in this game.
              JV certainly won the Mozgov battle. Plus he (and Pascal) actually grabbed defensive boards. Bebe and Poeltl had 3 between them in their 29 minutes. Other than Young and Russell torching us from 3, much of the Lakers offense was due to their 16 offensive boards. No wonder Casey reinserted JV and Siakim.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Pretty awesome on Lowry's part, but it also says something about the Raptor franchise history, and not in a good way.
                It's not that bad, there've been only 63 guys in NBA history to achieve that 40/7/7 statline and there are franchises without such player like Grizzlies, Pacers, Kings.

And you know how many players achieved exact Lowry statline from last night - 41/7/9 on 75% shooting? Only Larry Bird. I guess that says something about other 28 franchises in the league

Lowry is amazing, let's enjoy and hope this ride will last as long as possible!

Comment

• I've been watching more opposition feeds lately, and I have to say LA's broadcast crew was one of the best I've heard; spent the whole time talking about basketball, were knowledgeable about the Raptors, quick to give credit or point out fault, appropriately excited about their own team's comeback but realistic about their odds and where their team is right now.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    I'm amazed by this discussion. Like, obviously he had a bad couple minutes. but there was only 1 turnover that i'd call egregious. We have seen much worse sequences from him and everyone else on the team.
                    In a classic "lets bring up DD when people bitch about JV" move, how come nobody is talking about Demar's D being bad all night? Like just awful. A big tuna flopping around the court would've disturbed guys more. He was coasting the whole night and I'm not sure he really contested a single shot his man (men) took all game.

I mean, people want a big man to cover up weaknesses...you won't find one who can basically defend his man and Demar's every time they put us in a two-man game. That's not going to happen unless they've got superpowers like super speed or teleportation.

Seriously, DD looked almost ok for the first few weeks on D. Good enough by his standards. But it feels like lately he's just coasting a lot and not even giving a token effort.

And no, he's not dominant enough offensively to make up for it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      In a classic "lets bring up DD when people bitch about JV" move, how come nobody is talking about Demar's D being bad all night? Like just awful. A big tuna flopping around the court would've disturbed guys more. He was coasting the whole night and I'm not sure he really contested a single shot his man (men) took all game.

I mean, people want a big man to cover up weaknesses...you won't find one who can basically defend his man and Demar's every time they put us in a two-man game. That's not going to happen unless they've got superpowers like super speed or teleportation.

Seriously, DD looked almost ok for the first few weeks on D. Good enough by his standards. But it feels like lately he's just coasting a lot and not even giving a token effort.

yeah that drive and dunk by ingram was straight up pathetic defence by derozan, and everyone is talking about JV getting posterized lol.

I don't bother talking about demar's defence much anymore. The defensive issues on our team are clearly perimeter-first in my view, but the mob has made up its mind that every nba team relies on a superhuman defensive C to defend every drive, so, whatever.

Comment

He got torched by Ingram's crossover multiple times. He'll just never have that lateral quickness out at the perimeter.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          He got torched by Ingram's crossover multiple times. He'll just never have that lateral quickness out at the perimeter.
                          Oh forget that...im talking fighting through screens, recognizing when to ice/blue, moving his feet at all when people drive, coming into the lane to prevent the pass to the roll man...

He missed like every defensive coverage that was his responsibility last night.

Comment

• Majesiu wrote: View Post
                            It's not that bad, there've been only 63 guys in NBA history to achieve that 40/7/7 statline and there are franchises without such player like Grizzlies, Pacers, Kings.

And you know how many players achieved exact Lowry statline from last night - 41/7/9 on 75% shooting? Only Larry Bird. I guess that says something about other 28 franchises in the league

Lowry is amazing, let's enjoy and hope this ride will last as long as possible!
                            My comment wasn't directed at Lowry,did call his feat awesome, he did something no Raptor has done before. It was a franchise shot.

Until MU came along, this franchise was mis-managed more often than managed. Not going to slag you for defending the past 20 years, but that's my opinion.

The Kings and Pacers have had their moments, but along with the Grizz and us, the 4 teams have won zero championships.

There have been 237 40/7/7 games since 83-84 whereas the 41/7/9 on 75% shooting stat you posted only being done twice is truly impressive.

Comment

• Cavs looking a bit hungover from New Year's celebrations - they're 2 for 21 from downtown against the Pelicans

Comment

i remember when brandon ingram was being defended by demar. ingram literally just waltzes by demar and ends up posterizing jonas, who was busy guarding a hot thomas robinson and then had to switch gear to cover for demars defensive blunder.

Comment

Working...
                                X