Everything Round 1: Toronto Raptors vs Milwaukee Bucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    If Casey has balls, he starts Tucker. Carroll's length did nothing to Giannis as he just used his strength to get to the paint.
    This seems like such no-brainer for me. Especially when considering that our starting unit is constantly a net negative to start games. We need an infusion of energy even before we consider the specifics of the Giannis matchup.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      This seems like such no-brainer for me. Especially when considering that our starting unit is constantly a net negative to start games. We need an infusion of energy even before we consider the specifics of the Giannis matchup.
      Yeah I don't get it either. Carroll also can benefit from 3s with the second unit. Having him and Pat in the corners should help out spacing on the second unit.

Comment

• I thoroughly enjoy how superstitious ya'll are.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
          I thoroughly enjoy how superstitious ya'll are.

Raps need any advantage they can get; real or placebo.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Pretty scathing article in theringer.com about the Raptors inability to perform in the playoffs, not focused entirely on the Raptors but some pretty direct undertones. And this was written BEFORE game 1

Kyrie Irving and DeMar DeRozan are the same player.

Irving shoots more accurately and creates more often, while DeRozan bulldozes his way to the line at a much higher clip. Defensively, they are mediocre at best, and crippling liabilities at worst. DeRozan plays in a languid staccato of drawn-out jabs, while Irving effectively dances along the border of looseness and carelessness with each possession. But even though their games lead down different paths, their production reaches the same point: Per Basketball-Reference, Irving and DeRozan have produced almost the same number of win shares in 2017.

Zoom out far enough, and there’s nothing separating the two.

But the increased attention to the playoffs zooms us right back in: It puts every team, every player, every ref, every broadcaster, and every courtside cherub under the microscope. And with a focused lens hovering over their play, Irving shines, while DeRozan combusts.
            Yet while the threat Korver and Thompson pose still creates space for an offense, an inefficient scorer like DeRozan crumples amid the increased pressure. This year, over 90 percent of his shots have come from within the 3-point arc, so DeRozan has to make those shots at an incredibly high rate in order to still be an effective scorer. It’s the whole “three is more than two” thing. He pulls off that tight-rope act in the regular season, but it’s just harder to make shots in the playoffs, and so if DeRozan’s field goal percentage drops even just a few points, he becomes a net negative on offense. In the playoffs, he shoots a full 5 percentage points worse from the field.

Eight years into his career, it’s clear that DeRozan can be the lead scorer on a great offensive team — during the regular season. Once the playoffs start, though, his game looks completely out of place.
            https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playo...s-ec1074245a89
            Last edited by KeonClark; Mon Apr 17, 2017, 11:23 AM.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Demar will be fine. He's a big time player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• The Raptors have become the NBA's greatest procrastinators.

"That's been our MO," Casey said.

Despite going in as favourites, they needed seven games to advance past the first and second round last year. For the second straight season, they led the league in double-digit comeback wins with 21, also setting a franchise record. They were a minus-12 in the first quarter this season - third-worst among playoff teams - and a league-best plus-227 in the fourth.
                http://www.tsn.ca/could-team-dna-exp...-woes-1.725937

Never a sense of urgency to start a game/series.

Comment

• I think it's good for the team to have 2 off days to go over this loss, stew about it, and then mentally recover.

But as a fan I really wish we played tonight

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I think it's good for the team to have 2 off days to go over this loss, stew about it, and then mentally recover.

But as a fan I really wish we played tonight
                    Raptors vs Heat Game 2: 1 day of rest. W

Raptors vs Pacers Game 2: 1 day of rest. W

Raptors vs Wizards Game 2: 2 days of rest. L

Raptors vs Bucks Game 2: 2 days of rest. ?????

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post

Profit.

Comment

• For what it's worth, espn formula still has us at 62% chance to win the series. Celtics are 49% and clippers 36%. Trail blazers are less than 1%
                        http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/p...-for-nba-teams

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          http://www.tsn.ca/could-team-dna-exp...-woes-1.725937

Never a sense of urgency to start a game/series.
                          And that comes down to the coaching. If Casey isn't preparing them to start off strong, then what the fuck is he doing.
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post

This team loves rest. Things were different couple years ago though

Raptors:

16/17 2 or more days of rest: 83% games won(12 games played)
                            15/16: 71% games won(only 7 games played)

16/17 Milwaukee 3 days of rest record: 0-8!(2 days rest 4-1)
                            Last edited by rocwell; Mon Apr 17, 2017, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Not sure how I feel about this

Comment

Working...
                                X