Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    He's fine from the corners. It's no coincidence that he's 1 for 7 above the break and 1 for 1 from the corner in the past few games. His range has a hard stop to it at about 22', his historical midrange data supports this.

I don't have an issue with Sully sitting in the corner - I have a huge issue with him popping to the three point line on PnR. He's far better off short rolling to 15 feet, where he can take a shot, drive the lane, or make a play for a cutter (putting his playmaking to good use).
    Sure he's okay from the corner but he absolutely should not be sitting out there actively seeking a 3. He's not good enough for that. If he finds himself out there in the flow of the offense every other game then sure, why not. But right now almost 40% of his FGA are threes (same as Powell; which blows his last year rate of 13% away). I don't care where he's shooting from, that's unacceptable.

I agree though that he should be short rolling more often. That's what I was envisioning when he signed here.. This version that's got the green light to shoot from deep is boiling my blood lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      As you point out, it's an example of putting other players in a position to fail in order to put Kyle and DeMar in the best position to maximize their offense.
      Very True. It seems like the other player's strength is not being maximized and in some ways, other players are as you said are put " in a position to fail" for KL and DD to shine !!!

KL and DD are hijacking this team and taking opportunity away from JV and Sully and ...

Time to stop it ...

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
        Very True. It seems like the other player's strength is not being maximized and in some ways, other players are as you said are put " in a position to fail" for KL and DD to shine !!!

KL and DD are hijacking this team and taking opportunity away from JV and Sully and ...

Time to stop it ...
        Fortunately, that trend reversed itself in the playoffs last year and the 'other' guys stepped up. Except that Lowry and DD put themselves in that position to fail.

Comment

• who's ready for the "terrence ross does his best (worst) Demar Derozan impression" game?

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Sure he's okay from the corner but he absolutely should not be sitting out there actively seeking a 3. He's not good enough for that. If he finds himself out there in the flow of the offense every other game then sure, why not. But right now almost 40% of his FGA are threes (same as Powell; which blows his last year rate of 13% away). I don't care where he's shooting from, that's unacceptable.

I agree though that he should be short rolling more often. That's what I was envisioning when he signed here.. This version that's got the green light to shoot from deep is boiling my blood lol.
            This team isn't properly built for Casey's "system". Its clear he wants a guard driven offense surrounded by shooters and a strong rim protector, but the problem is he is trying to turn players who are not shooters into shooters. Basically what the Cavs have except they have the personnel for it. Kyrie and Lebron are the 2 main ball handlers, and they are surrounded by shooters (Love, Frye, Korver, Jefferson, Smith, Shumpert and so on), and a solid defensive C in Thompson.

If Sullinger continues to pick and pop or just stand around the perimeter, watching Lowry or DD do their thing, you're moving him away from his strengths. He should be used as a roller/rebounder with the occasional open 3 point shot, don't turn him into Patterson.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              who's ready for the "terrence ross does his best (worst) Demar Derozan impression" game?
              Naw man, Casey will go Powell instead.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                who's ready for the "terrence ross does his best (worst) Demar Derozan impression" game?
                Ross will most likely still come off of the bench, Powell will start.

Comment

• Kyle Lowrys "ask me anything on facebook" is over...3 minutes of questions such as "how much do u liek demar", "whats your other favorite canadeeein city", "what u liek about toronto"

At the end they asked anything he wanted to say to Raptor fans

"I know its a bit of a struggle right now but we'll be fine. Don't start jumping off of buildings quite yet (GLF). We'll be fine"
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Kwahi will have nothing to do during the game on defense if DD's not playing. I can't see him covering Lowry. And using his talents on Carroll or Ross won't really matter much.

Definitely looking at 4 losses in a row.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post

Depends who he is out there with. Can't have BeBe away from the ball much, defence can cheat a lot. I like Sully in the corner or the short corner with BeBe being the primary screener with bench units. If Sully is on with JV, he can operate from the corner or be the screen setter, with JV sitting in the short corner for a cut or a short midrange jumper (that last option could really save the Raps offence when teams blitz our guards on screen plays - quick pass to Sully at the top of the free throw circle, then Sully/JV go 2-on-1 with only smalls helping). Could work with PP too.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                        This team isn't properly built for Casey's "system". Its clear he wants a guard driven offense surrounded by shooters and a strong rim protector, but the problem is he is trying to turn players who are not shooters into shooters. Basically what the Cavs have except they have the personnel for it. Kyrie and Lebron are the 2 main ball handlers, and they are surrounded by shooters (Love, Frye, Korver, Jefferson, Smith, Shumpert and so on), and a solid defensive C in Thompson.

If Sullinger continues to pick and pop or just stand around the perimeter, watching Lowry or DD do their thing, you're moving him away from his strengths. He should be used as a roller/rebounder with the occasional open 3 point shot, don't turn him into Patterson.
                        Any time i see the words "Casey" and "system" in the same sentence it's hard not to laugh...almost harder not to cry...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                          Pizza Topping.

If he's a pineapple man; you've got the reason for skid right there.
                          I like the pineapple on a bbq chicken pizza...delicious

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Kwahi will have nothing to do during the game on defense if DD's not playing. I can't see him covering Lowry. And using his talents on Carroll or Ross won't really matter much.

Definitely looking at 4 losses in a row.
                            If Pop doesn't have Kawhi on Lowry from the jump it's because he's toying with the Raps. With no DD in, KL can put a complete stop to the offense by just sticking on Kyle.

Comment

• As this season goes on it's looking more and more like the season we lost to the Wiz.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Y'all so pessimistic. The improved ball movement and defense we get out of Derozan resting/healing may be the antidote we need to get back on track. Too many passengers relying on Demar to do it all, and the defense has slipped on the perimeter especially, part of it is Demar, part of it is following Demars lead, and part of it is lackadaisical attitude cause "oh Kyle and Demar will just go score again"

Inject some Powell power into that 2 guard spot and we may awaken the Raptors. Home crowd, losers of 3 straight...these guys aren't about to roll over and die.

Raps 102, Spurs 97. Back in a Toronto groove
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X