No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a good idea to just limit ourselves to acquiring angels who have zero baggage. First of all we're not New York, we're not Miami and we're not Los Angeles. Even when we're an elite team, we don't have the pick of the litter when it comes to acquiring stars via free agency, so we don't have the luxury of selecting between multiple superstars.

If you have the chance to acquire Cousins (we don't the way things are looking, but speaking hypothetically) without breaking up Lowry and DeMar you do it no questions asked. Again, yes, he has an anger problem and flares up very easily but he's not flaring up because he's not getting paid or he has issues with his teammates, etc. He's flaring up because he's really passionate and wants to fucking win. If anything we need someone like that on this team.

Also have you guys looked at all into any of the things that Cousins does in the community over there in Sacramento? He's not a bad person or some type of cancer like people try to make him out to be.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
      Not a good idea to just limit ourselves to acquiring angels who have zero baggage. First of all we're not New York, we're not Miami and we're not Los Angeles. Even when we're an elite team, we don't have the pick of the litter when it comes to acquiring stars via free agency, so we don't have the luxury of selecting between multiple superstars.

If you have the chance to acquire Cousins (we don't the way things are looking, but speaking hypothetically) without breaking up Lowry and DeMar you do it no questions asked. Again, yes, he has an anger problem and flares up very easily but he's not flaring up because he's not getting paid or he has issues with his teammates, etc. He's flaring up because he's really passionate and wants to fucking win. If anything we need someone like that on this team.

Also have you guys looked at all into any of the things that Cousins does in the community over there in Sacramento? He's not a bad person or some type of cancer like people try to make him out to be.
      almost every player does good community work. doesn't mean he's not a petulant crybaby on the court. Terrific player, but it's over the top to dismiss the attitude issues. I've watched him, he doesn't flare up because of passion, he gets T-ed up because he's a 26 year old man-child who doesn't know how to deal with his emotions.

I think if you really could get him without trading derozan or lowry, you consider it but I highly doubt it and even if it did happen I wouldn't be surprised if it blew up in our faces because this guy has no mental toughness.

Anyways, he's not going anywhere this year at least, and i don't know who is going to be able to acquire him without draining their team completely after his new deal, so it's kind of academic at this point.

Comment

• Lowry was more of a cancer than Cousins is. Arguing with coaches and whining about minutes. That doesn't even have anything to do with winning it's just being fucking selfish.

Comment

• http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-col...126012739.html

Perspective from a Sacto beat writer on Cousins.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Is this some kind of record for the shortest number of game pages in RR history? 9?

Comment

Lowry was more of a cancer than Cousins is. Arguing with coaches and whining about minutes. That doesn't even have anything to do with winning it's just being fucking selfish.
              Try to push that comparison all you want...but two things here.

First Lowry has a chip on his shoulder and felt he was never getting a fair chance to prove himself with coaches. Cousins has been gifted every chance to do what he wants on and off the court. What happened when Lowry was given the chance to prove himself? He was fantastic in Houston until he was sidelined and when given that shot in Toronto after being benched behind a worse player in Jose, he fully grabbed the reins and has been playing and acting like a leader and all-star.

Second, how often do you see Lowry act out on the court (even when he was unhappy and clashing with his coaches) in ways that could be described as, per the article I just posted, "with a lack of dignity, childish petulance, crass demeanor, disrespect, intemperance, an abject lack of self control"? Lowry blows up at officials and you can still see he plays with a chip on his shoulder...but the level of immaturity Cousins shows on the court is truly special. Something you rarely if ever see from Lowry.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-col...126012739.html

Perspective from a Sacto beat writer on Cousins.

Do you consider the Sacramento Kings to be a well run organization?

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Try to push that comparison all you want...but two things here.

First Lowry has a chip on his shoulder and felt he was never getting a fair chance to prove himself with coaches. Cousins has been gifted every chance to do what he wants on and off the court. What happened when Lowry was given the chance to prove himself? He was fantastic in Houston until he was sidelined and when given that shot in Toronto after being benched behind a worse player in Jose, he fully grabbed the reins and has been playing and acting like a leader and all-star.

Second, how often do you see Lowry act out on the court (even when he was unhappy and clashing with his coaches) in ways that could be described as, per the article I just posted, "with a lack of dignity, childish petulance, crass demeanor, disrespect, intemperance, an abject lack of self control"? Lowry blows up at officials and you can still see he plays with a chip on his shoulder...but the level of immaturity Cousins shows on the court is truly special. Something you rarely if ever see from Lowry.

