Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    They were bad but you've got to give IT credit. He was RELENTLESS in the 4th. I wish Lowry was like that. He made some clutch shots but he was also a little passive.

This.is where they really miss DD. DD is the team's closer.
    Demar is our most unstoppable player.

He's used to double/triple teams.... it's nothing. Plus, they can't just focus on Lowry with Demar here. Hopefully, Demar comes back healthy because we stand no chance without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Another player that keeps disappointing - Ross. He always disappears when you need him the most.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

He's used to double/triple teams.... it's nothing. Plus, they can't just focus on Lowry with Demar here. Hopefully, Demar comes back healthy because we stand no chance without him.

This is why I feel if Demar ever plays with Lebron and 3 point shooters around him, he would be even more unstoppable and fill the roll better than Irving as teams will have to choose to either double team lebron or him
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• What do you think we could've gotten if we traded JV after his dominate P.O run
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

This is why I wonder why teams can't blitz Thomas, get the ball out of his hands and let the other guys beat you. Celtics role players are pretty meh, actually.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              I agree with that. But i didnt like the way he played in the 4th. I thought he was a little passive.
              Are you being serious? Did you see how they were defending him?

There isn't much he could do....They didn't respect the other players much and the role players seemed scared to do anything and missed open shots.

That's not Lowry's fault.

I guess it's a damned if you do and damned if you don't.... If Kyle forces it, people cry about us being an ISO team and not getting others involved.

Comment

Are you being serious? Did you see how they were defending him?

There isn't much he could do....They didn't respect the other players much and the role players seemed scared to do anything and missed open shots.

That's not Lowry's fault.

I guess it's a damned if you do and damned if you don't.... If Kyle forces it, people cry about us being an ISO team and not getting others involved.

I wish we played defence as well as Boston did down the stretch. But I'm over hoping this defence gets any better. It clearly isn't going to
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  This is why I wonder why teams can't blitz Thomas, get the ball out of his hands and let the other guys beat you. Celtics role players are pretty meh, actually.
                  He is very quick but I do agree it's almost mindboggling that teams don't double and force a guy like Smart or Crowder to try and come up with something.

Comment

• When CoJo's playing this bad, it might actually be worth it to try a smaller guy like VanVleet on Thomas. IT's much too quick for CoJo and Powell.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      I wish we played defence as well as Boston did down the stretch. But I'm over hoping this defence gets any better. It clearly isn't going to
                      You'll just have to accept the fact that we lost our best defensive player (Biz) in the offseason and will never be as good as we were last year.

These guys don't trust each other and you can easily see it. Last year Cory and Kyle knew for sure that if they funnelled their defensive check one way, Biz would be there..... Now? Who knows.

Defense is about communication and I doubt JV and Bebe communicate or are as vocal as Biz was. Also, defence is also about getting that rebound to close out the possession (which Bebe always struggles to do).

So unless you're expecting the rookies to save us, we're just worse off based on common sense.

Comment

• ..............they are just losers through and through..............no heart period except for Lowry.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          When CoJo's playing this bad, it might actually be worth it to try a smaller guy like VanVleet on Thomas. IT's much too quick for CoJo and Powell.
                          OR better idea....USE DELON WRIGHT!!!

Remember our draft pick?! The 6'5 PG we have that was rated as an ELITE DEFENDER in college???

The one that is a much better passer than probably anybody on the roster?? Yeah that guy! I think it's about damn time we give him a chance.

Delon is to Corey what Norm is to Carroll, any time he got decent minutes at the end of last season he proved that and looked far more impressive than Joseph in that short span than I've EVER seen of 3rd string Joseph.

Comment

• Game 51: Toronto Raptors 94 - Orlando Magic 102

No pictures. No gifs. No excuses.

Raptors Projected Starting 5
                            Kyle LoWWWry
                            DeMar Derozan
                            Demarre CarroLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
                            Patrick Patterson
                            Jonas Valanciunas

Magic Projected Starting 5
                            Walmart Brand The Weeknd
                            Mr. I Had A Manbun Before It Was Cool
                            2016 Dunk Contest First Loser
                            Some 42 Year Old
                            Andrew Wiggins' Son

Keys To The Game
                            1. For christ's sake don't let DJ Augustin and Jeff Green go off.

2. defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense defense

3. Give Carroll's minutes for Powell, Cory's minutes to anyone not named Cory Joseph and switch Casey out for DanH.

Comment

• A game thread by someone other than Joey, DanH or Axel?

Comment

• I said this before and i'll say it again: We need KL and DD to play at a high level EVERY GAME for us to win. It's tough when one is injured or one is having an off night.

Our role players are absolute garbage. Lowry played well tonight but he didn't get any help. Sullinger played well i guess. But Joseph and Carroll keeps disappointing.. Ross keeps disappearing in games where they need him the most. PP continues to struggle shooting the ball in the clutch.....i can go on and on.
                                Last edited by The Great One; Thu Feb 2, 2017, 12:06 AM.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X