X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those shirts are ugly af

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Why cant they just put We the North or Raptors logo on tshirt. Making it harder than it has to be.
      How else is the design company going to charge MLSE half a million bucks in 'creative' fees? It's gotta be out-of-the-box stupid.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Not only do I trust Lowry, I think he should retire a Raptor. The game 1 loss was much bigger than him alone.

The real question is whether or not we make any adjustments or if we're going to keep playing stupid basketball.
        Well i don't. Why should i? i completely get what Shaq is saying.

Lowry had a DISASTROUS playoffs last year. He wasn't any better in the Washington series two years ago. He had a chance to redeem himself this year, i know it's only 1 game....but 4 points on 2/11 shooting? are you kidding me?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Well i don't. Why should i? i completely get what Shaq is saying.

Lowry had a DISASTROUS playoffs last year. He wasn't any better in the Washington series two years ago. He had a chance to redeem himself this year, i know it's only 1 game....but 4 points on 2/11 shooting? are you kidding me?
          Kyle lowry
          Game 3 at miami: 33 pts 58%
          Game 5 vs miami: 25 pts 6 ast 10 reb
          Game 6 at miami: 36 pts, 60% from 3
          Game 7 vs miami 35 pts 9 ast 7 reb 55% fg, 72% from 3

Game 3 vs cleveland 20 pts 53%, 50% from 3
          Game 4 vs cleveland 35 pts 70%, 57% from 3
          Game 6 vs cleveland 35 pts, 50%, 50% from 3.

This narrative needs to pump it's brakes a little. Was he a less than regular season lowry? Consistently yes. He was horrid shooting vs indy. But 7 of his final 11 games were monster performances, as the games got tougher and the lights shined brighter.

He has it in him. He's not some complete flake like shaq charles and the talking heads make him out to be. Now is not the time for raps nation to throw him under the bus
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            Why cant they just put We the North or Raptors logo on tshirt. Making it harder than it has to be.
            They wouldn't have any need for the CREATIVE department then. Gotta spend the ticket and concession money on something!

We need to don the Undefeated Huskies jersey's/court when we're at home. Enough is enough.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Kyle lowry

This narrative needs to pump it's brakes a little. Was he a less than regular season lowry? Consistently yes. He was horrid shooting vs indy. But 7 of his final 11 games were monster performances, as the games got tougher and the lights shined brighter.

He has it in him. He's not some complete flake like shaq charles and the talking heads make him out to be. Now is not the time for raps nation to throw him under the bus
              Not throwing him under the bus. All i'm saying is, he's a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT player in the playoffs. It's really bizaare.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                They wouldn't have any need for the CREATIVE department then. Gotta spend the ticket and concession money on something!

We need to don the Undefeated Huskies jersey's/court when we're at home. Enough is enough.
                They have a bunch of logos and logo elements to play with lool Play with scale, color. Shit they had that graffiti theme last year. Just stencil the logos on T-shirt

this would've been better last year LOL I don't know I'm not designer but I know I don't wanna wear that Northside shit
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Kyle lowry

Lol, I mean, there's ZERO GAMES FOR AN ENTIRE 7 GAME SERIES.

(Point being: most likely, this isn't a small thing. Although, I'm still not discounting bad luck due to injuries.)
                  Last edited by JimiCliff; Tue Apr 18, 2017, 02:47 PM.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post

Those Huskies jerseys need to go the way of the dodo.

They should bust out the retro purple pinstripes, Zan Tabak style.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• We need Kyle to perform. If he's on the court, he has to be better. We don't win if he plays major minutes and doesn't help us put points on the board and make a concerted effort to play defense.

I'm not too concerned though. Defensively, I thought we did okay. Yes, Giannis has his way, but the Bucks overall didn't score a ton.

If we get our points, we have the defense to win the game and the series.

Comment

Kyle lowry

Nevermind all that. Individual performances are great and all, and he definitely has it in him, and I'd love to see him explode for 30+ on like 15 shots tonight, but that's not the part that concerns me.

Last year in the playoffs, literally every second Lowry sat the Raptors were absolutely freaking terrible. They won two series, with the major production coming from JV and CoJo, but Lowry was a huge difference maker, even with his shot being useless depending on the night.

The team carried a roughly break-even net rating with Lowry on the court in the playoffs last year. That's not great, but it was the best on the team by a good margin (JV close behind with a -3 rating to Lowry's -1, then a bunch of -5's).

When Lowry sat, the team had a -28 net rating. No, there isn't a missing decimal point there. MINUS TWENTY EIGHT. There aren't enough all caps in the world for this stat. All the other players who had success (Biyombo, JV, Carroll, Patterson) floated around a -8 to -9 off-court net rating. Lowry's was -28. Lowry carried a 51% TS% (bad), a 46% eFG% (bad), and an assist to turnover ratio below 2 (bad). And was BY FAR the most important player to the team's success in the playoffs last year.

What we saw last game was an entirely different thing. The shooting woes are the least of it. Lowry has shown he can overcome bad shooting. But he was terrible in every facet last game. He'll bounce back - this is no continuation of a trend, it was an abberration. Lowry will be fine, whether his shot comes back or not (and his previous struggles in the playoffs have usually followed on regular season injuries that showed themselves in poor shooting during the regular season - while Lowry looked good shooting it since he came back from injury).
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Those Huskies jerseys need to go the way of the dodo.

They should bust out the retro purple pinstripes, Zan Tabak style.
                          Honestly the purple cartoon dinosaur jerseys look better than anything else in the nba. They should just make those the alternate jerseys.

Comment

• I don't blame Kyle. Every one of our starters hat a horrible plus/minus.

That's a plodding, old-school starting lineup he is stuck with. There's really not a single player with any bounce or lateral quicks. That's just not Kyle's game. That's why he always does better with the younger, more athletic, more team-oriented bench lineup.

Look at the numbers, our starting lineups have stunk for two years and this starting lineup is no different. Everybody wants to shoot, no ball movement, no movement off the ball, sloppy turnovers. Poor chemistry on defense. Lazy switches, gambling for blocks, over-playing the offensive boards, slow getting back...

The reason our bench has had to bail out the starters for the last 200 games is that, despite their individual talent our starters play lousy team basketball. And you can't beat good teams that way.

The only reason we survived our shooters in last years playoffs was because Casey finally switched Patterson and the Biyombo into the starting lineups when we were about to be eliminated in each series.

Biz is gone, Patterson and Bebe are both in the doghouse, so I guess Tucker is the best hope. Wish he was taller.
                            Last edited by BrieflySpeaking; Tue Apr 18, 2017, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• The girlfriend has spoken.

"The raptors BETTER win tonight..........

I DO NOT need a grumpy KeonClark tonight and tomorrow!" (She doesn't actually call me by my raps republic handle, unless we're in the bedroom. But i digress)

You hear that kyle? Demar? Jonas? Serge? Mrs. Keon needs this!
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

The girlfriend has spoken.

"The raptors BETTER win tonight..........

I DO NOT need a grumpy KeonClark tonight and tomorrow!" (She doesn't actually call me by my raps republic handle, unless we're in the bedroom. But i digress)

You hear that kyle? Demar? Jonas? Serge? Mrs. Keon needs this!
                                My wife won't watch the playoff games with me. She goes into another part of the house. If they lose she usually pretends she fell asleep early so she doesn't have to listen to me bitch and complain.

Comment

Working...
                                X