Two guys from the old Jail Blazers teams (much worse on and off court issues than Cousins) seemed to do just fine once they landed in winning situations: Rasheed Wallace and Zach Randolph.

Comment

• Ok and really what's the end game here? Let's just be clear about this.

Kings and Raps get in negotiations. Cousins for Valanciunas, Ross, 2 1st round picks and Wright is put on the table. You guys that are all complaining about DeMarcus' attitude turn that down or what?

Comment

• Isn't Cousins going to get the max extension? Why are we still talking about him as an option?

Comment

Do you consider the Sacramento Kings to be a well run organization?

Two guys from the old Jail Blazers teams (much worse on and off court issues than Cousins) seemed to do just fine once they landed in winning situations: Rasheed Wallace and Zach Randolph.
                      Keep using the organization excuse. It doesn't fly. Transcendent talents will change their team's fortunes on the court.

And guys like Sheed and Randolph were never even close to as immature on the court as Cousins. That "jailblazers" term mostly reflected the knucklehead shit the guys on that team did OFF THE COURT, not on it. Did they get techs? Sure, but they never acted out in such a pathetic and consistent manner as Cousins does. It's also worth noting that everyone knew Randolph would wash out of the league if he didn't get his shit together in Memphis...it was his last chance and everyone knew it. Sheed was always a positive factor for his team and really just had issues with refs. He was also a big part of their great teams before they became the jailblazers (two time all star on a team making deep playoff runs). So Sheed was a big part of a winning situation for many years. Maybe check some facts before you make comparisons. Again, especially for Sheed his issues were all about techs/refs.

Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Jan 14, 2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Isn't Cousins going to get the max extension? Why are we still talking about him as an option?
                        We shouldn't be. Let him scrape into the playoffs this year hopefully. Sacto can extend him and deal with his shit.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Keep using the organization excuse. It doesn't fly. Transcendent talents will change their team's fortunes on the court.

And guys like Sheed and Randolph were never even close to as immature on the court as Cousins. That "jailblazers" term mostly reflected the knucklehead shit the guys on that team did OFF THE COURT, not on it. Did they get techs? Sure, but they never acted out in such a pathetic and consistent manner as Cousins does. It's also worth noting that everyone knew Randolph would wash out of the league if he didn't get his shit together in Memphis...it was his last chance and everyone knew it. Sheed was always a positive factor for his team and really just had issues with refs. He was also a big part of their great teams before they became the jailblazers (two time all star on a team making deep playoff runs). So Sheed was a big part of a winning situation for many years. Maybe check some facts before you make comparisons. Again, especially for Sheed his issues were all about techs/refs.

40 technicals (78 in a 2 year span), and a 7 game suspension for threatening a referee in one season. The longest ever suspension in NBA history at the time for something that was not drug-abuse or violence related.

Let's not start sugar-coating pre-Pistons Sheed please. And btw he was nowhere near as good as Cousins is.

Comment

40 technicals (78 in a 2 year span), and a 7 game suspension for threatening a referee in one season. The longest ever suspension in NBA history at the time for something that was not drug-abuse or violence related.

Let's not start sugar-coating pre-Pistons Sheed please. And btw he was nowhere near as good as Cousins is.
                            The referee who ended up getting kicked out of the league for gambling on games he officiated....

Not as talented as Cousins...again, he was an all-star on a quality playoff team and had no issue playing winning basketball. Not sugar coating anything, just pointing out there's a difference between their issues and Sheed's didn't hurt his team nearly as much as Cousjns, 40 techs and all.

Comment

Jailblazers were also a combination of guys who had the off the court stuff as well as some on the court attitude. By all accounts, Cousins is the only guy on that team during his tenure that has ever been that way. The jailblazers were an accumulative of lesser issues while Cousins is more of an issue and it all on his lonesome. Really far off comps.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Didn't say there's no difference between their issues. I said that Sheed had issues of his own and was able to become an integral part to a championship team (and some good teams in the late 90s in Portland when he had experienced vets around him like Sabonis, Pippen and Steve Smith).

And again I'll ask. So if a trade was on the table for Cousins where we don't send out Lowry or DD like the one I suggested, you wouldn't make it? It's a hypothetical question. If we don't want to discuss it then idek why we're talking about Cousins' attitude in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X