Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    There's more game talk when the game starts.

For now, what's your opinion: is a hot dog a sandwich or not?
    It's meat between two buns (and yes, I made that dirty intentionally), so obviously it is a sandwich.

Abbas wrote: View Post
    Just want to point out that pineapple does NOTTTTTTTT belong on a pizza
    Wanna fight about it?
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

... that's almost as bad as someone telling me a pizza was an open faced sandwich.

It is not a sandwich.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post

Wanna fight about it?

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          ... that's almost as bad as someone telling me a pizza was an open faced sandwich.

It is not a sandwich.
          IT'S MEAT BETWEEN TWO BUNS! That almost always qualifies as a sandwich.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            IT'S MEAT BETWEEN TWO BUNS! That almost always qualifies as a sandwich.
            Eat it cold.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

I would not have considered it a sandwich if asked at gunpoint and given 2 seconds to respond (weird situation to be in). However, thinking it over for a couple minutes, I suppose it is technically a sandwich. I've certainly eaten a few hotdogs between slices of bread if I was out of buns which is even more obviously sandwich like. Coming back to the board blind I don't know where this potentially controversial take puts me in relation to the board consensus. If I'm banned, it was nice talking to you all if only briefly, but I'm going to say Yes.

Comment

• Olives and artichokes are fruits.
                I'm not into wine but I've read you can reinvent pizza with wine and cheese to incorporate fruit.
                For example, a thin, crisp, cracker crust, topped with pesto, expensive cheese and then fruits like dates, cranberries, etc. You can add nuts and meats as well. Then whatever wine you like to pair.

Comment

• tsc8 wrote: View Post
                  I would not have considered it a sandwich if asked at gunpoint and given 2 seconds to respond (weird situation to be in). However, thinking it over for a couple minutes, I suppose it is technically a sandwich. I've certainly eaten a few hotdogs between slices of bread if I was out of buns which is even more obviously sandwich like. Coming back to the board blind I don't know where this potentially controversial take puts me in relation to the board consensus. If I'm banned, it was nice talking to you all if only briefly, but I'm going to say Yes.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Comment

• hahaha of course I just saw this online

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                        Eat it cold.
                        Lots of hot sandwiches....temperature is not a qualifier for being a sandwich

If anything disqualifies a hot dog it's probably the lack of actual food stuffs between the buns...
                        Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Jan 24, 2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Lots of hot sandwiches....temperature is not a qualifier for being a sandwich

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                          True enough but I'm willing to bet those hot sandwiches are also edible cold.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• According to Oxford Dictionary

"An item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with a filling between them, eaten as a light meal:"

A hot dog is a single breaded entity, therefore not a sandwich. An argument could be made that it falls into the wrap/pita/donair family of foods.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Hot dogs are linked closer to the hamburger and chicken burger, "bbq", backyard reunions and fast food joints.

When I think of sandwiches, I think of lunches, delis, what you pack to school.

Put it this way: has anyone, at any time while making hot dogs, said to you "would you like me to make you a sandwich?"
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Just need to add some pineapple for the win.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X