Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
    It was a bad performance, but of course he has no confidence. It's been systematically eroded ever since he was a rookie, because he had such a short leash.

Meanwhile we played DeMar through whole years of bad play until he grew increasingly confident. It's no coincidence.

You live up to what's expected of you.
    A lot of victim terminology right there.
    Time for JV to put on his big boy pants ...

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      LMAO all of you bitching about JV passing on that play. If he had taken that shot and missed, y'all would be on his ass for taking the shot.

He had a bad game no doubt. His defense on LMA was amazing though.
      Except he didn't guard Aldridge tho lol. Bebe/sullinger did.
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

LMAO all of you bitching about JV passing on that play. If he had taken that shot and missed, y'all would be on his ass for taking the shot.

He had a bad game no doubt. His defense on LMA was amazing though.
        Jangles wrote: View Post
        Jv didn't have it tonight. Good chance he gets stripped in that scenario.
        Perhaps.. but thats not what I am on my soapbox about...

Its about being tough and not being soft...
        JV should have bulldozed down the lane and made someone wonder if they had enough health insurance insurance if they were going to step in.... Fer Chrise sakes he is the biggest stud they have... Play like it....play tough...
        If he was standing still when he got it thats one thing.. maybe pass it out and repost..but he was moving down the open lane and the ball hit him right in the hands in stride...you just have to go
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jan 24, 2017, 11:06 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          Except he didn't guard Aldridge tho lol. Bebe/sullinger did.
          Did so in the 4th Q. Many times. Spurs ran many plays for LMA in the low post and he did pretty well.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
            It was a bad performance, but of course he has no confidence. It's been systematically eroded ever since he was a rookie, because he had such a short leash.

Meanwhile we played DeMar through whole years of bad play until he grew increasingly confident. It's no coincidence.

You live up to what's expected of you.
            Lol. Spin spin spin.

Did you watch the Olympics? How long has JV played international ball? He's been playing basketball damn near all his life.

You guys amaze me. Everyone else has to earn their way. Demar paid his price. Norman Powell and TRoss paid theirs as well. Lowry paid his price. Every player's experience is not the same. Demar was destroyed by many on here for years, few thought he was even good, let alone become the player he is today....

JV on the other hand isn't expected to carry the offence. But could you at least shoot 30 percent in a game vs. Aldridge and a bunch of d-leaguers in a game we need in order to avoid 4 straight losses? Nope.

Comment

Did so in the 4th Q. Many times. Spurs ran many plays for LMA in the low post and he did pretty well.
              He did 4/5 times. Fouling him twice, and getting help defence on the others

He was average at best on that end at best...
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

JV should have bulldozed down the lane and made someone wonder if they had enough health insurance insurance if they were going to step in.... Fer Chrise sakes he is the biggest stud they have... Play like it....play tough...
                I thought JV made the right play. Ross did not have to shoot that ball though. He should've passed it to Lowry. Let Lowry create something.

My biggest issue with JV tonight was his post up game(can't do anything with his defence so i'm not even gonna bother). JV still doesn't know how to post up.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Yeah I'm not saying he's the reason we lost the game. I just expected to see Jonas "aggressive as fuck" Valanciunas. He looked sad tonight. Physically is important in this game.
                  This is exactly how I feel as well. Obviously, JV isn't the reason why we lost.....There's plenty of blame to go around. Just disappointed that he went 2/7 with 4 turnovers and looked passive at times when he could've been more aggressive and assertive. Oh well, on to the next one!
                  Last edited by special1; Tue Jan 24, 2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      I thought JV made the right play. Ross did not have to shoot that ball though. He should've passed it to Lowry. Let Lowry create something.

My biggest issue with JV tonight was his post up game(can't do anything with his defence so i'm not even gonna bother). JV still doesn't know how to post up.
                      Going to let it go... Its done and over and off to the next game in Memphis...
                      Its always easier from my chair in the media room rather than being on the floor with a split second to make a decision...
                      - TGO

Comment

• jonas was pretty bad tonight. End of.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• The player that we should be talkin more about is Carroll. Seriously, how bad is this guy?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            The player that we should be talkin more about is Carroll. Seriously, how bad is this guy?
                            He's not fun to pick on I guess.. even though his standard of bad is unplayable.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

If he was standing still when he got it thats one thing.. maybe pass it out and repost..but he was moving down the open lane and the ball hit him right in the hands in stride...you just have to go
                              You gotta cool down a bit there, Demo. We're all pretty pissed, but JV barreling down the lane from the top of the key would only end one way, and we all know it. A dumb-ass charge. This entire team is programmed to kick the ball out to guards. JV made the right play for the Raps system. It's been drilled into the role players. Get the ball immediately to the guards and position yourself for the OREB.

What surprised me the most about the play is that the Raps got the ball with 22 seconds left and never called a time-out. I was fully expecting CoJo to dribble out 20 seconds and give the ball to Lowry with 1.8 seconds left for the last shot.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                You gotta cool down a bit there, Demo. We're all pretty pissed, but JV barreling down the lane from the top of the key would only end one way, and we all know it. A dumb-ass charge. This entire team is programmed to kick the ball out to guards. JV made the right play for the Raps system. It's been drilled into the role players. Get the ball immediately to the guards and position yourself for the OREB.

What surprised me the most about the play is that the Raps got the ball with 22 seconds left and never called a time-out. I was fully expecting CoJo to dribble out 20 seconds and give the ball to Lowry with 1.8 seconds left for the last shot.
                                Per Post 518...
                                Going to let it go... Its done and over and off to the next game in Memphis...
                                Its always easier from my chair in the media room rather than being on the floor with a split second to make a decision..
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X