Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• special1 wrote: View Post
    So now its okay to leave guys WIDE open??? No need to at least get a hand up huh?.....Better to leave him wide open than to get a blow-by by the quick footed Vucevic....lol Incredible
    During that 19-0 run, there were several instances where instead of properly stopping the pick play, JV cheated to cover Vuc instead and the interior got destroyed on those plays. That was bad defence by him. Stopping the drive, and allowing the look from Vuc was the right call (though ideally your PF would help up and your weak side wing would crash the paint to guard the PF until JV can drop into that spot - but you can't expect smart rotations with Siakam, JV AND DeRozan all on the floor).

Like I said, he's shooting 31.8% on wide open threes this year, including last night - so the scouting report going in would have been that Vuc had hit a TOTAL of 11 threes all season, at a 28% clip, all of them classified as open or wide open (with most being wide open). That's not a guy you cheat on pick action to cover on the perimeter.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I checked the 5 man line ups on BBR.. interesting that the CoJo/DD/Carroll/Siakam/JV line up has a positive net rating of 11. I assume that includes last night debacle too.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I checked the 5 man line ups on BBR.. interesting that the CoJo/DD/Carroll/Siakam/JV line up has a positive net rating of 11. I assume that includes last night debacle too.
        This should never happen again. Ever.

Even ignoring how bad JV/Siakam and CoJo/DD are together on their own but both at the same time with Carroll is just asking for trouble. Offensively and defensively. It's bad and there's no excuse for it.

I will admit I didn't watch the game but this line up resulted in a 19-0 run and we lost the game by 1. That's freaking massive.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          This should never happen again. Ever.

Even ignoring how bad JV/Siakam and CoJo/DD are together on their own but both at the same time with Carroll is just asking for trouble. Offensively and defensively. It's bad and there's no excuse for it.

I will admit I didn't watch the game but this line up resulted in a 19-0 run and we lost the game by 1. That's freaking massive.
          Yeah.. I agree.. but still surprised by the numbers. That line up is a positive line up in about 40minutes played this season. I was expecting it to be a negative line up.

Comment

• They are a -7 rating lineup in 44 minutes per NBA.com. In any case, less than 50 minutes of getting away with it to some degree doesn't excuse using a combination that is clearly terrible.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              They are a -7 rating lineup in 44 minutes per NBA.com. In any case, less than 50 minutes of getting away with it to some degree doesn't excuse using a combination that is clearly terrible.
              BBR probably didn't include last night's game then. They were +11 before last night. I hated that line up (posted as such a page or so back). Just interested in seeing what their net rating was as I expected it to be lousy. Just surprised that it was positive.

Comment

BBR probably didn't include last night's game then. They were +11 before last night. I hated that line up (posted as such a page or so back). Just interested in seeing what their net rating was as I expected it to be lousy. Just surprised that it was positive.
                Yeah, small samples can do funny things, especially this late in the year (meaning those minutes have come in tiny spurts spread across months of games).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Also.. I blame Axel. He got too cocky and jinxed us all.
                  Axel tried his best, but role players aren't consistent game to game. That's why they're role players (... ducks). What happened to our all-stars? Ride or Die with Joey and DanH. lol.

Comment

• Game 49: New Orleans Pelicans 106 - Toronto Raptors 108

Probable Starters

Toronto
                    PG - Kyle Lowry
                    SG - DeMar DeRozan
                    SF - DeMarre Carroll
                    PF - Patrick Patterson
                    C - Jonas Valanciunas

New Orleans
                    PG - Jrue Holiday
                    SG - Buddy Hield
                    SF - Solomon Hill
                    PF - Dante Cunningham
                    C - Anthony Davis

Performance tracker: odds of Raptors winning game = 68%

Fun facts:

The Pelicans have the 5th worst offence in the league, and have a sub-100 ORTG on the road (2nd worst road offence in the league). I mean, the Magic had the second worst offence in the league, and that didn't help much, but still.

The Pelicans are a top 10 defensive team. Roll out lineups with no spacing and these guys will throttle us worse than the Magic did.

The Pelicans rarely turn the ball over, so one major advantage the Raptors typically have will likely be nullified, though the Pelicans do show increased turnovers on the road (still a top 10 team though).

The Pelicans like to play fast, with a top 10 pace in the league. Slow the game down on them, make them execute an offence.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• No gifs?

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                        No gifs?

Yesterday's disastrous game had TWO gifs in the game thread.

Between another game like that, and a paddlin', I'll take the paddlin'.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Just win the game.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Jrue Holiday has been pretty huge lately for the Pelicans. Our perimeter defence needs to be better on him if we are to stand a chance. With his size and speed, he's a tough cover at the point which is why he's been nearly 20/10 lately. 3 of his last 4 games have had double digit assists, with scoring output of 33, 14, 23, 26.

If we continue to concede the point of attack, we are going to really struggle to make stops in this one.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Just win the game.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                              I second this motion
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Yesterday's disastrous game had TWO gifs in the game thread.

Between another game like that, and a paddlin', I'll take the paddlin'.
                                Haha fair enough. Although both gifs were gold. #NoRegrets

Comment

Working...
                                X