Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Well, they also gave up 30 plus in the fourth.
    Ah while true, that's a huge confidence boost you're giving to your opponent by letting them go on that type of run. Playing from behind against a team that's all of a sudden "feeling it" and believes in themselves isn't an easy task.

Comment

• Putting FVV in didn't get Lowry any rest. It was a message to cojo I think. Withought any offence from cojo, fvv gives as good defence. Or better.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        I wonder if ORL would do CoJo + Carroll + 2nd rd for Biz...
        You can wonder as much as you want but there is not trade like that coming our way ...

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
          You can wonder as much as you want but there is not trade like that coming our way ...
          Thank goodness.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            I'm going to copy the following rant from my twitter feed because I am too fucking furious right now to type it all out again.

Seeing lots of Raps fans bemoaning the effort tonight. Effort was questionable at times, but Casey straight up threw this game away.

For 4.5 freaking minutes, Casey had CoJo, DeRozan, Carroll, Siakam and JV out there. Gave up a 19-0 run and were -17 in total. Predictably.

The Carroll-Siakam-JV frontcourt has been a disaster all year. The CoJo-DD backcourt has struggled all year. Let's put them both out there.

At the same time! For half a freaking quarter!

JV and Pat were +20 together. BeBe and Siakam were +9. Why is this difficult? How do you "search" for combinations all game? Geez.

Fuck! I've been coming around on Casey but sometimes he just frustrates the hell out of me. What a game to just flush down the toilet with moronic decision making.
            Damn DD. We should do this as a Starting line up.

KL Powell Ross Patterson JV
            DD and DC coming off the bench

Comment

Thank goodness.
              MU is not a big trade guy ... He is not a reactionary guy. He likes to sit back and slowly evaluate whathe got and make his move in the off season. If there are small, low risk moves, he will make it but nothing big.

Comment

Thank goodness.
                MU is not a big trade guy ... He is not a reactionary guy. He likes to sit back and slowly evaluate whathe got and make his move in the off season. If there are small, low risk moves, he will make it but nothing big.

Comment

• Missed the game, but seems like Casey made questionable/terrible decisions...Surprise surprise...

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Funny thing is all of that goes back to Casey himself.

Next thing you know, he is going to say this team doesn't have the personnel to defend well...

Comment

• Game 48 - Magic @ Raps - Sun Night on TSN4/5

I realized today that Lowry is the best at meaningless threes late in the game

Man always hits late game threes in the final minute when where down 5/6 and it's obvious were Gna lose regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

5 players who will defend, any five.

Lowry, Carroll, DD, Pat, JV - 98 DRTG in this game. Played 11 minutes.
                        Lowry, DD, Ross, Pat, JV - 85 DRTG in this game. Played 7 minutes.

Found some Coach!

Even from a broader perspective:
                        JV and Pat - 96.2 DRTG, 20 MP
                        BeBe and Siakam - 80 DRTG, 3 MP
                        JV and Siakam - 160 DRTG, 8 MP

Why keep looking? You found your 5 guys that will defend, heck your pairs that can defend. And you have to know by now the pairs that definitively will not.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Casey failed the Raps on this one. That 3rd quarter line up was so mind boggling dumb. JV/Siakam and CoJo/DD are the worst combinations on the team (not including Sully). And all four were on the court at the same time.. with Carroll who had a terrible game. 19-0 run against the worst offense in the league.. and there were a couple of timeout/chances where Casey could have swapped a guy out for someone else.. but didn't.

Terrible coaching tonight. Maybe it was the bowtie.

Comment

• Also.. I blame Axel. He got too cocky and jinxed us all.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              Missed the game, but seems like Casey made questionable/terrible decisions...Surprise surprise...
                              The second quarter was a big problem but it went beyond that. The team is not playing good basketball on either end at the moment and there are way too many bystanders game to game. Too many blown assignments, bad fouls, lazy turnovers, poor shots and questionable decisions.

Comment

• Casey lost this game tonight. His rotations were so bad it felt like he wanted to lose the game tonight. Some of the lineups combinations he threw out there were fucked.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X