X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    I think Powell has more potential to be honest
    JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    But it begs the question....why would DEN do this?! With that in mind, why even suggest it?! lol

#justsayin
    a) Murray is 4 years younger than Powell

b) obviously they wouldn't do it, that's why I was at the dude who said WE wouldn't do it

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      To Carroll

*stolen from realgm.
      He's turning 31 and has suffered a lengthy battle with injuries. He was also playing with some pretty stellar defenders in Atlanta in Millsap and Horford.

He may have another gear in him but I don't think we should blame him if he doesn't. It's not a Hedo situation where he doesn't even try.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        a) Murray is 4 years younger than Powell

b) obviously they wouldn't do it, that's why I was at the dude who said WE wouldn't do it
        Yeah I don't know how many people are actually keeping up with our hometown boy but Murray (I can't say special quite yet) but he looks pretty damn good and especially when you realize he's only 19! I love Powell and think Norm has some seriously untapped potential BUT if DEN offered a deal for Murray, I wouldn't think twice.

Comment

• Are we talking about the same Murray? The rookie on Denver right? The guy that's shooting 33% from the field when he's in the starting lineup and 34% overall for the last month and a half? I'm supposed to believe he's going to be better than Norman Powell because he's younger than him by some years and just ignore the fact that's he's been worse than him in almost every statistical category?

Sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Carroll is useless.

Comment

Are we talking about the same Murray? The rookie on Denver right? The guy that's shooting 33% from the field when he's in the starting lineup and 34% overall for the last month and a half? I'm supposed to believe he's going to be better than Norman Powell because he's younger than him by some years and just ignore the fact that's he's been worse than him in almost every statistical category?

Sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
              K we'll just ignore the actual skill on display and the 4 year age difference...how confident are you that Murray won't be further along than Powell is right now in 4 years?!? But I'll just leave it at that...

...and that hurts my heart to speak against Powell lol but it is what it is.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                K we'll just ignore the actual skill on display and the 4 year age difference...how confident are you that Murray won't be further along than Powell is right now in 4 years?!? But I'll just leave it at that...

Maybe in 4 years Powell will be the DPOY, who knows

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post

Powell has shown more in the same amount of NBA experience. If Powell is still 3rd man up in the rotation chart in 4 years, I'd expect Murray to surpass him, sure.

Comment

• I'm not gonna bicker back n forth about Murray (or Booker) versus Powell (who's arguably my favorite Raptor with Lowry) but I'll just leave it at, I'm hoping he hits his potential just as anybody. If he is really that good, it won't matter who's in front of him...that's about the only positive out of potentially trading Ross, is how obvious it will become to all Rap fans that he is damn good...I just happen to think Murray and Booker's potential is slightly higher is all lol

Comment

• Gotta say it is still sitting with me that Bosh is supposed to be waived in Feb and is in Chicago catching a game...

As much as people will start saying he'd be a great fit here etc...don't forget a couple things..

1. Bosh followed Wade once already and he really didn't speak that highly of TO after (not to mention he went to catch the game in Chicago...not Toronto)

2. More importantly Bosh was trying to play again....RILEY denied him that opportunity. It's pretty obvious that Riley did Wade dirty, I can very easily see this being a minor screw you to Pat and reconnect with Wade in CHI to spite him not to mention the massive story the league makes out of a Wade/Bosh (...and Butler) showdown with LeBron.

Just when we thought getting to the ECF was a lock...

Comment

• Another thing, when a player jumps on a pump fake and commits a foul. NBA guys usually calls it a rookie mistake right? How many times did Carroll jumped on a Wade or Butler pump fake last night?

This guy is a complete DISASTER.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Our rebounding issues are largely because we have a 3 and 4 who are below average rebounders for their positions.

I mean Carroll is 6 fucking EIGHT and grabs 3 boards per game for crying out loud.

Comment

Are we talking about the same Murray? The rookie on Denver right? The guy that's shooting 33% from the field when he's in the starting lineup and 34% overall for the last month and a half? I'm supposed to believe he's going to be better than Norman Powell because he's younger than him by some years and just ignore the fact that's he's been worse than him in almost every statistical category?

Sure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yep, you got it, you should always evaluate a player based on the first two months of his rookie season, especially when they're under 20.

I mean, in 2009-10, early first-round pick & 20-year-old rookie James Harden shot 38% from the field until January, averaging 10ppg/3rpg/2apg.

Meanwhile, mid 2nd-round pick & 23-year-old sophomore Chris Douglas-Roberts shot 46% from the field through January, averaging 16/5/2.

OKC was so stupid! Why didn't they trade Harden for Douglas-Roberts? They were supposed to believe that James Harden was going to be better than Douglas-Roberts because he was younger than him by some years and just ignore the fact that he was worse than him in almost every statistical category?

Stats don't tell you the whole story, champ. They are only a piece of the puzzle.

Comment

• Well the curse continues... That was a disaster. Kind of pissed Casey sat JV late - Bulls were pulling the old ignore the C, double the ball handler stunt. That's where you run JV and 4 smalls and run 1-2 PnR's starting with a JV downscreen. How do you justify playing BeBe 42 minutes? Yeesh.

Carroll was a disaster in the second half. How many jump shooters can one man foul? I found myself wondering how he hadn't fouled out yet, it felt like every other play. Throw in rough shooting from Ross and Powell and the curse continues. Yuck. Maybe steal one against HOU if Pat really is back.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                                I'm starting to really question Masai's abilities as a GM hate to say it. He's very good at trading but it pretty much ends there.

Wasted Picks: Bruno, Poeltl, you could even argue Wright (although I'll give him a pass since there's no way we could've known we'd get CoJo.

Bad signing: DeMarre Carroll. Yeah he's on a good contract in terms of the cap but he isn't a fucking good player. Just eating up salary that could be spent on someone who isn't trash and give us more flexibility. He's not a stopper, he gets abused by stronger 3s and quicker 3s, and he's not a great shooter. Not much of a passer either.

Unwillingness to take risks: This is where we are now, standing pat, not getting better unless we can commit highway robbery of the other team.

Hate to say it but I think this team peaked last season. A conference finals trip and then 2 wins gifted to us by Cleveland because they didn't take us seriously.
                                While I think this is a bit far, it's definitely fair to say that there's been a few decisions that didn't work out and start questioning.

Considering all the conversation this year around mobile big defenders, drafting Bruno over Clint Capela (who was definitely on the short list in many eyes) hurts more and more. DeAndre Daniels also looks like a wasted opportunity but that one is a bit harder to fault. A bit concerning is that Ennis was the target considering his career thus far.

I still like the Delon pick since we desperately needed perimeter defenders after a season with GV and Lou logging heavy minutes. Norm looks like an obvious success.

Carroll signing seem like the right decision at the time. He had just played very well in the playoffs and fit a lot of what we were missing. Unfortunately the Carroll we got doesn't look like the Carroll we needed. How predictable was that? Pretty hard to say.

For me, Masai has done a good job except for the 2014 draft. Everything else is at least debatable and defendable.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X