No announcement yet.

Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was looking at the Bucks roster and man do they have a lot of guys that can shoot the 3. When did this happen? Almost all their 3 point shooters hit it at a 40% clip and they take a decent amount. Whereas we have two guys in Carroll and Patterson who are VERY unreliable when it comes to 3 point shooting. This is probably why Giannis can be so great without having a 3. He has so many outlets to give him space to maneuver. We better step up our 3 point defence in this series. I guess it's going to be good practice for Cleveland.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
      Playoffs JV should absolutely feast on Thon Maker, he's like the skinniest guy in the NBA after Ingram. Considering how much he dominated Mahimni and Whiteside last year, this should be fun.
      Let's home JV gets enough touches and sees floor in fourth quarter.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
        I was looking at the Bucks roster and man do they have a lot of guys that can shoot the 3. When did this happen? Almost all their 3 point shooters hit it at a 40% clip and they take a decent amount. Whereas we have two guys in Carroll and Patterson who are VERY unreliable when it comes to 3 point shooting. This is probably why Giannis can be so great without having a 3. He has so many outlets to give him space to maneuver. We better step up our 3 point defence in this series. I guess it's going to be good practice for Cleveland.
        Defence needs to focus on covering 3 point line. You are right this should be good practice re covering /defending 3s for CAVS series.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
          Let's home JV gets enough touches and sees floor in fourth quarter.
          Let's hope it will be over by the 3rd. I'm hoping to see the Raptors really separate themselves as an elite-ish team and put these bottom dwellers away quickly. If they play defence Bucks won't have a chance.

We have the opportunity to put the type of beating on them that would make their best player consider asking for a trade. We should cherish those opportunities.
          Last edited by LJ2; Thu Apr 13, 2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            But Giannis' overall FG% is 52%, so that means that Carroll is guarding Greek Freak slightly worse than the rest of the league, so I'm not sure I'd call that a nice job. What you're highlighting here is that whichever Raptor was guarding Giannis when Carroll sat (I would guess Derozan?) was a total pylon on defense, or a really bad matchup, or our defensive strategy on him was worse than the rest of the league. Our other SF options, PJ & Powell, are pretty short to deal with Giannis' length.
            Frankly, Carroll is short to deal with Giannis' length. 54% vs 52% is pure noise with a sample of 4 games.

I'm not necessarily saying Carroll is doing a great job - I'm saying in this matchup, he has looked like our best option, by far.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Fuck this guy.

Comment

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  He's matchup nightmare for everyone

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                    He's matchup nightmare for everyone
                    I think Ibaka will guard him for the majority of the time. He will light Carroll up.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Let's hope it will be over by the 3rd. I'm hoping to see the Raptors really separate themselves as an elite-ish team and put these bottom dwellers away quickly. If they play defence Bucks won't have a chance.

We have the opportunity to put the type of beating on them that would make their best player consider asking for a trade. We should cherish those opportunities.
                      Yeah, maybe even ask for a trade to our team. 😁

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

My assumption is:

Lowry on Brogdon
                        Derozan on Snell
                        Carroll on Middleton
                        Ibaka on Giannis
                        JV on Maker

I know Giannis will try to run point and Ibaka can't guard him on the perimeter, but considering he can't shoot 3's he can back off a little bit up top. If they run the P&R either go underneath or a soft hedge on the switch forcing him baseline. In the post it's an even match between those 2.

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
                          For the leafs fans on here this means that the raps game will overlap with game 3 of leafs caps
                          fuck the leafs. BALL IS LIFE.

Comment

The only weakness giannis has is his shooting other than that he is a complete player.

Comment

Yeah.. Giannis isn't a good 3pt shooter. Only shot 27% this year at 2.3 attempts a game. That's pretty weak. As long as DD doesn't crumble under the playoff pressure again, he should be able to go toe-to-toe with him on offense.

We matchup pretty well every where else other than I guess Middleton. But Middleton can't really create for himself. He's more a catch and shoot type of guy. Just need to be in his mug as much as possible. I hope Tucker covers Middleton and not Giannis personally.

I'd put Ibaka or 2Pat on Giannis even if he's playing on the perimeter.

Comment

Question is, who will Giannis be checking on our end?

Comment

Working...
                                X