No announcement yet.

Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing's that surprised me about this Bucks team is Thon Maker. He's good. I mean, he's finishing PLAYOFF GAMES for them. I thought he's 2 years away from 2 years away.

If Jabari Parker can stay healthy, this Bucks team would be a force to be reckoned with.

Maker
    Parker
    Antetokounmpo
    Middleton
    Brogdon

Damn.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
      The thing's that surprised me about this Bucks team is Thon Maker. He's good. I mean, he's finishing PLAYOFF GAMES for them. I thought he's 2 years away from 2 years away.

If Jabari Parker can stay healthy, this Bucks team would be a force to be reckoned with.

Maker
      Parker
      Antetokounmpo
      Middleton
      Brogdon

Damn.
      Read this: http://mag.bleacherreport.com/thon-maker-bucks-unicorn/

I don't know how old he is but he definitely has some tools.

Comment

• trex wrote: View Post
        gus johnson - play by play guy of the bucks :d

damnit why are we forced to listen to devlin
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• trex wrote: View Post
          gus johnson - play by play guy of the bucks :d

law-ry!!!

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            To be clear, it is the fear of the trapping, not the trapping itself. Milwaukee has yet to really stop JV on a post up this series - he's been posted 5 times and has scored 7 points with no turnovers. Unfortunately, after his token 1 or 2 post ups each half, the team ignores him, even when they struggle to score. Heck, JV has only posted Thon twice, and has 5 points out of those two post ups.

Sometimes it can be tricky to get the ball into the post. But not with the defence this Bucks team has been playing - they are hedging and trapping on every screen - one ball reversal after a screen and you should have an easy post pass. Or even have Serge or Pat screen and slip to just inside the top of the arc - that should open up the post entry as well on a big to big pass or after a pass to the corner.
            It definitely feels like the raptors are being a bit hypersensitive or overly cautious in this respect. The other thing they are doing is being really passive on the offensive boards to limit transition opportunities for the Bucks. On one hand this makes sense but on the other hand they should dominate the glass vs the bucks and crashing the boards hard could lead to a lot more easy buckets. I've read that they are letting 1-2 guys crash the offensive glass and everyone else has to get back quickly to force Milwaukee into a half court game.

I like seeing adjustments from Casey but kinda think we should just play our game.

Comment

• Comment

• Thunder are switching on 1/4 pick and rolls, leaving players like Singler and Grant to try and guard Harden 1 on 1 at the perimeter. Good luck with that.

Comment

• Anyone watching this Thunder/Rockets gam Westbrook is unreal. 36/9/11. And there's 4 mins left in the THIRD.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• This has been mentioned during the broadcast and should be obvious but it is critical that we move the ball and create good, high percentage shots in this series. Milwaukee are at their best in transition. When we iso and turnover or take low percentage forced shots and miss we feed right in to the bucks game plan. They can turn down the floor quickly, often 5 on 4. They score very well off transition. So high percentage shots are a must. They help us on offence and also on defence if we get makes and get the defence set or even if we have a patient half court offence that is in position to get back on defence on a miss. Feeding JV a few more times in the game would not be inconsistent with this strategy.

There is plenty we can improve... better rotations, less blown coverages, less turnovers, but I think if we just play offence the right way, hitting the open man, giving up good shots to get great shots, the way we can play, then I think we have an excellent chance of winning the series.

Comment

• OKC players should be ashamed of themselves. Russ sat for 2 mins and the Rockets immediately went on a 12-3 run.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                        It definitely feels like the raptors are being a bit hypersensitive or overly cautious in this respect. The other thing they are doing is being really passive on the offensive boards to limit transition opportunities for the Bucks. On one hand this makes sense but on the other hand they should dominate the glass vs the bucks and crashing the boards hard could lead to a lot more easy buckets. I've read that they are letting 1-2 guys crash the offensive glass and everyone else has to get back quickly to force Milwaukee into a half court game.

I like seeing adjustments from Casey but kinda think we should just play our game.
                        Yeah, it's really just one guy crashing, mostly JV, with very occasionally Tucker or Lowry depending on their read of the play. It's led to JV mostly being shut off on the offensive glass because he's rebounding against 5 guys. He did manage a couple in the second game.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Anyone else remember that rumor in 2012 where OKC was willing to trade Harden for JV and maybe Ross? I still remember people on this forums saying that they would never do it cuz Presti wanted JV for a reason and we didn't want to get scammed. It was back before we knew how good Harden was on his own.

Comment

• This is all on Billy Donovan.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• lol OKC totally blew it
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                                Anyone else remember that rumor in 2012 where OKC was willing to trade Harden for JV and maybe Ross? I still remember people on this forums saying that they would never do it cuz Presti wanted JV for a reason and we didn't want to get scammed. It was back before we knew how good Harden was on his own.
                                It was back before the Rockets knew how good Harden would be. I think Harden would have been a better fit beside KD than Westbrook, but in hindsight it was a tough call.

Comment

Working...
                                X