Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jangles wrote: View Post
    I think I'm gonna start walking like Vince.

EDIT: Lol when you look at this gif tho. It's so fake

FAKE NEWS!

Comment

• Gonna win this one.*

* All guaranteees subject to amendment upon witnessing Casey do stupid crap and wanting to tear my hair out.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• lets see how casey can fuck it up this time.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
          Joey's back

No way we lose this game now!

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            Gonna win this one.*

* All guaranteees subject to amendment upon witnessing Casey do stupid crap and wanting to tear my hair out.
            lol. This is the legal disclaimer that Abbas forgot to use. Joey, I got you covered.

Acts of God provisions, also called “Force Majeure” clauses, relate to events outside human control, like flash floods, earthquakes, Dwane Casey's coaching, or other natural disasters. Generally, these provisions eliminate or limit liability for injuries or other losses resulting from such events.

Comment

• Jon Leuer is proving his value with the Pistons.... you see why I wanted him here in Toronto? Yes, his 3-point shot has been iffy, but he's shooting well inside and rebounding just as well.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                This is my biggest worry about this team. When you have a coach who doesn't ever see his faults and constantly does the same thing expecting different results you cant go very far. We already arent playing well. To have coach who will lose you games and make it even worse definitely doesnt help. If Casey would come out and say my bad it wont happen again kind of thing I would be cool but thats never the case with him so you cant even be optimistic. *sigh*
                Not often I agree with you, but this post was the money shot.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Jon Leuer is proving his value with the Pistons.... you see why I wanted him here in Toronto? Yes, his 3-point shot has been iffy, but he's shooting well inside and rebounding just as well.
                    Leuer's rebound rate is 12%, by far his worst number in years. He's shooting well inside (though that would just muck up our offence here) and has demonstrated that last year's long distance shooting was more an aberration than a trend, or at least not remotely reliable (as has been the case for his career) and without that he wouldn't be much value here.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Leuer's rebound rate is 12%, by far his worst number in years. He's shooting well inside (though that would just muck up our offence here) and has demonstrated that last year's long distance shooting was more an aberration than a trend, or at least not remotely reliable (as has been the case for his career) and without that he wouldn't be much value here.
                      Dan H, what do you honestly think of the Raptors so far this year? Really random question but I love to hear your insight lol. More so in terms of how you see us fairing in the playoffs. If the whole roster stays the same and is relatively healthy and Casey doesn't change (because he won't) how far do you really think this team can go? Do you really think Patterson is our saviour? Because I'm trying my best to be optimistic but our defence to me just isn't good enough to get anywhere. The loss against Timberwolves to me was a big example of that. All we were doing was exchanging baskets instead of getting stops. And when we needed key stops we couldn't get it. If this same kind of thing keeps up in the playoffs I can't see how we would get to the ECFs again. I know the bad lineups is normally your go to as to why we lose more so than anything else, but Casey isn't getting fired and I can honestly say with extreme confidence that he won't change. JV will continue to be benched when he shouldn't be, Bebe will continue to play too much, Pascal and Sullinger will continue to play alongside JV when stats show they shouldn't etc. Pretty much I'm asking do you think we get to the ECFs with this defence and Casey's horrible lineups? Do you honestly have faith that either will improve enough by playoff time to give us a chance?
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Perhaps leuer's rebs have dropped bc Drummond is getting them?

Comment

Dan H, what do you honestly think of the Raptors so far this year? Really random question but I love to hear your insight lol. More so in terms of how you see us fairing in the playoffs. If the whole roster stays the same and is relatively healthy and Casey doesn't change (because he won't) how far do you really think this team can go? Do you really think Patterson is our saviour? Because I'm trying my best to be optimistic but our defence to me just isn't good enough to get anywhere. The loss against Timberwolves to me was a big example of that. All we were doing was exchanging baskets instead of getting stops. And when we needed key stops we couldn't get it. If this same kind of thing keeps up in the playoffs I can't see how we would get to the ECFs again. I know the bad lineups is normally your go to as to why we lose more so than anything else, but Casey isn't getting fired and I can honestly say with extreme confidence that he won't change. JV will continue to be benched when he shouldn't be, Bebe will continue to play too much, Pascal and Sullinger will continue to play alongside JV when stats show they shouldn't etc. Pretty much I'm asking do you think we get to the ECFs with this defence and Casey's horrible lineups? Do you honestly have faith that either will improve enough by playoff time to give us a chance?
                          Well...

The team should be fine in the playoffs. The defence has been solid a) when it matters (in the clutch, in the 4th), and b) when healthy (specifically when Pat plays big minutes). Giving up baskets to the Wolves while running a small lineup and BeBe as the only rebounder - yeah, that makes sense, and hopefully we'll never see it again.

