Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Good news?

Delon is the Raps 3rd PG. He's not really going to make much of a difference.
    s
    Sullinger probably would take about a month to get in game shape and even then who knows how effective he'd be?

Raptors need to make a trade.
    I think Delon or even the spectre of Delon will push CoJo to be better than he has been so far this year. Big point guards have value.. Remember the havoc Sean Livingston brought to the playoffs for the Nets and the Warriors ? Glad to see the kid back.

Do you think it will take Sullinger a month to get into shape ? If its a trade you are after you better hope Sullinger is ready to go in a week to 10 days from now. I think Sullinger has to be road tested to see whatever Ujiri/Weltman and Casey brought him here to do is put to the test in reasonable stretch of games.. say 10 or 12 .. before Ujiri determines exactly what his asset base can do for the Raptors going forward or what they are worth on the market...

Lets hope Sully lost the directions to Johnnys Hamburgers these past couple of months he has been on the mend.He wants to get paid next year... Betting he shows pretty well.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Good news?

Delon is the Raps 3rd PG. He's not really going to make much of a difference.

Sullinger probably would take about a month to get in game shape and even then who knows how effective he'd be?

Raptors need to make a trade.
      Sullinger is 3-4 weeks ahead of his projected recovery schedule.Good news.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I can answer how effective he'd be: more than siakam, poeltl and bebe.
        Agree, agree, disagree. Far more effective than Bebe at rebounding. Far less effective at rim protection. Sully will put up more points than Bebe on offence, just not efficiently.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Agree, agree, disagree. Far more effective than Bebe at rebounding. Far less effective at rim protection. Sully will put up more points than Bebe on offence, just not efficiently.
          I should clarify: more effective than bebe at the 4. Bebe Is being asked to do too much right now. He's good at 15 to 20 minutes behind jv, he's not good getting 30 plus minutes and playing twin tower lineups
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

He'll make the other team guard him though, especially if you're comparing them with two bigs on the court. Whenever Bebe is out there with another big, his man sags off him completely. They just don't care about guarding him at all and he makes everything harder for our other players because the paint is constantly being clogged.

Bebe may be "efficient", but in his case it's a polite way of saying "limited". Sully's game is more likely to improve team efficiency on O than Bebe's. They have to guard him off the ball as a shooter and could have to double team him in the post.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              He'll make the other team guard him though, especially if you're comparing them with two bigs on the court. Whenever Bebe is out there with another big, his man sags off him completely. They just don't care about guarding him at all and he makes everything harder for our other players because the paint is constantly being clogged.

Bebe may be "efficient", but in his case it's a polite way of saying "limited". Sully's game is more likely to improve team efficiency on O than Bebe's. They have to guard him off the ball as a shooter and could have to double team him in the post.

If Bebe is an offence killer, it sure doesn't show. His 116.9 is the highest ORTG on the team.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

If Bebe is an offence killer, it sure doesn't show. His 116.9 is the highest ORTG on the team.
                He's fine when he plays at C with shooters around him. It's an issue when he's beside JV or Poeltl, which we've seen recently. Basically any time he can't just be the only roll man and rebounder on the court.

Sully could feasibly fit at either PF or C in most units we could throw out there. Offensively he's a versatile player even if he lacks in efficiency.

This is one of those "trust your eyes not the stats" things with Bebe. His offence is brutally limited at the moment and it is a definite issue in certain lineups and situations.

Comment

He's fine when he plays at C with shooters around him. It's an issue when he's beside JV or Poeltl, which we've seen recently. Basically any time he can't just be the only roll man and rebounder on the court.

Sully could feasibly fit at either PF or C in most units we could throw out there. Offensively he's a versatile player even if he lacks in efficiency.

This is one of those "trust your eyes not the stats" things with Bebe. His offence is brutally limited at the moment and it is a definite issue in certain lineups and situations.

Well you can trust both eyes and stats. You and Keon are right about him at the 4. At the 5, especially with Lowry he's pretty effective. Lowry, who seems to have trouble running the PnR with JV (and the issue is not the JV roll, it's Lowry actually getting him the ball) doesn't have the same issues with Bebe due to Bebe's 9'3" reach. Defences can't cheat off him nearly as much as they do with Pascal, who is an offence killer.

Comment

I don't have a horse in this race, but so far this year in 56 minutes with both JV and BeBe on the floor, the team has an ORTG of 112.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      I don't have a horse in this race, but so far this year in 56 minutes with both JV and BeBe on the floor, the team has an ORTG of 112.
                      And that sample size is smaller than a valanciunas itty bitty baller
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Reminder: Type 'NBA Vote' into Google and vote for Kyle and Demar (among others)

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          Reminder: Type 'NBA Vote' into Google and vote for Kyle and Demar (among others)
                          I voted for both just now, but for the Starting Center for the East, I pegged Embiid as starting center and that better happen on February

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• 9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X