Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deems wrote: View Post
    Totally agree here, Maker and Monroe just don't have the defensive abilities to stop him; This series has JV written all over it. I'm not as concerned that he won't get the ball, after the OKC debacle Derozan gave the ball to JV a lot more when the match-ups presented themselves.

The absolute key here is Casey managing this series correctly, we have to make Milwaukee adjust to us not the other way around.
    To be honest every likely series we would have to get out of the East has JV written all over it. MIL can't defend him, CLE probably can't defend him (Thompson should have trouble handling him), and Jonas would eat BOS alive if they get that far.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Carroll has done a nice job on Giannis this year. In the 4 games, Giannis averages 23 minutes per game with Carroll opposite him, and 13 minutes per game without Carroll. His FG% goes from 54% to 65% when Carroll sits, his points per 36 jump from 21 to 33 (roughly half his points have been scored in the 1/3rd of his playing time without Carroll on him), and his plus-minus per 36 goes from -8 to -6.
      But Giannis' overall FG% is 52%, so that means that Carroll is guarding Greek Freak slightly worse than the rest of the league, so I'm not sure I'd call that a nice job. What you're highlighting here is that whichever Raptor was guarding Giannis when Carroll sat (I would guess Derozan?) was a total pylon on defense, or a really bad matchup, or our defensive strategy on him was worse than the rest of the league. Our other SF options, PJ & Powell, are pretty short to deal with Giannis' length.

Comment

Game 1 is at 5:30! Not noon!

Comment

5:30 Saturday start

Comment

Where are you guys getting this?

Comment

After getting a nasty letter from Abbas' parents, the NBA decided to ensure that Abbas actually focused on his exam on Saturday and get closer to moving out of his parents' basement.

Comment

For the leafs fans on here this means that the raps game will overlap with game 3 of leafs caps

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  Yes, I recall the game. With 6:30 left in the 2nd Q, the Raps were down by 5 (with the team having given up a 22-7 run while JV sat between the end of the 1st and middle of the 2nd) and JV subbed in. The Bucks' possessions went like this over the next few minutes:

Middleton 2 point jumper made
                  Delly jumper missed
                  Hawes 10 foot jumper made
                  Giannis missed dunk
                  Hawes 3 point jumper made
                  Brogdon turnover
                  Antetokounmpo layup made
                  Hawes 3 point jumper made

So, the Bucks scored 12 points to the Raptors' 10 points in that time frame in 8 possessions each, expanding the lead from 5 to 7 (disaster!). Hawes made two open threes and short jumper.

Valanciunas was pulled with a couple minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Hawes, thank goodness, was slightly less effective for the final two minutes (with an assist, an old-fashioned three point play and 2 rebounds in the final 2:30 of the half), and the Bucks scored only 11 points in those final 2 and a half minutes on 5 possessions (a 211 point pace!), pushing their lead to 11 at the half (again, at this point JV was a +11 on the night). Whew, fixed that defensive issue caused by Valanciunas.

Valanciunas played a few minutes to start the 3rd Q, then sat for the rest of the game. He had by far the best on-court defensive rating on the team that game. Heck, in the 2nd Q, when Hawes was such a big issue, the team had a far worse defensive rating with JV on the bench than when he was in the game (nevermind the offence completely tanking without him).

I know the reason JV sat was because Casey saw him get abused on a handful of possessions. I know that was the reason. I'm saying it was a stupid reason and reacting that way cost the Raptors the game in all likelihood. That game was lost as soon as Casey did EXACTLY what the Bucks wanted him to do - match up small with them so they aren't punished for their weaknesses, and can play exactly the way they want to. You think the Bucks want to live and die with Spencer Hawes jump shots? Hell no.

What I'm saying is if the Raptors make the same cowardly reactive choices, they are going to give the Bucks a chance in this series. If the Raptors play their game and play to ther strengths and find ways to use their best players (Greg Monroe played 14 minutes in the 2nd half, how the heck does JV only play 6?), this series should be simple to close out early.
                  You are very right. But I'm sad to tell you that Casey is an idiot and he LOVES to react instead of impose his will. Having to rely on Casey's decision making in terms of the roster really scares me because he's stubborn and normally makes the wrong choice. I can see us going small more often than not if Hawes comes in and hit a couple 3's again lol
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Round #1, Game #1: Milwaukee Bucks 97 - Toronto Raptors 83 (MIL 1-0)

We ended up with 51, so let's keep the W's a-going! This Bucks squad ain't got nothing on us, not even Giannis.... we got the Brazillian who soon willl be making millions.... Bruno Caboclo, baby!

Anyways... let's get the starters outta the way!

Starters:

PG: The little guy from Phily...... #7, KYLE LOWRY!

SG: The man who most can say is the best mid-range shooter in the league..... #10, DEMAR DEROZAN!

SF: You know who it is.... JYD 2.0..... #5, DEMARRE CARROLL!

PF: The man who took a night off but will be swatting shots all playoffs..... #9, SERGE IBAKA!

C: The man whose shown he's got touch all over the court, hitting 3 point bombs..... #17, JONAS VALANCIUNAS!

Milwaukee's Starting Crew:

PG: Malcolm Brogdon

SG: Khris Middleton

SF: Tony Snell

PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo

C: Thon Maker

As always.... LET'S GO RAPTORS!
                    Last edited by Cody73; Thu Apr 13, 2017, 12:30 AM. Reason: Got a little carried away & gave Ibaka his Olrando #. My bad.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Alright Cody you're the ace on the staff. Take this series in a sweep and live to see yourself become a legend.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

It's playoff time! Let fucking go!
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Lets get it

Comment

2 rookies and Tony Snell in your starting lineup. Is this really a playoff team?

Not to underestimate your opponent, but....

Comment

I am happy for Giannis and the Bucks, but unfortunately they are messing with the wrong team. Crush them.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                                2 rookies and Tony Snell in your starting lineup. Is this really a playoff team?

Not to underestimate your opponent, but....

Replace that car with a truck and you're dead on!

Comment

Working...
                                X