No announcement yet.

Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PJ Tucker may have had the best 0 point, 1 rebound, 0 assist performance in the history of basketball.

Comment

• "Lather, Rinse, Repeat"

Truer words (great slogan) were never spoken by Homer S.

Comment

• Wonder if Sullinger tweets recommendations & encouragement to the Celtics?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Wonder if Sullinger tweets recommendations & encouragement to the Celtics?
          In looking at Sully's Twitter feed, yes he does

Comment

• Matt Damon wrote: View Post
            Unrelated to this thread but just a quick thought; trade carroll and our first round pick for the highest lottery pick; win lottery against incredible mathematical odds; draft Fultz; let Lowry walk; sign Paul George; dynasty
            You forgot the part where we sign Curry and Lebron in the offseason.
            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Makes a lot of sense. I totally agree. Matching up with Maker obviously wasn't wotking.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
              Yeah because we never passed him the ball in that matchup. Maker is being ridiculously overrated on this board. He's been a negligible part of this series. He's gotten a few blocks because our guards were driving head down into double/triple teams and not even looking to pass at all (to JV or anyone else). Really easy to be a rim protector if you can literally just wait for players to drive right into you without having to worry about getting exposed by ball movement.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Vegas say we're 6 pt. favs on Monday.

Let's win by 20.

Kill the deer!

Comment

• Matt Damon wrote: View Post
                  Unrelated to this thread but just a quick thought; trade carroll and our first round pick for the highest lottery pick; win lottery against incredible mathematical odds; draft Fultz; let Lowry walk; sign Paul George; dynasty
                  Don't forget that cap holds would still apply on Ibaka, Patterson, and Tucker. Haven't done the math yet (I'm having a lazy Sunday here) but I'm pretty sure we'd need to renounce holds on at least one of those players (possibly more) to get enough space under the cap to sign Paul George at the $20 million plus amount he'll be looking for.

Comment

• Umm

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/856200804709130240
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Even stats don't back up that statement by Casey. Tucker's been the better defender by far.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Since I missed 3 quarters of the game I watched the replay of the first 3 quarters. I got some answers to my questions

DD is more effective with Powell on the floor with him at the same time. Powell being a shooting THREAT along with Lowry meant defenders can't all collapse on DD when he drives in and not pay. Remember all the wide open threes Carroll, Patterson, and Tucker were missing? When it's just Lowry & DD doing ISO defending was easy for Bucks.

Powell defended Middleton better. Middleton was killing us in three games along with Snell.

Powell has been THE BEST POST PASSER of the Raptors' backcourt players, including Lowry. I honestly think Lowry SHOULD BE ASHAMED! being a friggin PG can't make a decent post pass. He made JV an effective inside player again.

DD scored better because he had more room to operate this game. Played D in some stretches but still absent on that end mostly.

Lowry still a shrinking violet. He played better as secondary/tertiary offensive option in this game. (that does not warrant a max contract to match that of Curry or KD).

Our D was better on Giannis, and it wasn't all Tucker either.

I know Carroll missed a lot of shots. He did make a lot of effort plays on both ends, though I'd question his minutes. I'd rather him keep shooting than the ball movement being dead in the hands of Lowry or DD.

We got a bit more physical in game 4. This is what pisses me off. I been screaming at them to bang them skinny Bucks all series. Bucks were more physical than us in prior games, and they are the skinny asses! I still think if we body up Giannis and the other guys, Bucks will be a lot less effective. Someone just has to jolt Giannis off his drive once. Take the foul. He'll get the message about getting into the lane. Make them feel like they played a football game instead of pillow fight.

Comment

• Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            If I could re-do last years draft - i'm taking Maker over Poeltl. And i'm a big Poeltl fan.
                            Maker looks good because of his length and quickness looks good vs our team. Back at that draft I thought Masai might pick Thom but went with Poeltl. Both have pluses and minuses. I think in time Poeltl's offensive game will come through better. To me Maker's development curve and athleticism is similar to Siakam. I don't know how much basketball they got in their youth but their offensive games are not as polished. I honestly would like to see Siakam on the floor for some minutes against these young and fast Bucks. I think he can play against them and not get burned like he did at Golden State or against more mature and sophisticated teams.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              Did not realize Conley was as good as showed this series. He & Kawhi both are ice water....and no showboating....2 way play too.
                              Conley is starting to show the value of the contract he got. He still got overpaid IMO. At least he has upside.

I was shocked Grizz went to Gasol for the winning shot. I would've thought Conley might have been better choice. But I'm sure Spurs had schemed to stop Conley for the last shot so that was a good choice.

Man that game was INSTANT CLASSIC. The BACK AND BACK CLUTCH SHOTS. OMG.

Comment

• Dwane Casey sees what he wants to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X