Casey won't change, but his decisions might - they seem to all the time. And really Patterson is his security blanket, and with Casey starting Pat several times lately, I'm hoping he's seen the light on that one, because it then sort of forces the rotation into the correct big man pairings. Certainly he's already shown he is capable of starting the right PF in the playoffs.

Certainly the biggest concern (outside of just getting big pairings right) with Casey is his propensity to sit JV late in games and cost the team doing so. Hopefully that won't extend into the playoffs (last year JV played to close most playoff games he played in the first couple rounds), but no guarantees.

Obviously if all goes wrong and Casey does not follow through on his recent pattern of playing Pat and JV together more, the playoffs could be ugly (and how far they get would depend on the matchup they draw). But there have been positive signs on the rare occasion the Raps have been healthy this year, so I'm going to take those and run with them until I have reason not to.

Plus, I really do think the Raps at least push to make a big move at the deadline, probably for Ibaka, and then Casey would have enough quality frontcourt pieces that it would be hard for him to screw it up.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            (a) He's played in 11 games after missing 41. He's a much better player than he's shown. You can't foreclose the possibility he can help based on 11 games. (b) A total non sequitur. Has nothing to do with the next 30 games and playoffs. (c) Irrelevant. Sullinger was brought in to help this year, not in the future. Need to figure out if he can help them now.

Simply, I do not feel good about Bebe in the playoffs, which is going to leave them with major issues up front. So, if no trade is coming, then they need to shore up internally and Sullinger is the only possible way to do that. You sit him on the bench for the next 30 games and you foreclose any possibility of improving your situation. That doesn't make sense to me.
                            bebe 's overall performance this year is a lot better than he showed in last years playoff's but there is a different level of physicality in the post season.

Comment

Well...

The team should be fine in the playoffs. The defence has been solid a) when it matters (in the clutch, in the 4th), and b) when healthy (specifically when Pat plays big minutes). Giving up baskets to the Wolves while running a small lineup and BeBe as the only rebounder - yeah, that makes sense, and hopefully we'll never see it again.

Casey won't change, but his decisions might - they seem to all the time. And really Patterson is his security blanket, and with Casey starting Pat several times lately, I'm hoping he's seen the light on that one, because it then sort of forces the rotation into the correct big man pairings. Certainly he's already shown he is capable of starting the right PF in the playoffs.

Certainly the biggest concern (outside of just getting big pairings right) with Casey is his propensity to sit JV late in games and cost the team doing so. Hopefully that won't extend into the playoffs (last year JV played to close most playoff games he played in the first couple rounds), but no guarantees.

Obviously if all goes wrong and Casey does not follow through on his recent pattern of playing Pat and JV together more, the playoffs could be ugly (and how far they get would depend on the matchup they draw). But there have been positive signs on the rare occasion the Raps have been healthy this year, so I'm going to take those and run with them until I have reason not to.

Plus, I really do think the Raps at least push to make a big move at the deadline, probably for Ibaka, and then Casey would have enough quality frontcourt pieces that it would be hard for him to screw it up.
                              This is true. I haven't noticed that we play good defence in the clutch and the fourth. Do you have any stats to back that up? I do know that Patterson is HUGE for our defence. Even more so this year than years prior because we don't have Biz, or Greer and Cory and Carroll have fallen off defensively. I will wait for Patterson to come back and have his minutes restriction taken off before I completely jump to conclusions. I'm just find it a little hard to believe that a role player like Patterson will make that significant of a difference. But I hope you're right. And I hope you're right on the Ibaka front or someone like him. Then we definitely won't have anymore big man pairing issues.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

This is true. I haven't noticed that we play good defence in the clutch and the fourth. Do you have any stats to back that up? I do know that Patterson is HUGE for our defence. Even more so this year than years prior because we don't have Biz, or Greer and Cory and Carroll have fallen off defensively. I will wait for Patterson to come back and have his minutes restriction taken off before I completely jump to conclusions. I'm just find it a little hard to believe that a role player like Patterson will make that significant of a difference. But I hope you're right. And I hope you're right on the Ibaka front or someone like him. Then we definitely won't have anymore big man pairing issues.
                                Raps have a 103.7 DRTG in the 4th Q, good for 6th in the league.

Until recently, Raps were one of the best clutch rating teams - lately without Pat and with JV inexplicably sitting, they've been awful. Nonetheless, they still have a 101 DRTG in the clutch, good for 9th in the league. And with their proper frontcourt in there, they have even better ratings (with JV 91 DRTG, with Pat 94 DRTG, both would rank 1st league wide easily).
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X