Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    The Bebe + smallball lineup has to stop. It's gets murdered in crunch time ever minute it's out there. It's becoming pretty clear to everyone besides Casey that Bebe needs another big beside him to reap any benefit of him being on the floor.
    The weird thing is that he works really well next to JV.

Like, honestly, these rotations need to stop before April.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

JV and Pat. JV and BeBe. BeBe and Pat. BeBe and Siakam. Done. Simple. No other PF/C combinations needed ever. In the short term while Pat is out I will also accept JV and Poeltl. Sully... if you absolutely have to, Sully and BeBe.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Noguiera sucks. This guy is the complete opposite of Biz. Softest big in the NBA. I think Andrea Bargnani is a better rebounder than this guy.
        As for the Bargs comparison...

Career ORB%: 4% Bargs vs 9% BeBe
        Career DRB%: 15% Bargs vs 17% BeBe

Given how much Bargs lived on the perimeter (and used offence)... the comparison is closer than you'd like, right? Especially on the defensive end.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post

The best defensive frontcourt pairing is... drumroll... JV + Bebe. They've got a 95.4 DRTG in 150+ minutes together. 7 points better than even Bebe + Pat.

Where are the team's analytic guys? Why isn't this brought to the coaching staff's attention? I found that info in 2 minutes on my coach.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            As for the Bargs comparison...

Career ORB%: 4% Bargs vs 9% BeBe
            Career DRB%: 15% Bargs vs 17% BeBe

Given how much Bargs lived on the perimeter (and used offence)... the comparison is closer than you'd like, right? Especially on the defensive end.
            bargs also played alongside better rebounders than bebe

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              almost like we could have used our offensively-gifted big man to help our 4th Q execution.

And I don't buy this "defensive purposes" shit, because Bebe was straight shit on Towns all night.
              6 for 6. Can't be much more efficient than that with what JV was given. I want Casey fired. It's been far too long. Should have happened before, needs to happen now or this is shaping up to be a lost season.

Comment

JV and Pat. JV and BeBe. BeBe and Pat. BeBe and Siakam. Done. Simple. No other PF/C combinations needed ever. In the short term while Pat is out I will also accept JV and Poeltl. Sully... if you absolutely have to, Sully and BeBe.
                I think they still need to try and work Sullinger in and see if he can be productive and effective. They're going to need four bigs in the playoffs at some point (foul trouble, injuries, etc.) and I don't feel good about the fourth guy being Siakam/Poeltl. JV/PP/Bebe are going to get the lion's share of minutes but giving up on Sullinger completely at this stage doesn't seem wise. Especially if one of those three goes down with an injury.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  I think they still need to try and work Sullinger in and see if he can be productive and effective. They're going to need four bigs in the playoffs at some point (foul trouble, injuries, etc.) and I don't feel good about the fourth guy being Siakam/Poeltl. JV/PP/Bebe are going to get the lion's share of minutes but giving up on Sullinger completely at this stage doesn't seem wise. Especially if one of those three goes down with an injury.
                  why should we invest time in sullinger when he (a) isn't helping at all, (b) hasn't even shown enough concern for his own career to lay off the shitty eating in 4 years, in the process costing him literally 10s of millions of dollars, and (c) is gone this summer?

At best he gives us a few useful minutes, more likely he is a total liability.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                    The best defensive frontcourt pairing is... drumroll... JV + Bebe. They've got a 95.4 DRTG in 150+ minutes together. 7 points better than even Bebe + Pat.

Where are the team's analytic guys? Why isn't this brought to the coaching staff's attention? I found that info in 2 minutes on my coach.
                    JV+Bebe as a stop-gap while Pat is out should be pretty obvious by now.

Comment

Nogueira had literally ONE rebound the entire game. It was after a missed free throw by the Wolves, which is basically a gimme. Literally no rebounds off of missed FGA's for Nogueira. In 21 minutes, and basically the entire 4th Q.
                      yeah he really has a issue with physical and quick people like towns but he had issues with others

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        why should we invest time in sullinger when he (a) isn't helping at all, (b) hasn't even shown enough concern for his own career to lay off the shitty eating in 4 years, in the process costing him literally 10s of millions of dollars, and (c) is gone this summer?

At best he gives us a few useful minutes, more likely he is a total liability.
                        (a) He's played in 11 games after missing 41. He's a much better player than he's shown. You can't foreclose the possibility he can help based on 11 games. (b) A total non sequitur. Has nothing to do with the next 30 games and playoffs. (c) Irrelevant. Sullinger was brought in to help this year, not in the future. Need to figure out if he can help them now.

Simply, I do not feel good about Bebe in the playoffs, which is going to leave them with major issues up front. So, if no trade is coming, then they need to shore up internally and Sullinger is the only possible way to do that. You sit him on the bench for the next 30 games and you foreclose any possibility of improving your situation. That doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Not sure about that. Derozan being out hurt the team cause he's so critical to their success. At the moment, they are playing 5-on-4 with a blackhole at the PF spot for 48 minutes. Surely, those weigh heavily in the recent slump.

Even last night, if Lowry doesn't go 6-19 or whatever (i.e. just has a regular shooting game) they win.

There's been some questionable tactical decisions (including rotations) and some poor play from various players but I don't think it's 'systemic'.
                          some of kyles shots were the in and out variety....Wiggins defense on the last shot gave him no chance what so ever

Comment

(a) He's played in 11 games after missing 41. He's a much better player than he's shown. You can't foreclose the possibility he can help based on 11 games. (b) A total non sequitur. Has nothing to do with the next 30 games and playoffs. (c) Irrelevant. Sullinger was brought in to help this year, not in the future. Need to figure out if he can help them now.

Simply, I do not feel good about Bebe in the playoffs, which is going to leave them with major issues up front. So, if no trade is coming, then they need to shore up internally and Sullinger is the only possible way to do that. You sit him on the bench for the next 30 games and you foreclose any possibility of improving your situation. That doesn't make sense to me.
                            (b) is not a non-sequitur. the guy doesn't care, demonstrated over 4 years, how can we expect him to put in the work to get to a useful level?

And (c) is relevant because it's not like we're competing with Cleveland in this state anyways so why would we waste minutes integrating sullinger rather than developing our own assets?

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yeah, Dwane. The Raps were doing a great job defensively. It's not like they gave up 29 points in the 4th, including 25 points in the final 7 minutes, with a DRTG of 141 while BeBe was on the court. It's not like the Wolves scored on every one of their final 7 possessions, two of which came off of offensive rebounds.
                                This is my biggest worry about this team. When you have a coach who doesn't ever see his faults and constantly does the same thing expecting different results you cant go very far. We already arent playing well. To have coach who will lose you games and make it even worse definitely doesnt help. If Casey would come out and say my bad it wont happen again kind of thing I would be cool but thats never the case with him so you cant even be optimistic. *sigh*
                                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X