No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish Lowry was exploding on Carroll and Casey in the change room.

Losing this game is absolutely unacceptable.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
      I love Butler man. If only we could get a guy like this. Clutch, tough and a great defender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Too bad the Bulls as it is probably won't go anywhere anytime soon...

They had it a few years ago.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        I absolutely hate Carroll.

The rage he makes me feel is exactly how I remember feeling with Hedo.
        Same for me.
        Carroll is inconsistent at shooting and his defense is massively overrated. And on top of that he commits so many high school level mistakes! It's infuriating!!!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• HOU is going to absolutely napalm us into nothing tomorrow.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            Couldn't agree more. Casey is definitely our downfall. He's improved a little since he's come here but his lack of play calls and his substitution patterns have lost us many a game now. And with our defense being bad this season wish us luck.
            That derozan decoy play got ross a wide open 3 and he bricked it, but some of his coaching is questionable at best.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              Couldn't agree more. I honestly have no clue how to feel about the Raptors right now. Something is just very off this season and I'm not liking it.
              dude, wtf are you on? ... we're 24-11.

Comment

HOU is going to absolutely napalm us into nothing tomorrow.
                Yup! Thank God I will not be home to be tempted to watch that blow out. If we can't stop Butler there is no way in hell we are stopping Harden or Gordon. Yea we did it once but that was when we were actually playing well. Teams have figured us out.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Comment

• I'm starting to really question Masai's abilities as a GM hate to say it. He's very good at trading but it pretty much ends there.

Wasted Picks: Bruno, Poeltl, you could even argue Wright (although I'll give him a pass since there's no way we could've known we'd get CoJo.

Bad signing: DeMarre Carroll. Yeah he's on a good contract in terms of the cap but he isn't a fucking good player. Just eating up salary that could be spent on someone who isn't trash and give us more flexibility. He's not a stopper, he gets abused by stronger 3s and quicker 3s, and he's not a great shooter. Not much of a passer either.

Unwillingness to take risks: This is where we are now, standing pat, not getting better unless we can commit highway robbery of the other team.

Hate to say it but I think this team peaked last season. A conference finals trip and then 2 wins gifted to us by Cleveland because they didn't take us seriously.

Comment

• bunch of drama queens on this board

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                        dude, wtf are you on? ... we're 24-11.
                        That record means nothing too me. We aren't playing the game the right way and we have a horrible coach. I care about the playoffs and with the way we're playing we would be lucky to get out of the first round. We barely did last season and our defense was ten times better than it is now. And Chicago and Spurs have proven that even with a top 5 offence we are still easy to stop if you're smart enough and have a couple good defenders to stop Kyle and Demar. Mostly Kyle though because then Demar just goes one on one and loses you the game.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                          Same for me.
                          Carroll is inconsistent at shooting and his defense is massively overrated. And on top of that he commits so many high school level mistakes! It's infuriating!!!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                          It not only seems "overrated", it seems like it's a total lie.

Game after game, I see him get torched and make ridiculous mistakes, get blown by or leave guys wide open. But what makes it worse is Casey keeps playing him and before we say it's the contract...JV has an equal one and if he f's up, hell if he does well he's benched. Casey's infuriating infactuation with "vets" is beyond annoying.

Carroll is by far the weakest link in our starting line up. He should be getting the Rondo treatment here.

Comment

It not only seems "overrated", it seems like it's a total lie.

Game after game, I see him get torched and make ridiculous mistakes, get blown by or leave guys wide open. But what makes it worse is Casey keeps playing him and before we say it's the contract...JV has an equal one and if he f's up, hell if he does well he's benched. Casey's infuriating infactuation with "vets" is beyond annoying.

Carroll is by far the weakest link in our starting line up. He should be getting the Rondo treatment here.
                            Yep.

Can someone explain to me how Carroll is even better than DeRozan defensively? That's not even hyperbole. He does nothing on defense and is just living off reputation at this point, one that I'm not sure how the fuck he even earned in the first place. Absolutely useless and worthless player.

He can't stop anyone. He can't even slow anyone down. He sucks on offense and is a one dimensional shooter who can't even shoot consistently. Seems to not even play with maximum effort despite self-branding himself as JYD 2.0.

Heck no. Carroll needs to FUCKING go.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                              I'm starting to really question Masai's abilities as a GM hate to say it. He's very good at trading but it pretty much ends there.

Wasted Picks: Bruno, Poeltl, you could even argue Wright (although I'll give him a pass since there's no way we could've known we'd get CoJo.

Bad signing: DeMarre Carroll. Yeah he's on a good contract in terms of the cap but he isn't a fucking good player. Just eating up salary that could be spent on someone who isn't trash and give us more flexibility. He's not a stopper, he gets abused by stronger 3s and quicker 3s, and he's not a great shooter. Not much of a passer either.

Unwillingness to take risks: This is where we are now, standing pat, not getting better unless we can commit highway robbery of the other team.

Hate to say it but I think this team peaked last season. A conference finals trip and then 2 wins gifted to us by Cleveland because they didn't take us seriously.
                              Overreaction don't you think?

Poeltl? Really, he's been impressive when he gets minutes and he is still a rookie... Bruno and Wright are still TBD.

Carroll was a bad signing, but I blame what he is now because of his injury, he was good in Atlanta and then came to Toronto, got injured and was never the same. I blame Casey for giving him so many damn minutes.

I partially agree with the unwillingness to take risks. Masai doesn't take risks and likes to be the one to win the trades, but I'd also rather not overpay for players, which he doesn't do, especially if the asking price is high, Millsap for example, Hawks want a high first round pick, which Raptors do not have, so I'm not going to throw JV, Ross, Patterson or whoever I can to overpay for Millsap.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                                I'm starting to really question Masai's abilities as a GM hate to say it. He's very good at trading but it pretty much ends there.

god can we stop this crybaby nonsense? i get people are emotional over the loss. but starting to tear into masai with a bunch of stupid critiques is pointless and convinces people of nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X