Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    This may be news to some, but intelligently run organizations are much more successful than poorly run organizations. In those 5 decades, when were they intelligently run? Maybe during the Fletcher years, but other than that....?
    "Intelligently run" is a relative term. People once used that term to describe Burke....until he wasn't intelligent anymore

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      "Intelligently run" is a relative term. People once used that term to describe Burke....until he wasn't intelligent anymore
      People once used that term to describe Colangelo....until he wasn't intelligent anymore.

And as pointed out by others, there were pressures from above that influenced behaviour, which doesn't seem to be the case now.

And as far as "people"...."people" don't know shit.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        I know a couple of guys at MLSE and they tell me the biggest change was the sale to Bell/Rogers by the OTPP, which triggered a corporate culture shift that benefitted the sports teams immensely. Leiweke was part of that but, apparently, the biggest change has been that the sports teams are now controlled by the actual sports people hired to run them (i.e. Shanahan, Ujiri) rather than the corporate guys who were constantly meddling and interfering and mandating under the old regime. Interests are much more aligned now.

I'm getting that second hand but it makes sense moving from being run by private equity to large operating corporations.
        Colangelo made a lot of moves - mostly good. But, unfortunately, his bad moves are what caused the franchise to spin its wheels. I highly doubt that OTPP's meddling caused him to hang onto Bargs, sign Hedo, trade for Gay, hire Jay Triano, get nothing for Bosh, etc... BCo seemed to have a rather long leash, IMO. Sure there was that one MLSE bean-counter who didn't like how he wasted money, but that guy was probably right.

Comment

• The Process is questionable tonight. Did not shootaround. Flu symptoms. Noel is probable with an ankle injury

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            The Process is questionable tonight. Did not shootaround. Flu symptoms. Noel is probable with an ankle injury
            Hallelujah! Love watching him work, but that's what league pass is for. I have no problem Making the dog days of the regular season as easy for us as possible
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Damn.. I actually want to see Embiid play. Hope they give DD rest tonight and let Lowry play. DD is a work horse, but even he I'm sure could use a rest day.

Comment

• We rollin' now.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Damn.. I actually want to see Embiid play. Hope they give DD rest tonight and let Lowry play. DD is a work horse, but even he I'm sure could use a rest day.
                  Agreed. Start powell. Our depth is awesome

Comment

• But yeah let's get this W, a chance to gain a full game on cleveland in a 2 day span between their games, 1.0 back after tonight's Win

Comment

• Embiid is already the best C in the game imo. Dude is special.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Can we please, for the love of god, keep all Maple Queaf discussions off this forum? The last thing we need is for our beloved Raptors to be derailed because by the stink of defeat/futility/ineptitude/all around shit associated with the Queafs.
                        ^This
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Embiid is already the best C in the game imo. Dude is special.
                          Yes agreed I think he's next best player on the planet when lebron is 34 and durant and curry hit 30+, turns out Hinkies process thing worked. If simmons turns into an all star caliber plus another lotto pick this year, trade okafor and let noel d up...yikes

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Yes agreed I think he's next best player on the planet when lebron is 34 and durant and curry hit 30+, turns out Hinkies process thing worked. If simmons turns into an all star caliber plus another lotto pick this year, trade okafor and let noel d up...yikes
                            I'd say it's "work-ING", for now.

Tanking would only be proven right when/if the 6ers ever become a real threat in the East, built around Embiid.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Casey does the right thing once in a while

Comment

Working...
                                X