Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    It isn't great at times but our defense is by FAR our biggest problem. That and rebounding. But I don't worry about the rebounding long term as much because I know Sully will help us with that when he comes back. The defense is just atrocious though. And I'm still so confused as to how that is when we literally have the same exact players as last season and the same coach. It's crazy to me. Our schedule is getting easier but at this point I don't care if we can be no playoff teams because that means nothing. It's about beating elite teams and the teams you will potentially meet in the playoffs. And so far we have struggled mightily with all of them.
    Not really. We're a lot younger this year. We have a shitty backup C who's as soft as Il Mago.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

It isn't great at times but our defense is by FAR our biggest problem. That and rebounding. But I don't worry about the rebounding long term as much because I know Sully will help us with that when he comes back. The defense is just atrocious though. And I'm still so confused as to how that is when we literally have the same exact players as last season and the same coach. It's crazy to me. Our schedule is getting easier but at this point I don't care if we can be no playoff teams because that means nothing. It's about beating elite teams and the teams you will potentially meet in the playoffs. And so far we have struggled mightily with all of them.
      We are missing one player..... his name rhymes with Hizmack Hiyambo.

Remember the one guy who loved to play defense? The guy who was constantly talking and directing/anchoring our defense? The guy doing the mutombo finger wags all the time? You must know who I'm talking about. lol

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        We are missing one player..... his name rhymes with Hizmack Hiyambo.

Remember the one guy who loved to play defense? The guy who was constantly talking and directing/anchoring our defense? The guy doing the mutombo finger wags all the time? You must know who I'm talking about. lol
        you realize that orlando are even worse in defense than the raptors right?

Comment

The thing is our point of attack defense on the other top teams' best players is non-existent. Carroll cannot guard ANYONE. Then on top of that our rim protection is terrible. Jonas is a body but routinely has to be taken off because he's too slow to guard other teams when they go small. And with him off you get Bebe who is a bit better at protecting the rim but doesn't fucking rebound at all so we get exposed on the offensive boards.

We are completely fucked if we don't make some kind of change. We either need to replace Carroll with a game-changing wing defender or bring in a rim protector who can actually stay on the floor against small-ball lineups and isn't worthless on the boards. People have been slating me and others for advocating for a Noel trade but he really would be a huge help right now and he has sky-high potential.

It's not that risky relying on a young player. Biz was only 23 last season anyway, not like he was some seasoned vet. Noel has the same number of years in the league as Biz did last year.

Comment

• I'm just curious to see how this loss will be blamed on JV.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Would the Heat trade Whiteside to the Raps for JV + draft picks?
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                Would the Heat trade Whiteside to the Raps for JV + draft picks?
                Idk but Masai needs to get on the phone and find out.

Comment

• All this talk about Biz...I still give more credit to Greer for how good the defense was last season.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                    I'm just curious to see how this loss will be blamed on JV.
                    It's not JV's fault. He can't do what we need him to. Not an indictment of him as a player just the reality.

Casey wasn't making those offense-defense subs with Biyombo for fun last year, he was doing them because they actually made sense. It's not an option this year. Bebe is just a shot blocker he's not really an intimidator in the paint and he rebounds like he's 5'11.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      you realize that orlando are even worse in defense than the raptors right?
                      Biz played out of his mind with the Raptors last season especially on a contract year so that's the factor we just can't ignore.

However the word "fit" is to be considered also. He does complement well with the pieces on this team.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        All this talk about Biz...I still give more credit to Greer for how good the defense was last season.
                        This also.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                          I'm just curious to see how this loss will be blamed on JV.
                          No one's blaming JV. He barely played in the 2nd half and you know the reason why.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            All this talk about Biz...I still give more credit to Greer for how good the defense was last season.
                            Well he's back working with Thibs in Minnesota. Has more athletic defenders than we do in Wiggins, Dieng, Towns, Rubio, etc. And they're 25th in defense.

Comment

• Greer and Biz out.

It's not just coincidence

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                Not really. We're a lot younger this year. We have a shitty backup C who's as soft as Il Mago.
                                but remember, this team had a top 10 defense in 2013-2014. who was our backup C then? chuck hayes, aaron gray and tyler hansbrough. i don't know why everyones focusing on a backup C miraculously improving our defense.

biyombo is on the magic and has literally made zero impact in defense. they're currently 19th in the league. last year they were 17th.

Comment

Working...
                                X