Fans pick: Joseph
    TSN pick: Joseph
    Raptors Republic pick: Patterson

Leave a comment:

• Ball
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    WELCOME TO THE 2017 Rappies

How's everybody enjoying themselves out there? Those Raps eh? I mean, Casey...pound the rock, amirite? *crickets*..OK without further ado, let's get started!

Our first award AS VOTED BY Y'ALL is the Raptors 2017 ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
    5 Raptors received votes. This vote was close in the middle but one man stood head and shoulders above the rest.
    2nd runner up, 20 votes: Pascal Siakam! Pascal got off to a nice start with us, should be great to see his improvements next season.
    1st runner up, 21 votes: Delon Wright! Delon may have been partly screwed by many voters not honoring the more loose rules for rookies. But all good, Delon finishes 2nd. Which means our Rookie of the year, with 48 votes isssssss

Jakob Poeltl!! Congratulations Jakob! Come up and collect your prize!...oh I'm sorry....Jakob couldn't be here today...his award will be collected by IBM WATSON

Any words, Watson? *robot voice*: I. am. the. man. You. all. suck. Kneel. before me.

Uh..thanks.

Our second award tonight is the Raptors 2017 MOST IMPROVED PLAYER
    10, count em, 10 Raptors received votes. There's a clear cut top 3 however, and the winner ran away with it.
    2nd runner up, 13 votes: Bebeeeeee! Good job Bebe! You went from a smiley bow legged giraffe to a smiley, bow legged giraffe who sometimes played and blocked shots!
    1st runner up, 23 votes: Delon Wright! Delon nets his 2nd straight 2nd place finish on an award, very good sign going into next season. Which means our Most Improved Player, with 53 votes isssssss

Demaaaar Deroooozannn!
    Congratulations Demar! This is Demars 26th Most Improved Player award of his life. Speech Demar, Speeeech!

Demar: Prove em.

OK!

Our third award of the night is the Raptors SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR
    5 Raptors received votes. First and second was a tiiiight exciting race.
    2nd runner up, 17 votes: PJ Tucker PJ surely would have finished higher if he played here a whole year. Welcome to Toronto, PJ.
    1st runner up, 37 votes: Cory Joseph! Cory earned his second place finish by stepping up in Kyles absence. He was 1 measly vote from winning. He also has lots of commercials now. Which means our winner 6 Man with 38 votes issssssss
    Patrickkk Paaatersoooon Congrats 2Pat! Sometimes a polarizing figure, but reliable postionally, and deep down we all love ya!

Patrick, now that you've award, WHATAREYAGONNADONOW??

Patrick: Ima go to a movie

Thanks Pat!

Our fourth award of the night is the Raptors DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
    6 Raptors received votes. 3 Clear cut ahead of the pack.
    2nd runner up, 21 votes: Serge Ibaka! Serge enjoys hiking, puzzles, and resigning with the Raptors in the offseason
    1st runner up, 33 votes: Patrick Patterson! Good job Patri....oh..he's already left for his movie
    Which means, the winner of DPOY with 48 VOTES ISSSSSSSS
    PJ TUCKERRRR, BAD MUTHERFUCKERRRRRR

Congrats PJ, Come accept your award!!!!

We are down to our final award, the 2017 MOST VALUABLE PLAYER
    7 Raptors received votes. Obviously we know first and second. The only interesting thing may be who finished 3rd. And that guy is..
    2nd runner up, 5 votes: PJ TUCKER, BAD MUFUH!! Ouch! PJ, Ouch! You could win it next year with a full season, stop beating me with your wallet!
    1st runner up, 37 votes: Kyle Lowry A quiet night at the award for the team's best player. Hopefully he makes more noise in the playoffs
    Which means, your 2017 RAPTORS MVP, with 52 votes ISSSSSS
    Comp10, Deebo, Mr. Show and Prove, Mr. Euro step, Mr. long two, Mr. Take your analytics and shove it, DEMAR, DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOZAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Demar, now that you're the MVP, what say you?????

Demar: WE COMING FOR YOU CLEVELAND

DAMN, SON! That should just about do it for us here tonight at the 2017 Rappies. You've all been wonderful. PEACE!
    Drunk already at 2pm I see. Jk haha... great stuff! Let's channel this energy into beating the Bucks now!

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    WELCOME TO THE 2017 Rappies

How's everybody enjoying themselves out there? Those Raps eh? I mean, Casey...pound the rock, amirite? *crickets*..OK without further ado, let's get started!

Our first award AS VOTED BY Y'ALL is the Raptors 2017 ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
    5 Raptors received votes. This vote was close in the middle but one man stood head and shoulders above the rest.
    2nd runner up, 20 votes: Pascal Siakam! Pascal got off to a nice start with us, should be great to see his improvements next season.
    1st runner up, 21 votes: Delon Wright! Delon may have been partly screwed by many voters not honoring the more loose rules for rookies. But all good, Delon finishes 2nd. Which means our Rookie of the year, with 48 votes isssssss

Jakob Poeltl!! Congratulations Jakob! Come up and collect your prize!...oh I'm sorry....Jakob couldn't be here today...his award will be collected by IBM WATSON

Any words, Watson? *robot voice*: I. am. the. man. You. all. suck. Kneel. before me.

