Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbas wrote: View Post
    With Derozan's return, Raptors win 3 in a row which helps them regain their confidence

With the return of their confidence, Sky is the limit.
    Oh, I see. Automatically assumed you meant Brooklyn was starting a 10 game winning streak.

Comment

10 game winning streak

Mark my words
      In before the Raps lose to the Nets...

Comment

10 game winning streak

Mark my words
        Anything less and you're banished buddy

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Not sure if this is connected or not.. but when the Raptors lose, I always see green.

I hope you declare bankruptcy in june
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            I'm trying to let you understand that even with Derozan, we are far away from beating true contenders, you can also even include the Clippers. How about their usual nemesis (Bulls and the Hornets). On all those losses, Derozan was out there Healthy and Able to practice his Coach's vision of Isolation Basketball.
            Right.....Forgive me if I still don't see your point. There are only 3 true contenders in my opinion (GSW, Cavs and Spurs). We are not going to beat any of those teams with this roster.

We used to put up a fight against contending teams most of the time and have beat some of them last year. This year our defence is just so much worse that we don't stand much of a chance.

We're now losing to teams we should be beating.

Funny how you go on tirades about Demar being so bad and saying we should trade him and how we'd be better without him and now that he's not playing you have nothing.....

I'm not sure what you understand at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I hope you declare bankruptcy in june

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                This team is not a contender, let's hope they make the playoffs, they are on a roll,loosing ton of games, I can't believe I'm saying this, but lately they look like the Knicks..pathetic..
                saw that thing about the Knicks: Raps looks like grumps against the Knicks, just so you know. Wish the Raps would have the coaching and the front office comparable to Knicks. And the talent. And the team play. Don't compare the Raps to the Kicks.

Comment

• Cavs are struggling
                  Rockets are struggling
                  Raptors are struggling

Interesting.

Comment

• It's funny how both our prized FA signings from last off-season, Carroll and CoJo are being vilified now. The concern for both of these guys was that they were "system" guys who wouldn't fit into the Raps 'Kyle & DeMar' show. Seems to have been a valid concern.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      By the same token, DeMar going out is/was also a great opportunity for Casey to show off his coaching skills. Especially for a team considered by many to be one of the deepest in the NBA.
                      You're always saying how we're one of the deepest teams.... Where are you getting this?

I've never heard this but from Raptor fans. There's a HUGE drop from our top 2 players (all-stars) to our 3rd best (if you can even tell the different between 3rd and 5th).

We're weak at SF and weak at PF perennially! Where does this deep crap keep coming from?

Also, when a team loses arguably their best player/scorer they struggle. Period. No coaching staff looks forward to this time.

Coaching skills??.... lmao. You must be joking. There is only one Greg Popovich. You need to give up this notion that coaches can consistently win with scrubs. This is a star's league my friend. The more top end talent the better.

I had a feeling we would struggle without Demar.... now I'm praying Lowry holds up. You can keep waiting for great opportunities to see Casey's coaching skills. lol

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        It's funny how both our prized FA signings from last off-season, Carroll and CoJo are being vilified now. The concern for both of these guys was that they were "system" guys who wouldn't fit into the Raps 'Kyle & DeMar' show. Seems to have been a valid concern.
                        I never liked either signing. If I weren't banned from RealGM you could clearly see that lol

Each one I thought were horrible overpays, I (like many others) was right.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                          Right.....Forgive me if I still don't see your point. There are only 3 true contenders in my opinion (GSW, Cavs and Spurs). We are not going to beat any of those teams with this roster.

We used to put up a fight against contending teams most of the time and have beat some of them last year. This year our defence is just so much worse that we don't stand much of a chance.

We're now losing to teams we should be beating.

Funny how you go on tirades about Demar being so bad and saying we should trade him and how we'd be better without him and now that he's not playing you have nothing.....

I'm not sure what you understand at all.

Derozan exacerbates the problem, I just hope that you would get it sooner than later. Coach encourages poor IQ basketball disease, Derozan is the main carrier of Casey's virus

Comment

Last 5 games at home: 2-3
                            Last 5 games on the road: 0-5
                            L10 games: 2-8

It's all good y'all.

I mean I've been saying it for a long time now... Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity. I don't know what people really expected. Adding Sullinger was a cosmetic move at best and some posters acted like he was the missing link.

Our problems run deeper than that and until they are addressed we're really not that much better than the other non-Cavs teams in the East.

Comment

Cavs are struggling
                              Rockets are struggling
                              Raptors are struggling

Interesting.
                              We are by far struggling the most.

The Cavs have still been .500 over the last 10, the Rockets are 4-6 with 4 of those losses being to GSW, MEM and the scorching hot Heat. We're 2-8 and have dropping games to the Suns, Magic and Sixers. We've looked awful and this is more than the past 10 but almost a month now of terrible basketball. The Cavs are still 1st, the Rockets have 6 more wins than we do and I like our odds the least of any to do anything in the Playoffs, that's for sure.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                                Derozan exacerbates the problem, I just hope that you would get it sooner than later. Coach encourages poor IQ basketball disease, Derozan is the main carrier of Casey's virus
                                You're arguments are old and to be honest, just lazy.

Like most coaches, he obviously prefers the ball moving through the hands of his best players and allows them to read and react. This isn't very different from most coaches (if you actually paid attention).

Comment

Working...
                                X