Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    But again, what you're implying is that Aldridge + scrubs shouldn't be able to beat the #2 team in the East on their homecourt convincingly, without Kawhi/Gasol/Parker, when the Raps were hungry for a win.

Spurs don't have Timmy D anymore. Ginobili is done and Gasol and Parker are close behind. Aldridge is good, but arguably a 3rd tier, one-way pseudo-star.

So, whether you want to call it systems, or coaches who can adapt their style of play over time to maximize more of their roster beyond obvious star players, then you're really just into semantics and splitting hairs. That Spurs team that rolled into town this season was in no way, shape or form a deep & talented team, whereas the general NBA consensus is that one of the Raps great strength is their depth.
    Perhaps we are over-analyzing ONE game. We played like shit, SA played well. Period. It's just 1 game and we are currently in a prolonged slump.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Oh yeah this is good! This is so good! I don't think JV meant any harm there, but oh man this is fucking good! I love this. East Conf. is fun this year!

Comment

Yeah thats what we told Crowder the couple of times we wooped you.

Comment

• I want Celtics in the playoffs so bad.

And I don't even care if they're better.

Just imagine series with them. WOW.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              Well we're only 0.5 games ahead of Washington now... gulp.
              Hawks won tonight too, so only one ahead of the Hawks. We're 1-1 with them, so our last game with them on March 10th might end up being important.

Hope DeMar can get back to help with the load.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                Magic Projected Starting 5
                Walmart Brand The Weeknd
                Mr. I Had A Manbun Before It Was Cool
                2016 Dunk Contest First Loser
                Some 42 Year Old
                Andrew Wiggins' Son
                Careful, that 42 year old might be on our team before long

Comment

Great stuff. The only reason for keeping Carroll on this team is a potential dreadlocks brawl with Crowder.

Sad thing is that the Raps are now only 2 games in the loss column ahead of the Pacers. WTF. We're racing for 5th!

Comment

He says, begging the universe for karmic retribution.

What's that Isaiah, you snuck out a last minute win against a team missing their top scorer on the road on a back to back after an overtime game?

I can't wait to smash these guys in the playoffs, though a nice ass-kicking right after the all star break will tide me over.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      Great stuff. The only reason for keeping Carroll on this team is a potential dreadlocks brawl with Crowder.

Sad thing is that the Raps are now only 2 games in the loss column ahead of the Pacers. WTF. We're racing for 5th!
                      Relax. Team will get healthy, schedule is easing up big time. We'll be back in 2nd before you know it.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Relax. Team will get healthy, schedule is easing up big time. We'll be back in 2nd before you know it.
                        I dunno, January's schedule wasn't exactly murderers row. Other than two games vs the Spurs, and maybe the Rockets game (which we won) then we didn't really face any elites and had quite a few cream puff matches.

We played a lot of teams we should have beaten and didn't. If the team doesn't start taking care of business, then February could be much more of the same.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          I dunno, January's schedule wasn't exactly murderers row. Other than two games vs the Spurs, and maybe the Rockets game (which we won) then we didn't really face any elites and had quite a few cream puff matches.

We played a lot of teams we should have beaten and didn't. If the team doesn't start taking care of business, then February could be much more of the same.
                          With injuries to Pat (plus minutes restrictions of late) and DD, trying to work a useless Sully into the rotation, and some temporary (hopefully) insanity with respect to frontcourt pairings, the suppressed record of late is understandable. Hopefully most of that is behind us.

Pretty sure we lost that Rockets game. Cream puffs in Jan: Lakers (W), Nets (W), Knicks (W), Nets (W), 6ers (L), Suns (L), Bucks (W), Magic (L), Pelicans (W). That's 6-3 against creampuffs. And you are right, that's disappointing, but that's not exactly terrible either.

Then there were a bunch of games against real competition (teams ranging from within shouting distance of .500 and a playoff spot to elites): Spurs (L), Bulls (L), Rockets (L), Celtics (W), Hornets (L), Spurs (L), Grizz (L), Celtics (L). 1-7 against real competition is where the injuries and terribleness has really shown itself.

Which is why the record should turn around nicely over the next stretch, especially as Pat increases his minutes, Sully gets into better shape (and if he played mostly off the bench, he's much better there), and DeRozan returns. Look at this murderers' row:

ORL, BKN, LAC, MIN, DET, CHI, CHA, BOS, POR, NYK. That's 5 creampuffs, only 2 games against top teams (BOS and LAC), and 3 games against mediocre teams (but who have a combined record 7 games below .500). Plus plenty of rest over all star break to really help with injury recovery. Compare that to 9 creampuffs, 6 games against elites, and 2 games against the mushy middle last month.

Obviously the team needs to play better, but that's about as favourable a schedule as you could ask for.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            I want Celtics in the playoffs so bad.

And I don't even care if they're better.

Just imagine series with them. WOW.
                            Agreed. I want them in the second round. And I want to sweep them.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• cant wait to see my dad tn !!

I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post

Last Spurs game was a pretty bad loss since they were missing 3 starters: Kawhi, Parker & Gasol.

Comment

Working...
                                X