Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Slumping? they're 8-11 in their last 19 games.
    And 2-7 in their last 9 games.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post

Also I am so pissed with Carroll. I'm getting used to the missed 3's and layups but his defense has been terrible too. He over commits so much, chasing who ever he is supposed to guard without communicating. So many plays late in the 4th he would leave his man wide open to go help on another player when he doesn't need to. Also he fell asleep on defense and allowed Brown to go for an easy alley-opp late in the game which is just inexcusable.
      Yup!! I honestly don't think I've hated any Raptor as much as him. First he falls asleep against Brown then he walks off Thomas to go guard Crowder. Check and mate. Disgraceful

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        Yup!! I honestly don't think I've hated any Raptor as much as him. First he falls asleep against Brown then he walks off Thomas to go guard Crowder. Check and mate. Disgraceful

That was so stupid. I mean, seriously, why the hell would you leave ISAIAH THOMAS alone? Powell is already guarding Crowder. There's no need to double team him. And I don't think Powell needs any help.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Honestly, I want Boston in the playoffs. We can beat this team.
          I don't. Once they have Avery Bradley back that gives them two very good perimeter defenders (Crowder/Smart) to pair on the court at all times.

Bradley is also scoring 17.7 PPG with 6.9 RPG and is considered a DPOY candidate (although unlikely to win). That gives the Celtics much better versatility to guard Demar and Kyle and Demar coming back doesn't help us stop IT - to which we have no answer.

We could certainly beat them but they could certainly beat us. Not a team I'd want to play.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• For a solid 2+ years I would turn on the TV in the 4th quarter, and we're down 10 and I'd have the full confidence that we'd still win. That is no longer the case. The Raptors have once again become the team where I would turn on the TV in the 3rd quarter and the Raptors could be up and I would still expect a loss.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              Be careful who you ask for.... I remember fans wanted Washington in 2014-15 playoffs.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              We wanted WAS because we thought we could beat them.

I want BOS this year because I want the pleasure of seeing their season end at the hands of our guys. There's no easy matchup in the 2nd round, but that would be one heck of a series (that, indeed, I believe we would win, but that's kind of secondary).
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I want BOS this year because I want the pleasure of seeing their season end at the hands of our guys. There's no easy matchup in the 2nd round, but that would be one heck of a series (that, indeed, I believe we would win, but that's kind of secondary).
                The way we're playing, there's no easy matchup in the 1st round either.

Comment

• This game was as stacked as it could be against the Raps, and the Celtics barely held on. Road game, back to back (after OT), Patterson minutes limit, crappy reffing, no DeMar, cold shooting from 3 and from the line (those aren't shots the defence is affecting).

Oh, well. Scheduled loss, and we'll make up the ground to take 2nd back over the next 10 games.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    The way we're playing, there's no easy matchup in the 1st round either.
                    You mean if DD is hurt? And Pat is, or on a minutes limit? And Casey goes insane for stretches with his rotation (yeah, that one could definitely happen). Yeah, I agree.

I'm not seeing the big concerns everyone else seems to be, though. This team should be the easy favourite in a first round matchup if they are healthy.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

This is the second round matchup ...Raps are going to finish 2 or 3. Be nice to have the home court but it will be good either way..

Boston is Isiah Thomas..period..the end..full stop. If the Raps cant neutralize one guy in a series they can plan for they deserve to lose.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• People complaining about role players being inconsistent with DeRozan out. Roles have changed. When you take a 34% USG guy, like DeMar out of the lineup, it's going to affect everything from Lowry's workload, to Powell handling the ball more (i.e. turnovers) to where other guys are getting their looks. Casey explains....

“We all know our role, we know that Kyle and DeMar get the bulk of the offence,” Patterson said. “We fill as is . . . We know what we have to do. And we’ve got to do better. We’ve got to do a lot better.”

No matter what Lowry and DeRozan do — and they have earned their status as the engines that drive the team — they need help.

“I think we’re a little out of sync. Some of our role players are starting, playing big minutes because of injuries,” Raptors coach Dwane Casey said this week. “Now their chemistry is off a little bit. The reasons and excuses are not important, but that is (the case).

“I don’t know if it’s a lack of effort. It’s a lack of chemistry more than anything else, if that makes sense. They’re off. Their plus-minus has been down for the last couple of weeks. And I would say that it would be attributed to their lack of chemistry.”
                        What is encouraging is that if DeMar was actually out for an extended period of time, I think this team is deep enough to fully adapt and still be a top 3-4 team in the conference.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          What is encouraging is that if DeMar was actually out for an extended period of time, I think this team is deep enough to fully adapt and still be a top 3-4 team in the conference.
                          it wouldn't be an easy task as whole OFF system should be re-constructed differently, as no-one can copycat DeMar in his exact role.
                          and Casey being who he is... Kyle will just die on the court from exhaustion playing the same style

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            People complaining about role players being inconsistent with DeRozan out. Roles have changed. When you take a 34% USG guy, like DeMar out of the lineup, it's going to affect everything from Lowry's workload, to Powell handling the ball more (i.e. turnovers) to where other guys are getting their looks. Casey explains....

Still that quote is hogwash from Casey imo. I don't wanna hear problems with chemistry or on injury or 2 on Feb 2. Everybody in the league is pretty banged up, guys out. This whole group has also been together at least 2 years. Some games have had bad substitutions and bad reffing, a lot of ice cold 3 pt shooting, and basically all since christmas have had bouts of awful defensive strategy and communication. But don't sit here and whine about minor injuries and chemistry. Youve had this team for years dwane. Figure it out.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Still that quote is hogwash from Casey imo. I don't wanna hear problems with chemistry or on injury or 2 on Feb 2. Everybody in the league is pretty banged up, guys out. This whole group has also been together at least 2 years. Some games have had bad substitutions and bad reffing, a lot of ice cold 3 pt shooting, and basically all since christmas have had bouts of awful defensive strategy and communication. But don't sit here and whine about minor injuries and chemistry. Youve had this team for years dwane. Figure it out.
                              Thing is, it's a very good team but it's a very good team with a small margin of error. You can say 'figure it out' but figuring it out with this team requires it to be at or very close to full strength, DD and Lowry playing at a high level, different role players stepping it up game-to-game, maximum effort every night and an unwavering commitment to fundamentals.

If any one piece of that mix breaks down, this quickly becomes a very mediocre team.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                If any one piece of that mix breaks down, this quickly becomes a very mediocre team.
                                Which isn't very encouraging for the playoffs. Over-coming adversity is a huge part of being a champion and it doesn't really look like we have that in our makeup.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X