Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Does Casey dare start Tucker to neutralize Giannis from the opening tip?
    I don't think so, I don't think we even know who the Bucks are starting. Lately it has been Brogdon and Maker at the 1 and 5, but does J.Kidd trust 2 rookies to start a playoff series? If Maker starts, JV better have 20 shots by the 6 minute mark.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Toronto has advantages aplenty against the Bucks. On the season, the Raptors are a top 10 offensive rebounding team (again, play big, keep that advantage). The Bucks are a horrendous defensive rebounding squad, 27th in the league. JV, Tucker and Lowry should feast, and this should help offset any problems their lengthy defenders give our primary scorers.

Milwaukee survives on fast break points (they are a top 10 team in FBP's per 100 possessions, 5th in points off turnovers) and paint points (1st in the league with 50 PITP/100 possessions). Bad news for Bucks fans - the Raptors have the 5th lowest turnover rate in the league at 13.1% (the Bucks' typical opponent turns it over 15.2% of the time), and only saw that rise to 13.9% against the Bucks this year, and are ranked 6th and 7th in preventing opponent fast break points and points off turnovers respectively.

Meanwhile, the Raptors are also a borderline top 10 team defensively in the paint (11th, 43 PITP allowed per 100 possessions), while posting a top 10 DFG% at the rim and a top 8 block rate.
      Another fun little stat. Raps are the only team in the league that are top 10 in ortg, drtg, reb% and to%.

At one point this season we were dead last in reb %. Nice to see that change.

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
        Another fun little stat. Raps are the only team in the league that are top 10 in ortg, drtg, reb% and to%.

At one point this season we were dead last in reb %. Nice to see that change.
        3rd in REB% since the all star break helps. We've actually been great since the new year (right around when BeBe started disappearing from the rotation), 5th in 2017.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          3rd in REB% since the all star break helps. We've actually been great since the new year (right around when BeBe started disappearing from the rotation), 5th in 2017.
          No Bebe. Lots of Ibaka. More Poeltl. One less weak link.....

EDIT: I will never forget that moment (I believe it was an Orlando game) where the rebound hit Bebe in his hands and he appeared stunned for second or two that he had the ball. I believe it was his only rebound that game.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
            No Bebe. Lots of Ibaka. More Poeltl. One less weak link.....

EDIT: I will never forget that moment (I believe it was an Orlando game) where the rebound hit Bebe in his hands and he appeared stunned for second or two that he had the ball. I believe it was his only rebound that game.
            I'd be surprised if our big rotation goes deeper than Jonas, Ibaka, Patterson.

I'm guessing we only see Peoltl Power if Jonas gets in foul trouble.

Comment

I really want this over and done with in 5. Need to be fresh for the Cavs series

Comment

JV dominated in the first half last game against the Bucks. Playoff JV will dominate the entire series

Comment

I'm stoked for this series. I think it will be really fun. Hopefully we can win game one at home and get that final monkey off our back but we need to come out with intensity, (no slow starts) and keep it up throughout the game.

I'm particularly excited to see how the series will shape up with the Bucks' length and Derozan's improved play making skills. Think Lowry's injury was the best thing that could have happened.

One thing I'm worried about though is if 2Pat and Carroll will hit their threes.

I'm thinking Raps in five.

Comment

Sucks we gotta face the bucks first round. I like them and would be rooting for them over any other non raps team in the east.

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
                      Sucks we gotta face the bucks first round. I like them and would be rooting for them over any other non raps team in the east.
                      Agreed, Giannis is so easy to root for. I also think I'm a bit more scared of the Bucks than others here. Long athletic perimeter defenders will always pose a challenge, plus Giannis very well might end up the best player in this series. All the stuff about JV dominating inside is true, but if he gets foul trouble, or Casey vies for a smaller lineup to deal with Maker, things could get interesting. Still should be Raps in 6 though, too much talent in the starting lineup to drop 3 losses.

Comment

I hope it's done in 5 but get the feeling it will take 6.

Time to unleash Bruno on Giannis.

Comment

The most important thing to me is Carrol better be coming off the bench....we don't need Giannis getting red hot then trying to get Tucker to cool him down.

Comment

I picked Raps in 6. I think the Deer will get one at home and I would not be shocked if they stole Game 1. I could also see them getting run out the building in Toronto and salvaging a game three or four and being done in 5. I don't think they have the horses to really threaten Toronto but I also thought the Pacers would be a walkover last season and Toronto ended up needing some luck and some Frank Vogel to win that series.....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I'd be surprised if our big rotation goes deeper than Jonas, Ibaka, Patterson.

I'm guessing we only see Peoltl Power if Jonas gets in foul trouble.
                              That would be a safe assumption. Tucker is more or less a 4 as well especially with a healthy lowry moving to 2 point guards and derozan at 3 more often
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Hmm. Going to steal most of my points in here for an article.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X