Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Coaching in the 4th did not make any sense to me. JV i thought played well the first 3 qrts. Then sat pretty much the whole 4th till the last min of the game when they needed a key rebound. Don't get it. I'm guessing for defensive purposes? ok that's fair. But JV was on the floor in the BIGGEST defensive possession of the game - the one where Tyus Jones hit a go ahead 3. Huh?

Another thing, they can't keep using Powell like this. It's completely not fair. Either bench Carroll and start Powell. Or just don't use him at all.

Execution in the 4th too was brutal.
    almost like we could have used our offensively-gifted big man to help our 4th Q execution.

And I don't buy this "defensive purposes" shit, because Bebe was straight shit on Towns all night.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
      casey's interviews are irritating. he continuously assigns blame to anyone but the lowry/demar/casey triumvirate.

Expecting he's going to talk about that failure of a hedge by JV that was utterly predictable and should never have been attempted... but rather than admit that, he'll say something that's vague on the surface but clearly places the blame on our bigs for not hedging hard enough.
      Exactly. That's what he always does. And thats why he'll never learn. You have to be able to see and admit your faults to improve on them.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

casey's interviews are irritating. he continuously assigns blame to anyone but the lowry/demar/casey triumvirate.

Expecting he's going to talk about that failure of a hedge by JV that was utterly predictable and should never have been attempted
        ... but rather than admit that, he'll say something that's vague on the surface but clearly places the blame on our bigs for not hedging hard enough.
        For all those "JV can't guard on the perimeter people", anyone notice how consistently Towns got absolutely destroyed any time he was forced to come out and try to make a play in space on a ballhandler?

Guess if Towns played for us Casey would be benching him in the 4th...

Comment

almost like we could have used our offensively-gifted big man to help our 4th Q execution.

And I don't buy this "defensive purposes" shit, because Bebe was straight shit on Towns all night.
          Bebe was SHIT. He's not really that much of an upgrade defensively.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• came back on to say fuck you to MU aswell, we've all seen this fucking moron demonstrate 40 plus times in his tenure here lose us games yet MU resign him. I wont them both gone and replaces with better people, dont care who it is as long as they understand the game. how is it that 90 percent of the people on this forum call out his lack of playing jv in the fourth who was shooting 100 percent from the feild and the line and did a way better job protecting the paint then bebe (who was getting destroyed) ends up subbing in with 36 seconds left.

words cant explain how bad he is, its so unfair to half to watch this. who the fuck gets a center like val to headge at the 3 point line, even if your doing this teach your team to rotate.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck i could go on for hours but my god I hate casey and mu, im not even using capitols for them, fuck em they get lower case from now on.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              For all those "JV can't guard on the perimeter people", anyone notice how consistently Towns got absolutely destroyed any time he was forced to come out and try to make a play in space on a ballhandler?

Almost as if teams try to force switches for a reason.

The C dwane casey needs for his system literally does not exist.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Oh for sure. No question. Towns actually isnt that great of a defender. He would barely get playing time on our team with that kind of defence
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Also, fuck Wiggins. This guy only shows up against the Raptors and the Cavs. If this guy plays like this every night he'd be in the MVP conversation every year.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
                    came back on to say fuck you to MU aswell, we've all seen this fucking moron demonstrate 40 plus times in his tenure here lose us games yet MU resign him. I wont them both gone and replaces with better people, dont care who it is as long as they understand the game. how is it that 90 percent of the people on this forum call out his lack of playing jv in the fourth who was shooting 100 percent from the feild and the line and did a way better job protecting the paint then bebe (who was getting destroyed) ends up subbing in with 36 seconds left.

words cant explain how bad he is, its so unfair to half to watch this. who the fuck gets a center like val to headge at the 3 point line, even if your doing this teach your team to rotate.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck i could go on for hours but my god I hate casey and mu, im not even using capitols for them, fuck em they get lower case from now on.
                    And the thing is you could see JV wasn't going to hedge and then Casey yelled at him to do it and everything went to shit. Let Wiggins take that shot. Someone would have got a hand up. Its not like he was wide open. But our guards need to start doing a better job at fighting through screens. They give up way too easily and that's why Casey feels the need to have our bigs hedge. We were doing so well last season not having JV hedge. Like why are we going back to that. Can we just hire Greer as our head coach?

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      And the thing is you could see JV wasn't going to hedge and then Casey yelled at him to do it and everything went to shit. Let Wiggins take that shot. Someone would have got a hand up. Its not like he was wide open. But our guards need to start doing a better job at fighting through screens. They give up way too easily and that's why Casey feels the need to have our bigs hedge. We were doing so well last season not having JV hedge. Like why are we going back to that. Can we just hire Greer as our head coach?
                      yeah, again, it's just dwane's guard hegemony. Positions 3-5 are expected to do all the heavy lifting on defence.

Comment

• I'm still pissed that finally Carroll actually played a good on both ends and we just wasted it away lol.

Comment

• It's also crazy how important Patterson is to this team. If Pat played I guarantee we win this game. But its not excuse. We should be able to beat the bottom feeders without him. I think our lack of defence this season and him being our only consistent defender is why we miss him so much. Among other things obviously

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                            It's also crazy how important Patterson is to this team. If Pat played I guarantee we win this game. But its not excuse. We should be able to beat the bottom feeders without him. I think our lack of defence this season and him being our only consistent defender is why we miss him so much. Among other things obviously
                            The issue tonight was Casey's substituion. Not playing JV in the 4th. Putting in ice cold Norman Powell late in the game.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

Almost as if teams try to force switches for a reason.

The C dwane casey needs for his system literally does not exist.
                              If Tyson Chandler was 5 years younger...Very few guys with that combination of size and speed in the history of the game. Most guys who come close end up playing PF because they are skinny and can't take the beating at C. Some are just low talent/IQ players who can't stick. JaVale McGee might have what it takes from a physical standpoint, but he's always had shit for brains and isn't that skilled, so a limited role like what he has in GSW right now is probably ideal.

Comment

• Man i didn't want to believe it but it really is looking like 2014-15. Bad defence, stupid JV-benchings, mind-boggling rotations, idiotic hedging, etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X