Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Just need to add some pineapple for the win.

Comment

• Hot dogs are just as much a sandwich as your ham and cheese, Merriam-Webster recently declared. ... But given that the definition of a sandwich is 'two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between,' there is no sensible way around it."May 31, 2016

Subway does not split the roll. They used to. Mr. Sub does split the roll.

Comment

According to Oxford Dictionary

"An item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with a filling between them, eaten as a light meal:"

A hot dog is a single breaded entity, therefore not a sandwich. An argument could be made that it falls into the wrap/pita/donair family of foods.
        If I slice a kaiser roll part way open and put some ham and cheese in there - is that not a sandwich? It's only a single bread product, but sliced open, not unlike a hotdog bun. I think my kaiser/ham/cheese is definitely a sandwich.

This is not exactly the type of conversation I had in mind when I decided to jump back into this board today...

Comment

• tsc8 wrote: View Post
          If I slice a kaiser roll part way open and put some ham and cheese in there - is that not a sandwich? It's only a single bread product, but sliced open, not unlike a hotdog bun. I think my kaiser/ham/cheese is definitely a sandwich.

This is not exactly the type of conversation I had in mind when I decided to jump back into this board today...
          I would say that you simply didn't cut your Kaiser as per Oxford definition, but yes, that's a sandwich. A hot dog bun is intended to be a single entity, like a taco.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Thread of the decade!

Comment

• 2pac is ready

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                Thread of the decade!
                The dog days of the basketball season...or is it the sandwich days?
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

2pac is ready

2pac is not alive, let it go.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    2pac is not alive, let it go.
                    Ok

Comment

• If you put $100 on last night's underdog wins, you'd be $2,860,654 richer. Wow.

Comment

• Amazingly during this 3 game losing streak, we haven't lost ground to cleveland or Boston as they've struggled as well. Would be great to pick up a surprise win tonight and get back on track. Patterson back, sullingers 4th game, powell in over derozan...great chance to see some nice team oriented offense and hard smart defense...let's see if we can cure what ails us
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• "Leonard sat out the last game due to a sore hand and his status for Tuesday's matchup against the Raptors is in question."

Comment

I would say that you simply didn't cut your Kaiser as per Oxford definition, but yes, that's a sandwich. A hot dog bun is intended to be a single entity, like a taco.
                            Yeah intention definitely matters.

A calzone is a single entity and therefore not a sandwich. But if you put a wiener in it, does that make it a hot dog?

Comment

"Leonard sat out the last game due to a sore hand and his status for Tuesday's matchup against the Raptors is in question."
                              He'll play. Don't go get your hopes up

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                Yeah intention definitely matters.

A calzone is a single entity and therefore not a sandwich. But if you put a wiener in it, does that make it a hot dog?
                                You're hurting my brain. I came here to talk pineapple. Not challenged philosophically.
                                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                                X