No announcement yet.

Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said it before; this team goes through massive droughts from 3 point range where they couldn't hit a barn door. Our 3 point shooting will sink us. Teams load up on demar in the paint, where he can't do anything. We HAVE to make them pay for them loading up on Demar. There just aren't enough consistent 3 point shooters on the team.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      (2) Casey is pretty good at between game adjustments, but not so great at on-the-fly "in game" adjustments.
      I think thats because at half assistants can give more imput. In game Casey is on his own more.

Casey isnt a tactician. Ive seen reporters ask him questions post game where he says "ill have to look at the boxscore" you just coached for 48 minutes u shouldnt even need the box. 25pt half you can bet hes saying move the ball, move off the ball bla bla bla now - reactionary coaching

Comment

• Wizards can score and play tough.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
          Fuck it, just start Bruno.

It'd be like one of those kaiju movies where the big monster is wrecking shit, but then we show up with a giant monster of our own.
          Lmao. Bruno as mothra with the wingspan.

Siakam is also 6'9 with 7'3 wingspan and a freak athlete. Both he and Bruno are incredibly raw but if all else fails...

As others have mentioned, I think we should try to exploit the JV/thon matchup. We also need JV to win the Monroe matchup.

I'm curious whether our wingspan players might be useful in this series and our strength players might be useful vs LeBron if we make it thru? With serge as rim protection behind both groups.

Seems to me the pervasive comment re: the raps advantage in this series was depth. Imo masai has given Casey all the tools to compete and if Casey really believes in next man up then he will realize that certain matchups are being exploited (like Middleton vs cojo) and adjust.

I haven't been driving the #firecasey bus but I must say that I've always hated the defeated, helpless and confused look that comes over him in losing situations like last night. Tross used to get that look too but he's not the guy in charge.

Something interesting on the ESPN broadcast last night was that they said that Casey had to get approval from Kidd to make defensive changes in Dallas. Don't know if that is true?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            Wizards can score and play tough.
            And Hawks go on a 10-0 run after my post lol

Comment

• I know ibaka would be a bit slow - anyone is compared to grfreak but how about going big with jv and bebe starting bigs and ibaka covering the freak? Bebe and ibakas shot blocking and jv grunt work might be enough as long as we can still get out and cover the three. Not sure about the final count but bucks had some second chancers that sucked the life out of the team it happens a lot when we go small and ibakas at the 5

Comment

• ....or do the obvious and keep jv on a lot in the second half - casey you #%*%#

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                  ....or do the obvious and keep jv on a lot in the second half - casey you #%*%#
                  Did you watch last night's game??? he was awful last night specially on D. Monroe completely outplayed/outhustled the guy.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• https://twitter.com/cf_gardner/statu...66070821031937
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I just hope it was just poor choice of words and not anything more meaningful like Lowry not handling P.J. rightfully criticizing him after such bad game. I'd really want to see report that he once again stayed in the gym until 3 a.m. working on his shoot, not these dumbass remarks.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        The biggest problem I have is I just don't see what our solution is to Giannis. Last year with PG, Norm and a help defender was able to curtail him. Giannis is simply too big for ANY of our small forwards and they can't help our get burnt by open 3ptrs for Brogdon or Middleton.

I wish I was optimistic as many of you but this is exactly why I've been saying that the Bucks are the scariest 1st rd matchup. My only guess is we have to pound the ball into JV which Casey hates but it also still doesn't answer how we handle Giannis on the other end. This has to be killing Masai a bit inside every time he looks on court at Giannis n then glances at the end of the bench at Bruno.
                        On Dec 12th Giannis scored 30 on us and we won by 20. There is no silver bullett solution to stoping him. That said, if the Raps hit shots it reduces transition opportunities for him which is where he thrives. Slow the pace down make it a half court game and that will slow him down considerably. We also need to win the rebounding battle. If we can grab some more offensive boards that means the Greek Freak is not exploding on a fast break the other way.

You're not going to stop him entirely. But you don't need to.

Comment

• This fuckwad thinks the offence is fine. What a clueless fuck. Probably the worse coach in the league. I just want to smack him across his smug looking face.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• No further word on Lowry being sick other than the tidbit on Friday? If you were to imagine a Lowry flu game, it could look like that. Among other things he just didn't have the quickness to get himself open enough to make shots + plays.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• There is no way the bucks will keep shooting above 40% from the 3. Rudy bargainnai is right we should let Gianni's go off but keep the others in check. I mean the rookie went off against us.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                If I'm reading this correctly, in the opening round, the road team (lower seed) winning game 1 has historically won 48% of the series.
                                So we still have a better than 50/50 shot.

http://www.whowins.com/tables/up10.html
                                Very true. I will feel better when it's all tied up tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                X