Uh..thanks.

Our second award tonight is the Raptors 2017 MOST IMPROVED PLAYER
    10, count em, 10 Raptors received votes. There's a clear cut top 3 however, and the winner ran away with it.
    2nd runner up, 13 votes: Bebeeeeee! Good job Bebe! You went from a smiley bow legged giraffe to a smiley, bow legged giraffe who sometimes played and blocked shots!
    1st runner up, 23 votes: Delon Wright! Delon nets his 2nd straight 2nd place finish on an award, very good sign going into next season. Which means our Most Improved Player, with 53 votes isssssss

Demaaaar Deroooozannn!
    Congratulations Demar! This is Demars 26th Most Improved Player award of his life. Speech Demar, Speeeech!

Demar: Prove em.

OK!

Our third award of the night is the Raptors SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR
    5 Raptors received votes. First and second was a tiiiight exciting race.
    2nd runner up, 17 votes: PJ Tucker PJ surely would have finished higher if he played here a whole year. Welcome to Toronto, PJ.
    1st runner up, 37 votes: Cory Joseph! Cory earned his second place finish by stepping up in Kyles absence. He was 1 measly vote from winning. He also has lots of commercials now. Which means our winner 6 Man with 38 votes issssssss
    Patrickkk Paaatersoooon Congrats 2Pat! Sometimes a polarizing figure, but reliable postionally, and deep down we all love ya!

Patrick, now that you've won an award, WHATAREYAGONNADONOW??

Patrick: Ima go to a movie.

Thanks Pat!

Our fourth award of the night is the Raptors DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR
    6 Raptors received votes. 3 Clear cut ahead of the pack.
    2nd runner up, 21 votes: Serge Ibaka! Serge enjoys hiking, puzzles, and resigning with the Raptors in the offseason
    1st runner up, 33 votes: Patrick Patterson! Good job Patri....oh..he's already left for his movie
    Which means, the winner of DPOY with 48 VOTES ISSSSSSSS
    PJ TUCKERRRR, BAD MUTHERFUCKERRRRRR

Congrats PJ, Come accept your award!!!!

We are down to our final award, the 2017 MOST VALUABLE PLAYER
    7 Raptors received votes. Obviously we know first and second. The only interesting thing may be who finished 3rd. And that guy is..
    2nd runner up, 5 votes: PJ TUCKER, BAD MUFUH!! Ouch! PJ, Ouch! You could win it next year with a full season, stop beating me with your wallet!
    1st runner up, 37 votes: Kyle Lowry A quiet night at the award for the team's best player. Hopefully he makes more noise in the playoffs
    Which means, your 2017 RAPTORS MVP, with 52 votes ISSSSSS
    Comp10, Deebo, Mr. Show and Prove, Mr. Euro step, Mr. long two, Mr. Take your analytics and shove it, DEMAR, DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOZAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Demar, now that you're the MVP, what say you?????

Demar: WE COMING FOR YOU CLEVELAND

DAMN, SON! That should just about do it for us here tonight at the 2017 Rappies. You've all been wonderful. PEACE!
    Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Apr 13, 2017, 03:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Most wtf vote is siakam voting poeltl as 6th man
    Siakam is to the Raptors, as tenforthewin is to us.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Apr 12, 2017, 03:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Wow. DD and Cojo both voted Carroll DPOY.
    Clearly there are things happening in practice that never materialize in games.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    Maybe that makes him feel good and he actually starts playing D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Cojo voted for himself 6th man and poeltl voted for himself as most improved lol

Most wtf vote is siakam voting poeltl as 6th man

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    Powell hasn't been that good defensively. PPat also doesn't rebound, but I would agree he's a good defender.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Poeltl voted himself most improved. Good for him. And, actually, he probably could make a case that from start to end of year he is actually the most improved.....

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    I think it's more that

1) no one was very good defensively until Tucker arrived.

2) we hate Carroll and only see the bad.
    I guess I would agree with 2, but in regards to 1, we have 2pat who is basically a defensive stud without the raw blocks or steals, we have a guy like norm who demar has to go up against in practice and who had a consistent role before falling out of the rotation recently. I think its intended to be a bit of an ego boost for demarre so he can start playing better (maybe hit his perimeter shots).

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post

I think it's more that

1) no one was very good defensively until Tucker arrived.

2) we hate Carroll and only see the bad.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    The players have spoken

http://www.tsn.ca/raptors-hand-out-e...wards-1.722570

Leave a comment:

• CNinja26
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    Most Valuable Player
    1. Demar Derozan
    2. Kyle Lowry