Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupe wrote: View Post
    Didn't say there's no difference between their issues. I said that Sheed had issues of his own and was able to become an integral part to a championship team (and some good teams in the late 90s in Portland when he had experienced vets around him like Sabonis, Pippen and Steve Smith).

And again I'll ask. So if a trade was on the table for Cousins where we don't send out Lowry or DD like the one I suggested, you wouldn't make it? It's a hypothetical question. If we don't want to discuss it then idek why we're talking about Cousins' attitude in the first place.
    The answer is I wouldn't trade anything for Cousins. Let him be another team's problem. Let the $200M extension he'll get sink the Sacto franchise so a team can move back to Seattle.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      The answer is I wouldn't trade anything for Cousins. Let him be another team's problem. Let the $200M extension he'll get sink the Sacto franchise so a team can move back to Seattle.

That's where I'm at.

Look, Cousins is very talented. I don't want him on this team. It's not worth the risk.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        I know this is just your opinion vs. my opinion, but you're 100% wrong.
        I'm also going to second this one. I absolutely LOVED playing Football (before I started playing Rugby that is) but it is absolutely a chore to actually watch (actually enjoy watching sports I like significantly less than Football significantly more). I never got how so many people actually enjoy watching it (granted; I've also heard this applied to Soccer as well). Although on the topic of Football, here's an unpopular opinion that I regularly employ: CFL > NFL.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-col...126012739.html

Perspective from a Sacto beat writer on Cousins.

Well Sacramento journalists hate him so there's that

Comment

• Game #40: New York Knicks 101 - Toronto Raptors 116

After knocking off the Nets your Toronto Raptors will take on the Knicks, who beat the Bulls their last time out but have been in a freefall of late. Kristaps Porzingis missed the game due to injury and might not play this game either.

PROJECTED STARTERS

Will the Raptors be able to get off to a fast start? Will they be able to take care of business at home? How many people won't realize the early start time and miss the game? Find out all this and more, next time on Toronto Raptors basketball!

LET'S GO RAPS!!!
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Not taking sides re: boogie. Just a few observations.

Sheed did play a role in malice at the palace, which is on court and one of the worst incidents in league history, if not the worst.
              Didn't Lowry throw Casey under the bus in the post wizards series press conference? More recently, iirc Lowry didn't give a ringing endorsement of resigning Casey.
              Neither guy is an angel but they play with an edge that can lead to winning or cancer imo. Two of my favourite players tho.
              Having said that, boogie is a man-child but he could also be the missing piece for us. Imo boogie at his best moves the needle a lot more than Millsap. I think you have to start with jv + norm tho. The trade could gut us but I think we might attract some David West ring chasers. Also, this might be a joke but the trump admin could make us more of a free agent destination. Probably not but little things like Drake can help.
              Ultimately, he's not going anywhere, anytime soon.

Comment

• I have the day off tomorrow
                OG is our king

Comment

• Oh shit early game.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Oh shit early game.
                    Uh oh, that's the Raptors' kryptonite

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      Not taking sides re: boogie. Just a few observations.

Sheed did play a role in malice at the palace, which is on court and one of the worst incidents in league history, if not the worst.
                      Didn't Lowry throw Casey under the bus in the post wizards series press conference? More recently, iirc Lowry didn't give a ringing endorsement of resigning Casey.
                      Neither guy is an angel but they play with an edge that can lead to winning or cancer imo. Two of my favourite players tho.
                      Having said that, boogie is a man-child but he could also be the missing piece for us. Imo boogie at his best moves the needle a lot more than Millsap. I think you have to start with jv + norm tho. The trade could gut us but I think we might attract some David West ring chasers. Also, this might be a joke but the trump admin could make us more of a free agent destination. Probably not but little things like Drake can help.
                      Ultimately, he's not going anywhere, anytime soon.
                      If by a "role" in the brawl you mean he was on the court, then yes. He was not one of the 9 players suspended, which included on the Pistons side Big Ben and Chauncey, two huge cancers.

And the Lowry things you're bringing up I think you're mixing up in your memory. Casey signed an extension after the Nets series. Lowry gave backhanded criticism after the Wiz loss, the whole "i respect Dwane Casey as a man" quote. I dont really remember him saying anything bad after the Nets series when Casey re-signed.

I have less issue with a player who performs on the court with a high level of leadership by example having friction with his coach, and it's not like Lowry really threw him under the bus in a bad way. It was a quote that could be taken that way on the heels of a really rough playoff loss where we got trounced by a weaker opponent.

Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Jan 14, 2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

If by a "role" in the brawl you mean he was on the court, then yes. He was not one of the 9 players suspended, which included on the Pistons side Big Ben and Chauncey, two huge cancers.

And the Lowry things you're bringing up I think you're mixing up in your memory. Casey signed an extension after the Nets series. Lowry gave backhanded criticism after the Wiz loss, the whole "i respect Dwane Casey as a man" quote. I dont really remember him saying anything bad after the Nets series when Casey re-signed.

I have less issue with a player who performs on the court with a high level of leadership by example having friction with his coach, and it's not like Lowry really threw him under the bus in a bad way. It was a quote that could be taken that way on the heels of a really rough playoff loss where we got trounced by a weaker opponent.

GP: 4
                        PPG: 12.3
                        RPG: 5.5
                        APG: 4.8
                        TS%: 39.6%
                        WS/48: -0.115

That doesn't look like a good performance to me.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Oh shit early game.
                          Maybe D. Rose would not show up lol

Comment

I meant in general in his time here and never specifically referenced the playoff series. Lowry has been a top 20 player and the heart of our team on the court since the 13-14 season.

Oh and btw our predictable offence was at least part of the reason he struggled in that series. Our pitiful high screen and roll offence was destroyed as the Wiz trapped and we had clearly never prepared for a team aggressively trapping even though the Nets did the same thing the previous year in the playoffs. Demar had the highest FG% at a sad 40% out of our perimeter guys.

Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Jan 14, 2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Brought his team to the playoffs though

Comment

I meant in general in his time here and never specifically referenced the playoff series. Lowry has been a top 20 player and the heart of our team on the court since the 13-14 season.

Oh and btw our predictable offence was at least part of the reason he struggled in that series. Our pitiful high screen and roll offence was destroyed as the Wiz trapped and we had clearly never prepared for a team aggressively trapping even though the Nets did the same thing the previous year in the playoffs. Demar had the highest FG% at a sad 40%.

We were talking about Lowry's criticism of Casey after the series. How about reflecting on yourself and your own worthless play instead? You're the best player on the team, step up.

Comment

Working...
                                X