Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Pascal Siakam is not very good. For all that energy on defence he is often out of position and unsure of what is going on.
    Yup. That's a big reason why he hurts every line up he plays with. Love the energy but it's not enough yet. When he gets it though he'll be good
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Most of JV's success came from the glass. His man was consistently leaving him to give help on Lowry and Deebo. Which means a wing or guard is trying to box JV out. All the defensive focus was on the backcourt. Which allowed the role players to get off.

Also JV should be able that poor frontcourt Indianna had last year.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      Lmao...so untrue...they basically let George, who is admottedly a very good defender, shut down Demar without much help at all. JV was destroying Mahinmi (literally he hurt his back playing the bigger JV), and yes JV abused the smaller team....so you know when we're all pissed at Casey for matching up small/fast? And people like you defend him cuz JV is slow? Well if he had fallen back on that we lose that series. Again, Indy had to start double teaming JV off the ball just to keep him from cleaning up everything around the rim and to deny him the ball inside. And when he was, because Indy could still just guard Demar in single coverage, Demar still couldn't get going. Everyone else started thriving though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Lmao...so untrue...they basically let George, who is admottedly a very good defender, shut down Demar without much help at all. JV was destroying Mahinmi (literally he hurt his back playing the bigger JV), and yes JV abused the smaller team....so you know when we're all pissed at Casey for matching up small/fast? And people like you defend him cuz JV is slow? Well if he had fallen back on that we lose that series. Again, Indy had to start double teaming JV off the ball just to keep him from cleaning up everything around the rim and to deny him the ball inside. And when he was, because Indy could still just guard Demar in single coverage, Demar still couldn't get going. Everyone else started thriving though.

there's no point arguing with christian

Comment

• how many times is JV going to get a cheap blocking foul hedging on the sideline before we learn that it doesn't work?

Comment

If you actually don't think the full defensive focus was to stop Deebo/K-low than there isnt much else to discuss.

Also what big did Indiana have that forced JV to guard perimeter? Which is the reason why he sits against those lineups. JV is a matchup player and that matchup was perfect for him.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun Feb 5, 2017, 02:42 PM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Lol you're arguing against the ultimate demar fanboy. He'll never ever accept any criticism against his precious player.
              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

If you actually don't think the full defensive focus was to stop Deebo/K-low than there isnt much else to discuss.

Did you watch the series? George didn't need help on Demar. And any extra focus given to Lowry opened things up for JV, and as he dominated (remember George having a post game presser basically all abkut how they coupdnt stop JV and they needed an answer for him?) they adjusted to hwlp limit him, which didn't help and opened things up for others. Guys benefiting from extra attention on others is what you want when you play like a TEAM. Bottom line is Demar didnt command that attention and nobody benefited from his play. Anything to suggest otherwise is clearly delusional.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Pascal Siakam is not very good. For all that energy on defence he is often out of position and unsure of what is going on.
                  One word for what you're describing: coaching. He's pretty athletic and mobile for a big guy. He's a rook, he needs more teaching, coaching. At least he's getting on the floor now.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    there's no point arguing with christian
                    I know, its still hilarious though. You'd have to be blind to think Demar was anything but a negative, especially in that first round where even his papa Casey eventually conceded and benched him.

Comment

• FVV & BeBe have a connection.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Poeltl sighting!
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• This Hokey-Pokey thing is annoying.....
                          Axel wrote:
                          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                          KeonClark wrote:
                          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Did you watch the series? George didn't need help on Demar. And any extra focus given to Lowry opened things up for JV, and as he dominated (remember George having a post game presser basically all abkut how they coupdnt stop JV and they needed an answer for him?) they adjusted to hwlp limit him, which didn't help and opened things up for others. Guys benefiting from extra attention on others is what you want when you play like a TEAM. Bottom line is Demar didnt command that attention and nobody benefited from his play. Anything to suggest otherwise is clearly delusional.

Yes, PG was the intial defender and he did a good job on Deebo. It was team defensive effort to stop both Lowry/Deebo. Which than alowwed the role players to get off. That's all I'm saying.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Rand wrote: View Post
                              One word for what you're describing: coaching. He's pretty athletic and mobile for a big guy. He's a rook, he needs more teaching, coaching. At least he's getting on the floor now.
                              Yes but he shouldn't be on the floor right now. Poeltl is further ahead of him for emergency minutes (which is basically what we are needing with Patterson out). Siakam should be last man on call yet Casey seems to prefer him over better options.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

IT comes off screens and uses pnr just like Lowry and Deebo. If IT went down just watch how Celtics would struggle.

I guess that shows how great Brad Stevens is compared to Casey. IT is like 5 foot nothing and doesn't have a secondary star like Lowry and DD have to share the scoring. Celtics have had a slew of injuries, and are still ahead of the Raps.

Comment

Working...
                                X