Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Just can't beat the Bulls.. watch the Raptors face the Bulls in the first round in the playoffs.

Butler is just too good.. but I really thought that Lowry's shot was going to go in at the buzzer. Also if the Raptors could grab a couple of those boards they would have won.. lost that battle by 19.

Going to be tough tomorrow. Houston's been on fire.
    What a brutal back to back with an early tip time for the raps. Going to be really tough to beat a rested rockets team.

Also Celtics game right after which we need to win to keep our lead of 2nd over them. Hopefully 2pat will be ready by then.

Comment

• Carroll, Cojo, Powell, Both picks
      for
      Millsap, Thabo, 2nd rounder 2017

Lowry-Wright
      DeRozan-?
      Ross-Thabo
      Millsap-Patterson
      Jonas-Bebe

Sully, Ross, Pascal, Hawks 2nd
      for
      Wilson Chandler, Murry

Lowry-Wright
      DeRozan-Murray
      Chanlder-Thabo
      Millsap-Patterson
      Jonas-Bebe
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Also after calming down my hate for Carroll has reduced. While he was awful during the 2nd half he actually looked really good defensively during the first half. The poor play may be a result of him getting tired because he's not used to the mins Casey has been playing him lately. Casey should not play him for tmrw's game and make sure he is healthy and rested for the celtics game.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
          Gay is def a better player than carroll and I would trade him for him just to get out of the carroll deal but he's a terrible fit with our team. We just need a 3 that can play above average defense and spread the floor. Rudy will just make our defense even worse than it already is as he takes most defensive possessions off.
          Of course I'm saying it a bit tongue and cheek because no I'm not actually suggesting we go call up SAC now and make a trade offer (unless they were dumb to offer a pick lol) but yeah it's a jab at Carroll because I really think Carroll is playing so poorly that you could make a case for Rudy...it's that bad.

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
            Carroll, Cojo, Powell, Both picks
            for
            Millsap, Thabo, 2nd rounder 2017

Lowry-Wright
            DeRozan-?
            Ross-Thabo
            Millsap-Patterson
            Jonas-Bebe

Sully, Ross, Pascal, Hawks 2nd
            for
            Wilson Chandler, Murry

Lowry-Wright
            DeRozan-Murray
            Chanlder-Thabo
            Millsap-Patterson
            Jonas-Bebe
            Holy shit. Lol. Step away from the keyboard

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
              Also after calming down my hate for Carroll has reduced. While he was awful during the 2nd half he actually looked really good defensively during the first half. The poor play may be a result of him getting tired because he's not used to the mins Casey has been playing him lately. Casey should not play him for tmrw's game and make sure he is healthy and rested for the celtics game.
              You see it's saying things like this that make me wonder if this is how Carroll has this "reputation". You see you say he played good defence in the first but I don't actually remember sequences where I thought "wow he's doing a good job on Butler...or Wade". Just because a certain player hasn't gone off....yet, doesn't make his defender was guarding him well. It could be whatever player just isn't in a rhythm yet or was maybe frustrated with how bad his own team was playing. I'm not sure...

But maybe that is my bad...I just can't recall a time I was really impressed by Carroll's defence for any extended period of time but I have an ENDLESS amount of times I remember him getting worked.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                Holy shit. Lol. Step away from the keyboard
                You wouldn't trade Sully/Ross/Siakam and a 2nd for Chandler and Murray?

That is a massive steal for us dude. Murray has legit star potential.

Comment

• Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    There's so many, it's hard to tell.
                    There are some definite overreactions. But there are also some alarming echoes of years past starting to creep in over the last few games.

I doubt it will last, since I think we are generally a more resilient and deep squad compared to years past, but I understand the PTSD everyone is feeling.

On the bright side, there are some positive takeaways... You have to like Casey at least experimenting with the Bebe/JV frontcourt, despite its general inefficacy. Regular season is the time to try things out. Just wish he had been a little more flexible later in the game.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

I think Powell has more potential to be honest

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

But it begs the question....why would DEN do this?! With that in mind, why even suggest it?! lol

#justsayin

Comment

• To Carroll

*stolen from realgm.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                            You see it's saying things like this that make me wonder if this is how Carroll has this "reputation". You see you say he played good defence in the first but I don't actually remember sequences where I thought "wow he's doing a good job on Butler...or Wade". Just because a certain player hasn't gone off....yet, doesn't make his defender was guarding him well. It could be whatever player just isn't in a rhythm yet or was maybe frustrated with how bad his own team was playing. I'm not sure...

But maybe that is my bad...I just can't recall a time I was really impressed by Carroll's defence for any extended period of time but I have an ENDLESS amount of times I remember him getting worked.
                            It was more of his off-ball defense that I was impressed by early. He was cutting down all the passing lanes for Butler and making it very hard for him to get the ball in places he liked. Then for some reason late in the game he started jumping at everyone.

Don't think he will ever be the shutdown wing defender that we thought we signed but I still think he can give us average to above average defense at the wing. Casey has really got to keep his mins in check imo though you can't go from playing a guy 20 mins and resting on back to backs to then playing him 40 mins a game.

Comment

• Rebound...Rebound..Rebound...Rebound..Rebound, Rebound,Rebound,Rebound,Rebounds,Rebounds,Rebound. ..Rebound..Rebound...Rebound..Rebound, Rebound,Rebound,Rebound,Rebounds,Rebounds,Rebound. ..Rebound..Rebound...Rebound..Rebound, Rebound,Rebound,Rebound,Rebounds,Rebounds,Rebound. ..Rebound..Rebound...Rebound..Rebound, Rebound,Rebound,Rebound,Rebounds,Rebounds,Rebound. ..Rebound..Rebound...Rebound..Rebound, Rebound,Rebound,Rebound,Rebounds,Rebounds,Rebound. ..Rebound..Rebound...Rebound..Rebound, Rebound,Rebound,Rebound,Rebounds,Rebounds.....

60 F$#&^n Rebounds..Enough said...
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                                I think Powell has more potential to be honest

I think I'm a Powell homer until I read stuff like this lol I mean to each his own but Murray has a similar potential to Booker. Neither guy is a good defender (which I know is a part of your arguement for Norm lol) but the real question is that player's potential actually franchise changing?!

I would say just their offence is that potent if that you can mask them (like Curry and Harden even though I don't they're that bad defensively) they could really change their franchise. I can't tell if Norm's that good yet. He's good enough to ADD to an already existing franchise player but I'm not sure yet if he's good enough where you really think you can build around him or with him in mind like you do with the potential of those two. I'd love to see Norm prove me wrong on this lol

Comment

Working...
                                X