No announcement yet.

Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT is fighting through an unimaginable pain. And apparently he's going to play.

Comment

• Here's another quote from Lowry:

The way they play is attack the ball,” Lowry said. “You’re going to get some weak-side looks. The second quarter we got like three straight open-corner threes or four straight corner threes, wide open. That’s just how they play. [But] our pace wasn’t good, wasn’t up-tempo, was kinda just, like, slow. We gotta do a better job of getting better pacing.”

I agree with the first part, but there seems to be a disconnect from the strategy of playing slow to minimize Giannis's transition buckets. Will be interesting to see how this plays out in game 2.

The above quote is from Michael Grange's story today.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Well the coaching staff was already panicking as it is. Throwing Norm out there out of nowhere because they have no clue what's going on. How about stop playing the 15M waste

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
        DC can't score can't defend and can't hit FTs. So why is he starting? Why is he covering their best player ?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          No further word on Lowry being sick other than the tidbit on Friday? If you were to imagine a Lowry flu game, it could look like that. Among other things he just didn't have the quickness to get himself open enough to make shots + plays.
          If he was sick then you can see why the lethargy in his game... some times your head is so full of snot that it feels like its going to explode and every muscle in your body feels like its not going to work......

That.. or he just sucked that game.. it happens...

Anyway that one is over ... nothing to be done except to come out tuesday locked and loaded
          They are the better team... they will play like it..
          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Apr 16, 2017, 10:43 PM.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Just like in last years playoffs and the year before that, he looks scared to shoot. I have no confidence with this guy whatsoever.
            Couldn't agree with this more. Lowry gets VERY passive in the playoffs and I don't know why. It's almost like he's scared of the big lights. He just crumbles. Yes Carroll played like shit but Lowry is the engine. If he keeps getting manhandled by a fucking rookie and continues to play passive we have no chance of winning this series. And it's sad because I didn't think we would need Lowry to be 100% to win in the first round but I guess I was wrong. Also guys not being able to hit wide open 3's once again looks like it might be the death of us
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Done with Carroll since Nov. No idea why he's still starting for this team honestly.
              Don't disagree but I suspect it's his contract.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                Couldn't agree with this more. Lowry gets VERY passive in the playoffs and I don't know why. It's almost like he's scared of the big lights. He just crumbles. Yes Carroll played like shit but Lowry is the engine. If he keeps getting manhandled by a fucking rookie and continues to play passive we have no chance of winning this series. And it's sad because I didn't think we would need Lowry to be 100% to win in the first round but I guess I was wrong. Also guys not being able to hit wide open 3's once again looks like it might be the death of us
                Yeah KL really needs to hit open 3s but don't force it if it's not there.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  Yeah KL really needs to hit open 3s but don't force it if it's not there.
                  Not just Kyle, but Demarre and Pat too. Esp Demarre. PJ and Serge have been alright for the most part (though if I recall correctly Serge only hit one three yesterday?)

Comment

• If we want to win, Lowry has to hit his threes, play defense and hustle
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                      If we want to win, Lowry has to hit his threes, play defense and hustle
                      I think that applies to everyone, not just Lowry.

The offensive struggles come down to guys missing or not taking open 3s. Gotta hit those shots to open up driving lanes, especially against the Bucks. If all they have to worry about is protecting the paint you're toast.

Kidds game plan is using freaky long arms to steer Lowry and DeRozan to help defenders. Those defenders will get there late IF guys are hitting and taking their open 3s. It's really that simple. When the help is late, it's easy buckets and fouls at the rim.

Also, you'd kill a lot of Giannis leak outs if you make your shots. They're so quick down the floor after a long miss.
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

• Re Giannis - he's great, probably the next big thing in the NBA, but he's not there yet. People are acting like he's LeBron James.

IMO its much easier to guard Giannis than a guy like Paul George or Jimmy Butler. Giannis, unlike those two can't shoot and can't really create his own shot. He's at his best in transition. So why not keep him on the perimeter? put Tucker on him. Also put Pat and Ibaka on him at times. Rotate all 3. Carroll is simply too slow and too soft. Again, keep him on the perimeter, let him shoot, shouldn't be that hard right?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Re Giannis - he's great, probably the next big thing in the NBA, but he's not there yet. People are acting like he's LeBron James.

IMO its much easier to guard Giannis than a guy like Paul George or Jimmy Butler. Giannis, unlike those two can't shoot and can't really create his own shot. He's at his best in transition. So why not keep him on the perimeter? put Tucker on him. Also put Pat and Ibaka on him at times. Rotate all 3. Carroll is simply too slow and too soft. Again, keep him on the perimeter, let him shoot, shouldn't be that hard right?
                          Dude has gotten strong as fuck. It's not THAT simple.. however I think Tucker did a great job on him in the second half. Raptors just couldn't stop other guys or hit shots themselves

Comment

• Thank god Boston lost, we're not alone as the high seed losers.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Re Giannis - he's great, probably the next big thing in the NBA, but he's not there yet. People are acting like he's LeBron James.

Keep in mind Giannis is only TWENTY TWO years old.

It's funny you go on to point out George and Butler meanwhile at the same age Giannis destroys both of their stats at the same age especially Jimmy of course. PG (who was better than Butler) averaged less in almost every statistical category (points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals) when he was Giannis' age (and STILL is beating PG in most) and that was the actual star version of George because he was an even better athlete pre-injury.

I have no idea how you figure it's even easier when Giannis dwarfs nearly anyone not named KD or LeBron. He's 7 ft and in maybe 1 or 2 steps of the 3pt line with his insane length he's in dunking distance and with the length/athleticism is above everyone and he keeps the ball high like a C so you can't swipe at it. Then step backs or even regular shots he towers over guys so they are all basically decent looks. While PG and Butler maybe crafty, you can prepare for crafty with hand movement and footwork...if you physically can not contest his shot or stay in front of him (which is 98% of the league) then you really cant guard him properly.

Its not as simple as just let him shoot...he still has the option not to lol and does elect to pass on it many times because even if you back up that actually allows him to use a long stride for a single dribble then 2 more super long strides to the basket AND he is VERY quick for a player his size which means you are almost always a step behind which makes everything I already mentioned that much harder to contain. The kid is ALREADY ahead of PGs career curve, is younger than Powell and Delon and he is just getting started and can literally play all positions. He isnt LeBron but he is the next big thing (Simmons may join him too if he can stay healthy)...just watch in 2 years what an absolute beast he is going to be.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Thank god Boston lost, we're not alone as the high seed losers.
                                Yeah but they didnt get beaten down and their best player just lost his sister so its more than understandable if he isnt on his game. Us on the other hand just got bitchsmacked in our own house. We better respond in kind and take the next 2 games at minimum.

Comment

Working...
                                X