Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I wrote: View Post
    When you lose 3 in a row against a 6th seed and 2 teams near the bottom of the standings, it is warranted. This team does need a trade, doesn't have to be for an all-star or to blow up the team, but for someone who can play defense, brings toughness and physicality, 3 things this team lacks.
    In the beginning of the season, I did not want to say what I will say, as It was too early and unjustified, but right now, it is very clear. We have a major problem with this team and simply, It is Casey.
    Casey has let JV looks like an ordinary player, although he is not. We are not using JV in the way that matches his skill. The whole offence is established for the sake of DD and KL. Most of the time JV is performing screens either for DD or KL and that is it. Our offence does not serve JV at all, but every time he gets the ball in the post, something good happens.
    I am not saying anything bad about DD or KL, but I am saying we are wasting the skill and talent of JV - that is why many here think about trading him-.
    If Casey can not utilize JV in the right way, I do not think we will go anywhere in the playoff this season. As long as we insist on the jump-shooting style, we will have more downs than ups in the playoff.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I don't use Facebook, so could someone ask what the hell happened to his defense for me?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        A good example was seeing Sullinger in the corner, spreading the floor for DeMar (sans Lowry). Yet Sully's strengths are his crafty moves and soft touch around the basket, and excellent offensive rebounding. It was sad to see DeMar brick a long 2 and then have Sully try to come all the way from the corner to try to grab the rebound, because it is his natural instinct to go for the rebound. Especially for a Raps team that needs rebounding. He missed of course, starting a Suns fast break with Sully lagging far behind out of position.

As you point out, it's an example of putting other players in a position to fail in order to put Kyle and DeMar in the best position to maximize their offense.
        I have no fucking clue why they're trying to use Sully like he's Patrick Patterson. Casey needs to wake up and look at the percentages; Sully's never crossed 30% from deep in his career. Unfortunately, nobody's allowed to play to their strengths beside the two golden children. Unbelievable

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
          I have no fucking clue why they're trying to use Sully like he's Patrick Patterson. Casey needs to wake up and look at the percentages; Sully's never crossed 30% from deep in his career. Unfortunately, nobody's allowed to play to their strengths beside the two golden children. Unbelievable
          And he's got no legs now coming back from injury...just making things worse

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            pound the rock
            With all that pounding isn't that rock in pieces now?

Comment

• Comment

He's fine from the corners. It's no coincidence that he's 1 for 7 above the break and 1 for 1 from the corner in the past few games. His range has a hard stop to it at about 22', his historical midrange data supports this.

I don't have an issue with Sully sitting in the corner - I have a huge issue with him popping to the three point line on PnR. He's far better off short rolling to 15 feet, where he can take a shot, drive the lane, or make a play for a cutter (putting his playmaking to good use).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I don't use Facebook, so could someone ask what the hell happened to his defense for me?
                  I was debating asking a jv question, or a who's most important after you and demar question, do you realistically think you can beat cleveland, or what's your favorite pizza topping..really tough to narrow down which burning question to hit him with
                  Last edited by KeonClark; Mon Jan 23, 2017, 02:11 PM.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yikes. When it rains it pours.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Antidepressants do not work for me. Jack bottle + Coke though...
                      Usually helps me too

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• RaptorsVictim wrote: View Post
                        In the beginning of the season, I did not want to say what I will say, as It was too early and unjustified, but right now, it is very clear. We have a major problem with this team and simply, It is Casey.
                        Casey has let JV looks like an ordinary player, although he is not. We are not using JV in the way that matches his skill. The whole offence is established for the sake of DD and KL. Most of the time JV is performing screens either for DD or KL and that is it. Our offence does not serve JV at all, but every time he gets the ball in the post, something good happens.
                        I am not saying anything bad about DD or KL, but I am saying we are wasting the skill and talent of JV - that is why many here think about trading him-.
                        If Casey can not utilize JV in the right way, I do not think we will go anywhere in the playoff this season. As long as we insist on the jump-shooting style, we will have more downs than ups in the playoff.
                        Of course Casey is part of the problem, wouldn't say the whole problem. As I said, if the Raptors lose 5 in a row after the Spurs and the Grizzlies, its time to put Casey on the hot seat. I still don't think he is a good coach, I just decided to stay quiet because the Raptors made it to the ECF, and were winning early on in the season, so not much to complain about.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          I was debating asking a jv question, or a who's most important after you and demar question, do you realistically think you can beat cleveland, or what's your favorite pizza topping..really tough to narrow down which burning question to hit him with
                          Pizza Topping.

If he's a pineapple man; you've got the reason for skid right there.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Another Loss coming our way ... This team is in trouble and MU needs to make his move.

Comment

• JV is the man ...we just need to get him more involved on the offence. Enough Guard driven Offience.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                He's fine from the corners. It's no coincidence that he's 1 for 7 above the break and 1 for 1 from the corner in the past few games. His range has a hard stop to it at about 22', his historical midrange data supports this.

I don't have an issue with Sully sitting in the corner - I have a huge issue with him popping to the three point line on PnR. He's far better off short rolling to 15 feet, where he can take a shot, drive the lane, or make a play for a cutter (putting his playmaking to good use).
                                I do have an issue with Sully in the corner in non-Lowry bench lineups when DeMar is getting double teamed and forcing shots. That's when you need a second scorer, and Sullinger fits the bill. At least mix it up with a few post-up plays for Sully, instead of spreading the floor for DeMar every single time.

The bigger point is not specifically Sully in the corner, it's having a "role player" deliberately avoid his strengths in order to maximize DeMar and Kyle's offense, which also causes them to rest on defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X