No announcement yet.

Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kyle lowry ain't no spot up shooter he aint gotta run to the corner to shoot like hes some 3rd option bitch this aint jj redick this is a fuckin god human steph curry come again only this time hes not a fuckin pussy pull up from the fuckin logo and fight you at the same time
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      That's the point, you don't go by a single week or two to determine who is what or the Cavs would be worse than the Sixers by your criteria. The reality is teams go through slumps and the Pelicans are NOT a good team by whatever flawed rationale you would like to make.
      If you're versing a team on a single night then their recent play is much more indicative of how hard they'll be than their record for the season. Our record is good, but we're playing like shit recently so it's not that difficult to beat us. The Heat have a terrible record but they've won 8 straight, so if we versed them tomorrow it'd be a tough game. You wouldn't say "The Heat are 11 games under .500, this should be easy."

EDIT: You might say that actually, but you'd be wrong.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        But then by your rationale, Are the raptors not good team going through a slump?
        They are still a good team lol that's a fact.

Slump or no slump, the Raptors are not a crappy lottery team like the Pelicans. Just like a couple of wins here or there don't make the Pelicans a good team. It's just logic.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
          kyle lowry ain't no spot up shooter he aint gotta run to the corner to shoot like hes some 3rd option bitch this aint jj redick this is a fuckin god human steph curry come again only this time hes not a fuckin pussy pull up from the fuckin logo and fight you at the same time
          LOL yep.

Lowry should be the only touching the ball in crunch time. Unless they force the ball out of his hands, I want him taking a goddamn shot

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
            If you're versing a team on a single night then their recent play is much more indicative of how hard they'll be than their record for the season. Our record is good, but we're playing like shit recently so it's not that difficult to beat us. The Heat have a terrible record but they've won 8 straight, so if we versed them tomorrow it'd be a tough game. You wouldn't say "The Heat are 11 games under .500, this should be easy."

EDIT: You might say that actually, but you'd be wrong.
            Don't try and twist things to fit your arguement lol

1. I never said this should be an easy win
            2. You're comparing the Pelicans play to the red hot Heat....ugggh the Pelicans are 4-6 in the last 10, they have still been playing like the losers they are despite a nice W here or there and are still a crappy lottery team. Your logic fails on both counts.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
              They are still a good team lol that's a fact.

Slump or no slump, the Raptors are not a crappy lottery team like the Pelicans. Just like a couple of wins here or there don't make the Pelicans a good team. It's just logic.
              I think you're arguing about whether a team is good over a season whereas I'm talking about playing for a single night, I'm obviously not suggesting the Pelicans are overall a good team in the grand scheme of things, but they have shown the ability to beat good teams recently so it's not like this was going to be a cake walk.

Comment

• Just watched more of that LBJ barkley drama. Man I can't stand lebron. I also can't stand durant which sucks, cause now I'm basically hoping pop and kawhi can come up with a miracle upset in june
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Good win, showed some much needed mental toughness despite all the mistakes. It's no small feat to limit Davis the way we did, so kudos to our bigs.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                    I think you're arguing about whether a team is good over a season whereas I'm talking about playing for a single night, I'm obviously not suggesting the Pelicans are overall a good team in the grand scheme of things, but they have shown the ability to beat good teams recently so it's not like this was going to be a cake walk.
                    Your single leg to stand on is they got the Spurs and a very badly slumping Cavs team....and ignoring they are still only 4-6 in their last 10. This not some team catching fire like the Heat or to a lesser degree the Sixers. Good teams can still have an off night and lose to them yes.

But let's not act like 1. the Pelicans are a tough team because yes they are a garbage lottery team and are STILL playing at a relatively low level as indicated by their record in the last 10 and 2. this is more about OUR play and how tough we make this look to win games even against bad teams. We have looked terrible the past few weeks (doesn't mean we are a bad team) and my original statement was about how hard it seems for us just to get a W against a bad team (which they most certainly are). You made as if it's not a true statement when it is.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      i thought it did
                      It's really hard to tell on the angle we got, but it did look like it mostly bounced inbounds. Still a terrible call. The whistle was quite late. That makes it much more questionable to make that call, because it makes it feel like the ref didn't see the play but blew his whistle for some reason.

Comment

• Kyle fucking Lowry.

He's probably the only reason I forgiven BC for drafting Bargnani.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Kyle fucking Lowry.

For the most part, that's how you"trade for an all star". You find one undervalued that isn't an all star yet but you see something special in. That's how the spurs got kawhi, that's how Boston got Thomas. Masai needs to pull off one of those
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Kyle fucking Lowry.

took raps at -1.5! PHEW!!!!!

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              took raps at -1.5! PHEW!!!!!
                              Haha. Good for you mate.

I kinda expected "a runaway" start for the Raptors. Took -4 Raps 1st half. I never chase back losses, so didn't take +9.5 Raps at half time

I must have such a bad record when I bet on the Raptors... Fuck my heart. lol.
                              Last edited by rocwell; Wed Feb 1, 2017, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• So CoJo was a -18 with 3 assists, 1 turnover and 2 points on 1/6 shooting. Guy is garbage. I think it's the system.. only thing that makes any sense, but man.. how can he be worse than GV? At least GV could score and give you some Yolo moments.. he was the guy that scored the game tying shot in game 1 against Washington. Got spanked in OT but he still helped us get us there. I'm afraid anytime I see CoJo get into the game.

Casey is too stubborn to fix it (we have two capable PG's rotting on the bench).. . we need Masai to force his hand. We can just duck tape his mouth, hands and feet up and just ship him back to San Antonio.

Comment

Working...
                                X