Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Per Post 518...
    Going to let it go... Its done and over and off to the next game in Memphis...
    Its always easier from my chair in the media room rather than being on the floor with a split second to make a decision..
    Wise choice. To me this one hurts as bad as the Suns game. Pop just trolled us on our home court with that D-league lineup when we were really desperate for a win.

Comment

• i apologize for the fact that this will just pit the pro's vs the anti's but WTF?! Just got back from the game and after seeing it flow back and forth, the way we use JV is insane. It seemed like almost every other play, the spurs would dump it into LMA in the post. On the rare time he wasn't deep enough, he would pass it out, get deeper and get it right back. Scored or was fouled on most of those play. Maybe he just doesn't have to screen as much as JV but most of the time, if JV got the ball, he would get it somewhere at the 3 point line after setting a screen. The few times he got in the post against LMA in the fourth, he scored or was fouled. The Spurs did it over and over. It's like the Raps didn't know they could. Frustrating as ^%#!

Comment

• Just saw boston got smoked by the wizards. Ahhhhhhhhhh....a bit of relief

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          i apologize for the fact that this will just pit the pro's vs the anti's but WTF?! Just got back from the game and after seeing it flow back and forth, the way we use JV is insane. It seemed like almost every other play, the spurs would dump it into LMA in the post. On the rare time he wasn't deep enough, he would pass it out, get deeper and get it right back. Scored or was fouled on most of those play. Maybe he just doesn't have to screen as much as JV but most of the time, if JV got the ball, he would get it somewhere at the 3 point line after setting a screen. The few times he got in the post against LMA in the fourth, he scored or was fouled. The Spurs did it over and over. It's like the Raps didn't know they could. Frustrating as ^%#!
          You should really give up the hope of JV getting more involved. At this point, it's absolute insanity to expect him to get more touches/shots etc. This is a guard dominated team. A big's job in this team is to set screens, rebound the ball and play defense. That is it and that's what Jonas will ever do. To expect anything more at this point is insanity.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
            You should really give up the hope of JV getting more involved. At this point, it's absolute insanity to expect him to get more touches/shots etc. This is a guard dominated team. A big's job in this team is to set screens, rebound the ball and play defense. That is it and that's what Jonas will ever do. To expect anything more at this point is insanity.
            Unless you're Bargs
            OG is our king

Comment

• I might be alone here, but I thought tonight was encouraging. JV's usage was over 20 (though partly because of some awkward passes forced in to him), and he looked solid enough defensively when he wasn't chained to Sully (hopefully Sully gets his legs soon, failing that Casey really has to start our starting PF). Lowry did his best to carry the load but he was tired and you could tell, plenty of boneheaded mistakes.

Even with that, if Carroll or Sully could hit a dang shot we'd have taken this one (admittedly against a depleted Spurs team, but I don't really care at this point). Good effort by Lowry, JV, CoJo, PP and Ross (even with a couple insanely boneheaded turnovers). BeBe was alright too (good effort defensively on Aldridge in spurts).

I'm guessing they don't just throw tomorrow's game in MEM. Lowry getting rest would be nice. But I figure they play for the win. Hopefully Pat gets the start. Sully can get his legs back with the bench, where he fits in the meantime.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  I might be alone here, but I thought tonight was encouraging. JV's usage was over 20 (though partly because of some awkward passes forced in to him), and he looked solid enough defensively when he wasn't chained to Sully (hopefully Sully gets his legs soon, failing that Casey really has to start our starting PF). Lowry did his best to carry the load but he was tired and you could tell, plenty of boneheaded mistakes.

Even with that, if Carroll or Sully could hit a dang shot we'd have taken this one (admittedly against a depleted Spurs team, but I don't really care at this point). Good effort by Lowry, JV, CoJo, PP and Ross (even with a couple insanely boneheaded turnovers). BeBe was alright too (good effort defensively on Aldridge in spurts).

I'm guessing they don't just throw tomorrow's game in MEM. Lowry getting rest would be nice. But I figure they play for the win. Hopefully Pat gets the start. Sully can get his legs back with the bench, where he fits in the meantime.
                  What's your opinion on Sully-JV lineup?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                    It's theoretically viable (ie the relatively in-shape Sully from training camp could be OK there). With Sully's current shape (which may never get resolved this season), it's kind of terrible, surprisingly moreso offensively than defensively (Sully jacking those threes that he'll never hit is the biggest issue - he'd be better off in the corner or playing more in the midrange), though the defence is bound to get exposed against stretch 4's. Pat is the obvious starter.

Earlier in the year I noted that I would be OK with Sully starting if we got lots of JV+Pat anyway. Tonight we did not get nearly enough of that, and if the silly rotation choice of bringing in Pat and BeBe at roughly the same time is going to continue, that's bad, and they should just start Pat.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Sully is way too fat. He fits better alongside Bebe. Bebe makes up for his slowness and Sully makes up for Bebe's poor rebounding.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Sully is way too fat. He fits better alongside Bebe. Bebe makes up for his slowness and Sully makes up for Bebe's poor rebounding.
                        This I agree with.

More JV and PPatt please. Keep Bebe and Sully together. It just makes sense.

Comment

Wiggins must have been watching his Raps the other night and avenged the phoenix loss

Comment

I agree with all this. Just not sure how amenable Sully will be to not starting. You remember there was a lot of mumbling when Sully was getting closer to returning that he could get some fine tuning in the D league "..if he would agree to that". That quietly went away.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                              Just like the games where both Lowry and Demar sat; other players will just be plugged into their role and everything else will remain the same.Expect to see a lot of Powell-as-Demar in this game.
                              So I didn't get to see the game so ... did my prediction here come true?
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                                So I didn't get to see the game so ... did my prediction here come true?
                                Pineapple on pizza still suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X