Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Their roster, aside from Davis, is absolutely awful.
    AND injury prone at that.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      Agree with everything you said except the first part.

Wiggins was the consensus #1 pick that year. Also the #1 overall talent. Remember all the LeBron James/ Tracy McGrady comparison? and the Sports Illustrated picture where he was standing beside Wilt Chamberlain? so much hype.

Jabari Parker i think was the consensus #2 pick that year.
      Watching Kansas, which was on Canadian TV a lot that year due to Wiggins, it was clear that at least long term Embid could be the better player. Olajuwon comparisons were Apoarent even back then. He didn't start playing ball until late, he was a volleyball player for heavens sake. Special talent. Great footwork.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        007 is down on the plains of Philly. Lead the charge, Scraptor!
        I've been processed
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          Wiggins was the clear-cut consensus #1 going into that college season for sure. Embiid wasn't even top 10 consideration then.

But at the time leading up to the draft and just before his injury, Embiid was getting just as much #1 consideration as Wiggins and Parker. He was improving at a rapid rate and he became Kansas' best player midway through the college season with such little basketball experience prior. He was getting legit Hakeem Olajuwon comparisons from everyone. That whole LeBron thing died down for Wiggins before the draft.
          The Lebron comparisons were only because he dominated high school. It died down throughout the college season.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            The Lebron comparisons were only because he dominated high school. It died down throughout the college season.
            Yeah I didnt get the lebron comps even then. They don't play even remotely the same. Wiggins is like a poor mans kobe, heck maybe even a poor man's demar (seems to lack killer instinct) lebron is a fucking tight end magic johnson center point wing freak
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I wonder if Sully will start this game.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Yeah I didnt get the lebron comps even then. They don't play even remotely the same. Wiggins is like a poor mans kobe, heck maybe even a poor man's demar (seems to lack killer instinct) lebron is a fucking tight end magic johnson center point wing freak
                I do think Wiggins will/is putting his game together more methodically - like DeMar - which is a pretty scary thought, even if he isn't akin to King James.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  I wonder if Sully will start this game.

I really hope Patterson comes back before they start starting Sully because that is the only way Patterson will continue to be the starter.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    I really hope Patterson comes back before they start starting Sully because that is the only way Patterson will continue to be the starter.
                    a Patterson/Sully back court sounds pretty good
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

I wonder if Sully will start this game.

Probably same as last game. Off the bench with mins restriction
                      OG is our king

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                        a Patterson/Sully back court sounds pretty good
                        Once Sully gets his legs and pat gets healthy I could see them closing a lot of games together.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Once Sully gets his legs and pat gets healthy I could see them closing a lot of games together.

This much is obvious. Should definitely help with those love/frye frontcourts

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            So how do you figure Minny then boyos ?
                            They have last weeks gods gift for those with an attention span of less than 1 day can't miss superstar - Karl Anthony Towns.
                            They actually have the namesake of the TANK FOR WIGGINS campaign at any cost under contract for the next few years.
                            They have the freakish super athletic jump out of the gym phenom Zach Lavine who still struggles to be consistent week to week on his ability to put the basketball in the basket.

And they STILL AREN'T ABLE TO WIN even with a pedigreed coach who 85% of the members of this community twould have traded for in a New York minute for the current guy walking the sidelines in Toronto right now. Minny currently is 25th in a 30 team league with all that talent and rosiness. In fact they were supposed to be in the western confrerence playoffs.
                            But they are not.

And.. Minny just might be in an even better position right now in terms of talent and upside than Philly who has yet to acquire one or possibly two pimple faced 18 to 19 year olds who may or may not pan out.

Just another perspective on the breadth and size of the rainbows coming out of Phillys ass. Improvement is not a straight line linear progression in sports. Shit happens. Guys get hurt (Brandon Roy). Can't miss prospects suddenly stop improving (Marcus Smart). Team chemistry evaporates. Other teams get lucky and find some guy (Giannas) outta nowhere who brings a middle of the pack team hurtling past you.
                            Embiid is good.
                            But Philly has a LONG way to go.
                            I will believe it when I see Philly's name in the playoff bracket in 2019-20 and they are favoured to win the first round matchup.
                            yeah fair enough.

I'm not going to shed a tear if the 6ers don't get good, either. But if they do, expect copycats and expect the league to do something about it.

Comment

• Any insight on who's healthy and available tonight? Or do we have to wait closer to game time? I assume both Bebe and Carroll will be out. 2Pat's a wild card. How is JV? He's the guy nobody seems to be talking about.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Any insight on who's healthy and available tonight? Or do we have to wait closer to game time? I assume both Bebe and Carroll will be out. 2Pat's a wild card. How is JV? He's the guy nobody seems to be talking about.
                                You would think if pat was just cautious rest and not something worse you'd need him now.

Comment

Working...
                                X