Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bendit wrote: View Post
    I agree. There was quite a debate on this last year (in the NBA forum I believe) with a few taking the contrarian view. If you cannot make the FTs coach should see you as a liability and sit you down. It's an integral part of the game....as is the strategy of fouling. That is one aspect of Shaq I liked...he never complained about the tactic when used on him.
    Roberson especially blows my mind with how bad he is at free throws because he doesn't have the excuse of being 7 feet tall and having hands so ridiculously large making the basketball feel tiny in comparison. He has no excuse, 2-12 or whatever he should is just crazy bad, and at a certain point, it's as much a psychological issue of knowing you are a bad free throw shooter and trying to ignore the pressure as it is a physical skill issue.
    SPECIAL REPORT: March 27th, 2017, it is now confirmed Lebron James has had both his back and his dignity broken by the vicious swinging right elbow of ruthless heavyweight PF and notorious bad-boy David Lee

    Comment


    • Matt Damon wrote: View Post
      Roberson especially blows my mind with how bad he is at free throws because he doesn't have the excuse of being 7 feet tall and having hands so ridiculously large making the basketball feel tiny in comparison. He has no excuse, 2-12 or whatever he should is just crazy bad, and at a certain point, it's as much a psychological issue of knowing you are a bad free throw shooter and trying to ignore the pressure as it is a physical skill issue.
      I met the strength and conditioning coach of the magic back in the 90s and he said that Shaq was decent at FTs in practice. His opinion was that it was partially psychological for Shaq.

      Comment


      • Very unrelated but it's my brother's birthday today and he's a HUGE lebum fan (idk why). Anyone know where I can buy a cheap lebron james jersey or shirt jersey
        Abbas wrote:

        First of all i was my own source

        Comment


        • Abbas wrote: View Post
          Very unrelated but it's my brother's birthday today and he's a HUGE lebum fan (idk why). Anyone know where I can buy a cheap lebron james jersey or shirt jersey

          Comment


          • TRex wrote: View Post
            Question, is Joe Johnson a hall of famer?
            No:

            - Was never among the very top tier of players in league.

            - No championships.

            - Never had a major role on a dominant team.

            - No stand-out college career.

            - No signature impact on basketball apart from in-game competition (like a Yao Ming, or like VC's dunk context).
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

            Comment


            • http://imgur.com/ydtNqkj

              Cant believe Patterson liked this.
              Last edited by jacobdr4; Mon Apr 24th, 2017, 10:24 AM.

              Comment


              • jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                http://imgur.com/ydtNqkj

                Cant believe Patterson liked this.
                I can only imagine 2Pat doesn't think he's going to get signed this summer. By the Raptors I mean.

                Comment


                • jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                  http://imgur.com/ydtNqkj

                  Cant believe Patterson liked this.
                  I would hope he just meant it as support for Norm and not as a shot at the coach.

                  Some of the comments that start to trickle out from this team when things don't go well concern me. I feel like Casey's hold on the locker room only survives so long as they're winning. His job was almost certainly saved by Ibaka/Tucker.

                  On the other hand some of the comments could just be guys venting or saying something without thinking of the different ways it can be interpreted, this is the kind of stuff you don't really know without being in the locker room. But Lowry and Patterson both have a history of making comments when things go south, I think Patterson made some of the most pointed ones after the Washington series.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                  Comment


                  • Matt Damon wrote: View Post
                    Roberson especially blows my mind with how bad he is at free throws because he doesn't have the excuse of being 7 feet tall and having hands so ridiculously large making the basketball feel tiny in comparison. He has no excuse, 2-12 or whatever he should is just crazy bad, and at a certain point, it's as much a psychological issue of knowing you are a bad free throw shooter and trying to ignore the pressure as it is a physical skill issue.
                    There is this other factor....the machismo one...where all of the bad free throw players absolutely refuse to attempt the under-arm "granny" style of making fts. Apparently there is Houston Rocket rookie using it currently.

                    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...yon_barry.html

                    Comment


                    • https://streamable.com/qx0x7
                      "Stay steamy"

                      - Kobe

                      Comment


                      • Game 4 the Raptors have to use the same defensive strategy + execution until the Bucks prove they can counter. Rotation was good in game 3, Powell on Middleton was excellent, JV vs Monroe worked well, only change should be less Carroll and more Patterson vs Giannis.

                        Grind out another win. One of the best things from Game 3 was the Raps finally didn't look rattled by what the Bucks were throwing at them. Keep your heads and execute your game. The pace was Raptors basketball - slow it down by getting to the FT line, grind out an 80-90 point game again. Forget all the "it's 2017" NBA basketball, those are the only types of playoff games this Raptors squad has consistently been able to win. Nothing wrong with ugly if you end up with a W.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                        Comment



                        • Comment






                          • Comment


                            • S.R. wrote: View Post
                              I would hope he just meant it as support for Norm and not as a shot at the coach.

                              Some of the comments that start to trickle out from this team when things don't go well concern me. I feel like Casey's hold on the locker room only survives so long as they're winning. His job was almost certainly saved by Ibaka/Tucker.

                              On the other hand some of the comments could just be guys venting or saying something without thinking of the different ways it can be interpreted, this is the kind of stuff you don't really know without being in the locker room. But Lowry and Patterson both have a history of making comments when things go south, I think Patterson made some of the most pointed ones after the Washington series.
                              With Lowry, I just think he can be a bit of a dick at times. Seems to have a bit of the Rondo thing going for him.

                              With 2Pat, it's a contract year and he can't be happy that he's not been given a chance to showcase himself to other teams. It's the difference between millions of dollars to him and likely the last shot at a big contract.

                              Comment


                              • It's the playoffs. Everyone is stressed, sick, and and banged up. Gotta play through it.

                                I loved what Game 4 meant for the Raptors and this series. Not just the x's and o's (although bringing Powell in to guard Middleton, going small, and relegating JV to the bench to match up with Monroe was exactly what the doctor ordered), but I loved how they planted a seed of doubt in Milwaukee. After games 1, 2, and 3, I'm wholly convinced the Bucks thought they were gonna win this series. Now it's a best of 3 with 2 games in Toronto, and as Toronto slowly but surely figures out how to guard these Bucks, I think some seeds of doubt have been planted.

                                I think it's another close one, but I think we edge them out for the W.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X